Itaria No Shintaku

Is anyone else fearing that Nexo Knights is meaning NO new castle them

Will TLG produce historic castle themes in your opinion while Nexo Knights is in production?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Will TLG produce historic castle themes in your opinion while Nexo Knights is in production?

While we do not know how well Nexo Knights are selling, I think it is safe to say they are not doing as well as Elves. Here is the only true glimce we get to see from the LEGO 2015 Annual Report to Shareholders:

That doesn't say anything about Nexo Knights because they didn't release until January 2016. It would be interesting to see the 2016 Report.

That doesn't say anything about Nexo Knights because they didn't release until January 2016. It would be interesting to see the 2016 Report.

I forgot that. Thanks.

I know it's only observational evidence within a small sample, but it doesn't look like Nexo Knights sells that well in most stores I visit (big stores such as Walmart and Target, along with a few smaller toy shops on a rare occasion). Some of the smaller, less expensive sets will sell a little bit, but there's always plenty left on the shelves of almost all Nexo sets.

I know it's only observational evidence within a small sample, but it doesn't look like Nexo Knights sells that well in most stores I visit (big stores such as Walmart and Target, along with a few smaller toy shops on a rare occasion). Some of the smaller, less expensive sets will sell a little bit, but there's always plenty left on the shelves of almost all Nexo sets.

I can say the same for my area, but I've seen others saying the opposite.

Anecdotal evidence like this is never really worth too much.

I can say the same for my area, but I've seen others saying the opposite.

Anecdotal evidence like this is never really worth too much.

I know. The reason I mentioned is that I travel quite a bit, and tend to keep an eye on this where I go (so it's not really JUST "my town/city" as a sample size). I live in Midwest USA, and travel quite a bit for work, in addition to visiting family out of state in 2 major cities. I also went to Europe this Summer. Not once in any place I've ever traveled to have I found Nexo Knights appear to fly off the shelves the way other popular themes have in the past.. Either these stores have just conveniently restocked their Nexo supply right before I visit every time (which is a ridiculous notion), or else these sets don't sell that well in the places I travel or live.

I know. The reason I mentioned is that I travel quite a bit, and tend to keep an eye on this where I go (so it's not really JUST "my town/city" as a sample size). I live in Midwest USA, and travel quite a bit for work, in addition to visiting family out of state in 2 major cities. I also went to Europe this Summer. Not once in any place I've ever traveled to have I found Nexo Knights appear to fly off the shelves the way other popular themes have in the past.. Either these stores have just conveniently restocked their Nexo supply right before I visit every time (which is a ridiculous notion), or else these sets don't sell that well in the places I travel or live.

Fair enough. I'd say that this is a bit of a step above anecdotal, as it covers a wide range of locations.

Am I the only one that thinks Elves is one of the few themes minidolls don't matter? Don't get me wrong, I would prefer minifigs. However Elves being another race of creatures gives them an actual reason to be different when mixing with traditional Castle. (Unlike friends mixing with Town/City.)

In my "castleverse" the Elves are an elder race of Fae-Elves. The flesh colored minifigs from Middle Earth sets are the immortal half-breed elves. (Yes all flesh figures are "non-humans".) The yellow CMF elves are the mortal half-breeds.

As for Nexo Knights... Well the good guys do make awesome space marines by simply giving them old school space/town visors. (And are everything Galaxy Squad should have been.)

The bad guys on the other hand I think are awesome. Best faction since Kingdoms. They also have the best battle pack since Fantasy Era. No heroes, main characters, or useless knights with no horse. Just four bad guy soldiers/peons with some nice mix and match ability. If the pack came with 2 generic shields it would have been perfect. (Radar dishes and pneumatic Ts are cheap though.)

As for the original thread question it should be obvious by now that for better or worse Nexo Kinghts is the Castle theme right now as far as Lego is concerned. But hey at least the Disney Castle is finally giving us the Medieval Market Village quality castle we have all been wanting. It just doesn't come with any actual castle minifigs. (In my case I can do the same thing I would have done with a UCS Minas Tirith if we had gotten one. Convert it to a Crown Knight citadel.)

Am I the only one that thinks Elves is one of the few themes minidolls don't matter?.......However Elves being another race of creatures gives them an actual reason to be different when mixing with traditional Castle.

My gut tells me you would be hard pressed to find too many people here that agree with your assessment. Quite a few people don't like mixing yellow-skinned minifigs with flesh-tone minifigs. And based on what I've read over the years, most people who prefer the traditional minifigs don't want the minidolls anywhere near them. The sculpting differences are just too drastic on the minidolls when you consider Lego already has traditional minifig Elves as a reference point.

My gut tells me you would be hard pressed to find too many people here that agree with your assessment. Quite a few people don't like mixing yellow-skinned minifigs with flesh-tone minifigs. And based on what I've read over the years, most people who prefer the traditional minifigs don't want the minidolls anywhere near them. The sculpting differences are just too drastic on the minidolls when you consider Lego already has traditional minifig Elves as a reference point.

Completely agree. I've had a hard time deciding if I should go with yellow or flesh, and have a few of each (yellow is currently far in the lead). Minidolls never even make it near my collection. I assess whether I want the hair piece, and the rest goes into a baggie to give to my nieces (if I didn't have nieces, I'd just toss them).

Minidolls never even make it near my collection. I assess whether I want the hair piece, and the rest goes into a baggie to give to my nieces (if I didn't have nieces, I'd just toss them).

With very few exceptions, elves minidolls are practically given away on bricklink.

My daughter likes them, and that's great, but even she would prefer traditional minifigs.

There may be hope for Castle yet. According to sources in the Action Adventure Themes forum, next year's Nexo Knights will have big space suits. So maybe they will take Nexo Knights to Space and give us something truly Castle.

I highly doubt it. I mean, I would have called the current armor a space marine suit, so it may just be a case of subjective opinion and terminology. Either way, I'm trying to be optimistic about it.

There may be hope for Castle yet. According to sources in the Action Adventure Themes forum, next year's Nexo Knights will have big space suits. So maybe they will take Nexo Knights to Space and give us something truly Castle.

I highly doubt it. I mean, I would have called the current armor a space marine suit, so it may just be a case of subjective opinion and terminology. Either way, I'm trying to be optimistic about it.

They're not going to Space, rather a region in the top right corner of the map called Rockland. There are also lots of ruins there, hence Ruina. The notion that they would go to Space in the first place was silly, because they would have set up all of those regions for nothing. :laugh:

They're not going to Space, rather a region in the top right corner of the map called Rockland. There are also lots of ruins there, hence Ruina. The notion that they would go to Space in the first place was silly, because they would have set up all of those regions for nothing. :laugh:

Nuts.

The notion that they would go to Space in the first place was silly

Have you SEEN Nexo Knights?!?! Going to Space doesn't seem any sillier than those characters existing in a Castle setting.

Have you SEEN Nexo Knights?!?! Going to Space doesn't seem any sillier than those characters existing in a Castle setting.

I really like the idea personally. I've been building space equipment for my Knights, planning on remaking the Fortrex into a spaceship, etc., so I'd love to see it.

Plus the complaining would be epic. NEXO KNIGHTS IS THE WORST THING EVER NOW WE'LL NEVER GET A PROPER SPACE THEME

Here's what you quoted:

And here's the full sentence:

The notion that they would go to Space in the first place was silly, because they would have set up all of those regions for nothing. :laugh:

Well, it could have been just a nice painted map with various biomes surrounding the kingdom. While it could imply future sets, it may have simply been art, much like the infamous elf in the image below. It was confirmed that there were never any actual plans to include elves in that theme.

rs2.jpg

But I think I see your point, and I think they do actually have a plan with the Nexo Knights map. I also, however, agree with thetang22 when he says the following:

So while you may be right in that they are likely following a plan that involves the map, he's got a point in that space doesn't really feel like a silly destination for the Nexo Knights.

What is fun is that they said at SDCC that sea and forest monsters are planned for the show but they don't release them next year :\

Edited by LegoRomania

I think it's amazing people thought LEGO would make two different themes with 'knights' in them. Castle isn't a main theme anymore and hasn't been for awhile. There has been so much useless redoes of Pirates I'm glad castle takes a break for a bit. You can't keep rehashing the same sets over and over with. Castle isn't City. ;)

I think it's amazing people thought LEGO would make two different themes with 'knights' in them. Castle isn't a main theme anymore and hasn't been for awhile. There has been so much useless redoes of Pirates I'm glad castle takes a break for a bit. You can't keep rehashing the same sets over and over with. Castle isn't City. ;)

The problem with Castle is that they do keep rehashing the same sets. If they were to explore other options, like Forestmen, Wolfpack, and civilian sets like Mill Village Raid, they would diversify their Castle lineup and keep it from getting stale and repetitive.

Well, it could have been just a nice painted map with various biomes surrounding the kingdom. While it could imply future sets, it may have simply been art, much like the infamous elf in the image below. It was confirmed that there were never any actual plans to include elves in that theme.

But I think I see your point, and I think they do actually have a plan with the Nexo Knights map. I also, however, agree with thetang22 when he says the following:

So while you may be right in that they are likely following a plan that involves the map, he's got a point in that space doesn't really feel like a silly destination for the Nexo Knights.

All of this is correct, and they very well could go to Space after they finish up the map. I was simply calling him out for misquoting me.

Here's what you quoted:

The notion that they would go to Space in the first place was silly, because they would have set up all of those regions for nothing. :laugh:

You suggested Nexo Knights going to space would be silly for specific reasons.

I suggest that Nexo Knights going to space isn't remotely silly for any reason, due to Nexo Knights being what it is. Hence why I left out your specific reasons in my quote (the specific reasons just didn't matter to my point).

You suggested Nexo Knights going to space would be silly for specific reasons.

I suggest that Nexo Knights going to space isn't remotely silly for any reason, due to Nexo Knights being what it is. Hence why I left out your specific reasons in my quote (the specific reasons just didn't matter to my point).

Right, but you quoted me when you didn't have to. What was the point of dissecting what I said when you could have just said it yourself?