Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

I think it's going to be a new stretchy rubber piece but one that looks similar to the normal arms. I doubt her arms will be brick built because that wouldn't fit with the style of other minifigures. Also, does the new mold mean we might get Mr. Fantastic next summer?

I don't think we are getting Mr. Fantastic, but who knows. Yes, if they are releasing a mold like that it'll fit Mr. Fantastic arms also.

(I know I'm saying something every 2 posts and I'm sorry for that) Could it be an accessory like object that is held like the pom-pom (this one http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=87997pb02#T=C&C=1) and looked like an elongated arm and used a normal hand at the end of it so you can still place weapons or accessories in it's hand. (also if that is misunderstood i am talking about the new piece not the actual hand) To simplify it: the grip attachment is the same as the pom pom, it looks like an arm but longer, and the hand at the end of the new mold is a normal hand so the connection for the hand is like a normal arm (so it IS swapable). Again this is an idea, and like Sci said it would be pose able so it's possible isn't it?

The problem with it being an accessory is that Kamala has that bracer on her arm, so the printing can't win there. I just hope she doesn't JUST have stretchy arms, because I want regular ones for a more default look. I doubt I'll get that lucky, because that would mean either including extra arms (which Lego doesn't even seem to consider separate parts from the torsos) or a second torso (which would probably be expensive for them and by extension us).

(I know I'm saying something every 2 posts and I'm sorry for that) Could it be an accessory like object that is held like the pom-pom (this one http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=87997pb02#T=C&C=1) and looked like an elongated arm and used a normal hand at the end of it so you can still place weapons or accessories in it's hand. (also if that is misunderstood i am talking about the new piece not the actual hand) To simplify it: the grip attachment is the same as the pom pom, it looks like an arm but longer, and the hand at the end of the new mold is a normal hand so the connection for the hand is like a normal arm (so it IS swapable). Again this is an idea, and like Sci said it would be pose able so it's possible isn't it?

Yeah, that sounds possible, good idea!

I just hope she doesn't JUST have stretchy arms, because I want regular ones for a more default look.

They could include an extra torso with normal arms.

The problem with it being an accessory is that Kamala has that bracer on her arm, so the printing can't win there. I just hope she doesn't JUST have stretchy arms, because I want regular ones for a more default look. I doubt I'll get that lucky, because that would mean either including extra arms (which Lego doesn't even seem to consider separate parts from the torsos)

The arms are definitely considered part of the torso, but what about the hands? I could see them making an arm extension using that connector, but I don't know if that breaks Lego's internal rules...

I'm guessing they are just giving her the arms and legs from the Woody figure from Toy Story. Those were interesting parts that never got reused, plus they wouldn't have to make a new mold for them. The thing is, they'd probably have to include basically an entire other minifig for a normal version if it's even included. Honestly I'm much more interested in the Coulson/Detroit Steel set and what it'll look like. I just don't care for the current Ms. Marvel and the Super Adaptoid, a new Cap variant, and some jet aren't convincing me it would be worth a purchase. None of those things really appeal to me that much. It's going to have to be a pretty amazing set in order to change my mind.

Edited by ToaDraco

I'm guessing they are just giving her the arms and legs from the Woody figure from Toy Story. Those were interesting parts that never got reused, plus they wouldn't have to make a new mold for them. The thing is, they'd probably have to include basically an entire other minifig for a normal version if it's even included. Honestly I'm much more interested in the Coulson/Detroit Steel set and what it'll look like. I just don't care for the current Ms. Marvel and the Super Adaptoid, a new Cap variant, and some jet aren't convincing me it would be worth a purchase. None of those things really appeal to me that much. It's going to have to be a pretty amazing set in order to change my mind.

It won't be the Woody arms. The sources have already confirmed that her arms are a new mold.

I completely understand why those who saw super adaptoid, would mistake it for a super preliminary minifigure of Sam Wilson cap.

Edited by amazingbricks

I completely understand why those who saw super adaptoid, would mistake it for a super preliminary minifigure of Sam Wilson cap.

Did u see the image

The Ms. Marvel thing amuses me because when the character was first announced I remember some jerk saying she was never gonna take off and would be regulated to comic limbo in less than a year. If only I had the foresight to make it a wager, I could've made some bank LOL.

It won't be the Woody arms. The sources have already confirmed that her arms are a new mold.

One more time for the people in the cheap seats!

The problem with it being an accessory is that Kamala has that bracer on her arm, so the printing can't win there.

What do you mean?

Edited by Battlinpanther

Why is that?

Well preliminary figures are sometimes shown as completely white or grey figures, so in this case one with red wings might look like a preliminary figure of falcon when it is really a figure of Super Adaptoid, who is actually grey in the Avengers Assemble cartoons.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

Well preliminary figures are sometimes shown as completely white or grey figures, so in this case one with red wings might look like a preliminary figure of falcon when it is really a figure of Super Adaptoid, who is actually grey in the Avengers Assemble cartoons.

And yet there's captain america name on the box, I guess. Hahahahaha. So much confusion.

And yet there's captain america name on the box, I guess. Hahahahaha. So much confusion.

Cap has been confirmed to be Steve Rogers for some time now, if that's what's confusing you.

Well the Adaptiod created by Hammer is grey. The Super-Adaptiod, appearing in season three is green. so we won't know which it is until the final image.

The arms are definitely considered part of the torso, but what about the hands? I could see them making an arm extension using that connector, but I don't know if that breaks Lego's internal rules...

The problem with that is that, again, Kamala has a bracer, so if they extended the arm at the hand, her bracer would be halfway up her arm which wouldn't look quite right.

Here's an poorly-made illustration, because I don't think I'm explaining this very well.

Well the Adaptiod created by Hammer is grey. The Super-Adaptiod, appearing in season three is green. so we won't know which it is until the final image.

Ooo, I hope it's a green one! That would make for a much more interesting figure.

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

The problem with that is that, again, Kamala has a bracer, so if they extended the arm at the hand, her bracer would be halfway up her arm which wouldn't look quite right.

Here's an poorly-made illustration, because I don't think I'm explaining this very well.

Ooo, I hope it's a green one! That would make for a much more interesting figure.

The bracer wouldn't work if it was a new hand mold, but I think it's rumored to be a new arm mold entirely.

I hope it's the green one. I never liked the design they went with in the earlier seasons.

Captain America jet: contains Kamala Khan(with new arms), Steve Rogers cap, and super adaptoid.

Lola set: contains agent coulson, Detroit steel, and ANAD iron man.

Hulk vs red hulk set: contains classic hulk, she hulk, red hulk, and she red hulk.

Those are all the regular sets for winter 2017. Also, 3 GOTG sets are coming out in March.

Edited by amazingbricks

Updated January Wave Set List:

#76(076): Captain America Jet(...)

• Minifigures: [Khamala Khan] Ms. Marvel, [steve Rogers] Captain America, & Super Adaptoid

#76(077): Iron Man(...)Detroit Steel

• Minifigures: Agent Coulson, [All-New, All Different] Iron Man, Detroit Steel

Edited by Sir Gareth

The bracer wouldn't work if it was a new hand mold, but I think it's rumored to be a new arm mold entirely.

And that's where my second concern comes in: I don't necessarily want my Kamala to be embiggened at all times, and no other arm is going to have the printing for the bracer unless they provide one, and I don't know how they would do that. Save for potentially putting her in another set (she IS supposed to be a more major character this season) and giving her stretched out legs or something instead.

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd