Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Thor: Ragnarok sets have release worldwide for August 1st.

There are stories from people on the previous page who say that the Lego Store employees have claimed June 1st as the release date. 

I also think they have similar release dates because of the comic book for it. You look at past movie/ comic book sets with the comics and I am pretty sure only sets that have similar realease dates come with comics like that. Also the Thor sets could be exclusives so that's why we are only seeing pictures really pop up now 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I also think they have similar release dates because of the comic book for it. You look at past movie/ comic book sets with the comics and I am pretty sure only sets that have similar realease dates come with comics like that. Also the Thor sets could be exclusives so that's why we are only seeing pictures really pop up now 

I'm not buying the exclusive thing, but the comic book sharing is good point. How can they release Spiderman with Thor comics and then don't release the sets. Doesn't make sense.

On 5/17/2017 at 1:31 AM, SpiderJazz said:

On point, never realized that one. And heck yea there's a lot of potential villains that could pop up with Spider-Gwen!

C'mon, Koala Kommander!

I know for sure the worldwide release for the Ragnorak sets is not August 1st. Maybe North America, but Asia and Europe have it June 1st.

1 hour ago, just2good said:

I know for sure the worldwide release for the Ragnorak sets is not August 1st. Maybe North America, but Asia and Europe have it June 1st.

Booom! There ya go. thanks just2good for that information.

Probably we just assume it's being released in August because of the Movie counterpart from DC (Justice League) sets are being released in August.

7 hours ago, just2good said:

Man, I hate living in North America..

6 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

Yeah, the summer Super Hero waves the past two years are annoying me now. I hope we get them on June 1st as well. 

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It makes no sense that sets release on June 1st, 5 months before the movie.

It is a bit odd, I don't know why they would release the sets that far from the release date. 

8 hours ago, just2good said:

To quote Darth Vader:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It is a bit odd, I don't know why they would release the sets that far from the release date. 

Back in NYTF, we never had this sets on display, yet they'll be releasing it together with Spidey sets. It's weird because I personally think that they had to keep it at first. Probably the reason is we already get the glimpse of the sets in the trailer and no spoilers are considered in those Ragnarok sets? 

Given that the Thor sets are appearing in reviews from people who bought them in various countries that have released early I think it's safe to say they're coming out June first which is great, hopefully the USA will release them then too. It sucks if not but at least plenty of other great sets will be released then to tide us over.

10 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

Ha, I'd happily wait 2 months if it meant I could pay $60 for the Arena.

Interesting, the Spider-man sets are on the US LEGO website and the Thor ones aren't. However I checked the UK website and the Thor sets aren't on there either.

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Goliath maybe? Seeing as it is Hank, with growing powers... Strange if it's actually called that

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

A comic-book variant of Hank Pym in his giant form, all fit into a polybag.

Okay, but I must admit that's interesting...

1 hour ago, Sir Gareth said:

99.98% just the Goliath minifigure mislabeled as Giant-Man.

Not even mislabeled, really.

goliathhank.jpg?itok=_CcS-ShH

So we'll get a Giant-Man Hank Pym in a polybag instead of Ego or Kaecilius....

So is Goliath this  "Giant Man Hank Pym"? Or are we getting another minifigure like this? I have nothing against Ant-Man , but Ego would have been much more relevant minifigure.