Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Everyone please stop listing off the number of sets that we think we'll get. 

Everyone please stop listing off random characters names that we think could be included. 

The last few pages in this thread have been nothing but a blur. All this rumor and speculation talk does nothing but (clearly) confuse people. Until we get some tangible information, such as set numbers or titles, please do not drudge up half-baked rumors as facts or sure things. Patience is a virtue. Focus on what we have now, not on what we could have later. :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We could get:

1. Tinkerer

2. Aunt May

3. Liz Allan

4. Ned Leeds

And I have a question about second SPM:H set. Is Shocker with his suit or only with electric hloves?

We don't really need those characters as minifigures, since they are side characters. And no child will be excited to get Liz Allen minifigure, and they are main audience so Spider-Man, Iron Man , Vulture and Shocker will be more than enough. And we also get those robbers too, so that sounds like enough.

1 minute ago, Captain Nemo said:

Everyone please stop listing off the number of sets that we think we'll get. 

Everyone please stop listing off random characters names that we think could be included. 

The last few pages in this thread have been nothing but a blur. All this rumor and speculation talk does nothing but (clearly) confuse people. Until we get some tangible information, such as set numbers or titles, please do not drudge up half-baked rumors as facts or sure things. Patience is a virtue. Focus on what we have now, not on what we could have later. :thumbup:

Remind me again, what's the name of this thread?

Ah yes, "Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Rumors & Discussion." 

Rumors and Discussion. I don't see anything wrong with us discussing over rumors that we all have right now. And when we do get set numbers or titles, you'd just tell us that there's no point in discussing random numbers or generic titles for sets, so those are just lousy examples. Talking about what little we do know and hope for is what makes all of this fun. I don't see why you always have to put a hassle on everything we talk about here. 

I'm not sorry if I'm being out of line here, I'm just speaking my mind on the matter here. 

20 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

Remind me again, what's the name of this thread?

Ah yes, "Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Rumors & Discussion." 

Rumors and Discussion. I don't see anything wrong with us discussing over rumors that we all have right now. And when we do get set numbers or titles, you'd just tell us that there's no point in discussing random numbers or generic titles for sets, so those are just lousy examples. Talking about what little we do know and hope for is what makes all of this fun. I don't see why you always have to put a hassle on everything we talk about here. 

I'm not sorry if I'm being out of line here, I'm just speaking my mind on the matter here. 

First, no problem with opinions. :wink: 

I've repeatedly voiced my dislike of the title of this thread (among others in Licensed) because people take "rumors" and use it as an excuse to talk about anything. False! :thumbdown:  

The problem is when people are just throwing out names and sets without a thought, a day later half a dozen members come in, pages behind, and get the false assumption that all of the previous discussion was stone cold fact. They are then led to believe we will get such sets/figures/characters discussed. I don't like it when people are listing wishes and hopes in these set discussion threads because they cause confusion. In fact there are already a multitude of underutilized threads for which such baseless (yet, yes as you say, admittedly fun discussions) claims can be passed around.  

For the record, I interject in these threads when they are getting off the intended track--that of set discussion. This may not be well-known publicly, but I as staff, get multiple Reports (from the button in the corner of comments) every day from members (just like you) who read this thread (and other Licensed ones) asking if I'll step in to set the forum straight. There is a large silent majority who wish to read and follow these thread(s), and when they open said thread they expect the discussion to be on the sets--not on which movie character possibly could show up in a set that we might be getting sometime in the undisclosed future. 

In that vein, I've changed the title here to better reflect the purpose of this thread. :thumbup:

31 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, The Milano vs. The Abilisk price is 40$ (https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-76081-Conf-Guardians-Galaxy-Faceoff-2/dp/B01J41HQ6G)

IT'S $40????? WHAT LEGO GOD HAS BESTOWED THIS HEAVENLY PRICE UPON US??

Edit: Never mind. Just checked the link and it says £45, which would be around $50 because pound prices are usually lower than dollar prices.

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

16 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Edit: Never mind. Just checked the link and it says £45, which would be around $50 because pound prices are usually lower than dollar prices.

Not exactly. It costs 45£. For example, 76049 or 76059 costs 50£. In $ 76049 or 76059 costs 40$. 76067 costs 40£, in dollar 30$. 45£ is between 40£ (30$) and 50£ (40$). So most likely it will cost 35-40$.

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not exactly. It costs 45£. For example, 76049 or 76059 costs 50£. In $ 76049 or 76059 costs 40$. 76067 costs 40£, in dollar 30$. 45£ is between 40£ (30$) and 50£ (40$). So most likely it will cost 35-40$.

Well, look at the Batman movie sets. The Joker car and Batmobile are $50 and $60, respectively, and £55. The euro and dollar prices are the ones that are basically the same. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Well, look at the Batman movie sets. The Joker car and Batmobile are $50 and $60, respectively, and £55. The euro and dollar prices are the ones that are basically the same. 

So, we will see.

3 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

Originally, it was rumored to be 3 GotG2 sets, 3 Spider-Man Homecoming sets, and 1 Thor Ragnarok set. 

Based off of what I heard it will be 3 GotG2 sets, 2 Spider-Man Homecoming sets, and 2 Thor Ragnarok sets.

Believe me or not, that is up to you. And to be quite frank, I don't even see a reason why they would release another Spider-Man Homecoming set. We already have all the main heroes and villains in the 2 sets we've heard about, they'd have to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for one more set. The fourth Civil War set was not only a retail exclusive that most insiders don't hear about, but was also the first MCU debut of Spider-Man, so security was even tighter on that, explaining why no one had heard of it. Including not wanting to show off the suit until that final trailer reveal. I don't think Spider-Man Homecoming has any aces up its sleeves like that worthy of a third set. Captin Uni explicitly said only two Spider-Man Homecoming sets for the Summer 2017 wave. 

Sorry for writing so much, I just wanted to be as clear as possible. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Glad to know that. Everything is cleared up now.

As long as we get both villains and Both heroes in those 2 spidey sets. That's okay! :)

I really dont get people here... official information appears and people still blank it and pretend we have'nt got confirmation of a certain number of sets.

We know we are getting at least THREE GOTG 2 sets. We have seen these.
We know we are getting at least THREE Spider-man Homecoming sets. We have confirmation of two by descriptions and the confirmation of the third by Brickset.
We know we are getting at least TWO Thor Ragnarok sets. We have confirmation of two by descriptions.

Can everyone please stop ignoring the factual evidence of the third Spider-man Homecoming set please, its madenning.

Edited by Scarilian

Factual evidence. 

Baghdad Bob, everyone!

Brickset is only as good as the people entering the data. They've been proven wrong plenty.

1 minute ago, KevinMD said:

Brickset is only as good as the people entering the data.

So rather than just saying 'Brickset can be wrong' - put some effort into it and contact Brickset yourself if you feel the database is innacurate this time.

They have multiple methods of contacting them if you or anyone else feels this is innacurate bring it up with them and lets have it confirmed instead of just constantly dismissing it.

Everyone seems happy to bash the idea of a third set because we only got descriptions for two, yet this is precisely what happened with the Civil War sets and we still got the additional set. There are a lot of reasons why Delta Custom's might not have information on the third set and everyone seems to have latched onto the idea that 'the sets described are the only one's that will happen'.

25 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

So rather than just saying 'Brickset can be wrong' - put some effort into it and contact Brickset yourself if you feel the database is innacurate this time.

They have multiple methods of contacting them if you or anyone else feels this is innacurate bring it up with them and lets have it confirmed instead of just constantly dismissing it.

Everyone seems happy to bash the idea of a third set because we only got descriptions for two, yet this is precisely what happened with the Civil War sets and we still got the additional set. There are a lot of reasons why Delta Custom's might not have information on the third set and everyone seems to have latched onto the idea that 'the sets described are the only one's that will happen'.

It happened with Civil War because Just2Good confirmed the existence of a 4th set before the original 3 even came out. It didn't just appear out of the blue with no warning. And bear in mind that Captain Unicorn has seen the Homecoming sets and there was no 3rd set. Just because Brickset listed it doesn't mean it's 100% true, and seeing as how no trusted sources have confirmed a 3rd Homecoming set I'm not believing it. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It happened with Civil War because Just2Good confirmed the existence of a 4th set before the original 3 even came out. It didn't just appear out of the blue with no warning. And bear in mind that Captain Unicorn has seen the Homecoming sets and there was no 3rd set. Just because Brickset listed it doesn't mean it's 100% true, and seeing as how no trusted sources have confirmed a 3rd Homecoming set I'm not believing it. 

Plus brickset sometimes flip-flops. It listed the UCS Snowspeeder for a long time, then afterwards it removed it, then the set popped back on again.

Getting a lot of comments saying how much Brickset flip flops, but if people feel that is the case then we have a set listing that is unexplained currently listed with the Spider-man Homecoming sets. If you want to know for sure then ask, but this is getting us all nowhere.

4 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Once again, the query becomes whether Captain Unicorn would have been privy enough to see a third set that could potentially be in production and/or be spoiler filled.

I'm unsure how they would have seen the sets, but i doubt Lego would reveal a set that could spoil a twist in the movie.

Regardless, rather than just state over and over that you dont believe it... take action and actually contact Brickset - they likely have a source and if this is simply mislabelled then it would be interesting to see where that set actually belongs.

Edited by Scarilian

Well will you look at that... For some reason Brickset has edited their set lists TODAY and now Spider-Man: Homecoming only has 2 sets and Thor: Ragnarok has 2 as well, eh? Does that satisfy you @Scarilian? It's nice to see which site is the tail and which is the top dog, hey @Delta Customs? :p

17 minutes ago, d-delay said:

Well will you look at that... For some reason Brickset has edited their set lists TODAY and now Spider-Man: Homecoming only has 2 sets and Thor: Ragnarok has 2 as well, eh? Does that satisfy you @Scarilian?

I do admit that it appears Brickset were innacurate or are unreliable in this scenario. It is still possible according to users here for this to flip-flop given the numbering, it seems odd to have the other Thor Ragnarok set appear to have a number that is four away from the recent category changed set.

It still seems strange to me that the two Thor Ragnarok sets would both be in the higher tier cost range (EU: 54.99€ and EU: 69.99€) - it practically excludes the main price range that the target audience opperate at. Normally we get three tier price ranges so having the two most expensive movie-based Marvel sets both be for Thor Ragnarok is a perplexing choice.

A majority of what Brickset has is accurate and it seems only rare cases that we get innacuracies such as this. It does not change the actions of users who took to dismissing it and acting rudely without bothering to try to contact Brickset, despite the three sets being listed on the site for weeks/months.

17 minutes ago, d-delay said:

It's nice to see which site is the tail and which is the top dog, hey @Delta Customs? :p

Nothing that Delta reported on confirmed or denied the existence of a third set, he only confirmed the existence of two for Spider-man; Homecoming and two for Thor; Ragnarok. Confirming a minimum of two doesnt automatically dismiss the existence of three.

The act of Brickset moving it can also not be viewed as confirmation given it has now proven Brickset as an unreliable source.

Edited by Scarilian

So other than GOTG are there any more marvel sets this year?  The Spiderman sets last year are on rollback prices at walmart 

1 minute ago, eldiano said:

So other than GOTG are there any more marvel sets this year?  The Spiderman sets last year are on rollback prices at walmart 

From the movie-verse, at the moment we have two Spider-man Homecoming sets and two Thor Ragnarok sets based off the descriptions of Delta_Customs.

Ah @Scarilian... :)

Two hours ago we were being taken to task for not accepting the stone cold facts presented by Brickset on the existence of a third Spider-Man Homecoming set, despite the fact that we had all worked out a while ago that @Delta Customs was a more reliable source.

Now the unreliability of Brickset is presented as a reason to still believe in the possibility of a third set, given they are flip floppers.

It seems we will believe what we want to believe, does it not?

I sincerely hope you are right, in spite of the facts that I see. More Lego is always good - so keep dreaming :)

32 minutes ago, d-delay said:

1 - I asked clearly if the brickset list with descriptions was correct, and i get effectively called a liar for stating what was on the list at the time.
2 - Everyone decided to not explain why they felt we were only getting two sets, leading me to believe everyone was just speculating based solely on the two descriptions we recieved
3 - Someone asks for clarity from Delta as to why he believes there are only two and he explains he 'heard' that we were only getting two sets for Homecoming.

As such what is someone who has never encountered Delta before going to believe?

A website devoted to Lego that occasionally released official information before other sources and has a massive database that includes the set numbers and pricing for sets OR a few descriptions from a source that claims to have 'heard' there were only two sets.

I thought the website would be accurate because of the more likely release of official information compared to a leaker i am not personally familiar with. The leaker now seems like a more trustworthy source but the reply is still vague so its difficult to really put faith into, i'm sure others who have been more active know the leaker better, but i do not as my first comment here recently was to clarify what sets we are getting and it spiralled into this mess. The only 'facts' that exist come from a source that cannot verify anything other than 'heard it' - may be 100% accurate, but you can hopefully see my reasoning.

Edited by Scarilian

Well, no one likes to be proven wrong, eh.

To move back to something more on-topic - do we have a release date for the GotG2 sets? Given the release of HD pictures and their listing on some websites in the past few days, it seems like they'd be released soon.

Yup! Now atleast we know that were getting 2 spidey and 2 thor sets.

7 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

Well, no one likes to be proven wrong, eh.

To move back to something more on-topic - do we have a release date for the GotG2 sets? Given the release of HD pictures and their listing on some websites in the past few days, it seems like they'd be released soon.

I don't know if there's a date yet. But they said it'll be release in March together with those 3 marvel sets. (detroit steel,hulk red hulk, captain america jet)

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I don't know if there's a date yet. But they said it'll be release in March together with those 3 marvel sets. (detroit steel,hulk red hulk, captain america jet

All three of these listed are already out in certain locations, the UK for example already has these. Though March does seem like a good guess for when the GOTG 2 sets will appear.

Edited by Scarilian

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yup! Now atleast we know that were getting 2 spidey and 2 thor sets.

I don't know if there's a date yet. But they said it'll be release in March together with those 3 marvel sets. (detroit steel,hulk red hulk, captain america jet)

Probably like in previous years sets will start showing up in stores mid to late February, and then on march 1 Lego stores will start selling sets themselves.