ACPin

[MOC] Indiana Jones Tank

After all these years when it was done back in February 2008, found it stored in a box with other older MOCs/sets. It was displayed for several months at the Bridgewater store during the time that the Indiana Jones sets were available.

Several years later, brought it with the Theed Hangar to a couple of shows and some kids actually remembered it being on display at the store. Here are more recent/decent pics of it.

AC

27825687806_345e1b489b_c.jpg

27825688166_3159fc3147_c.jpg

27825688366_870ca968ab_c.jpg

27758732722_a8364bc44f_c.jpg

27658449541_5c5b75cf08_c.jpg

27758732342_40ba4efc99_c.jpg

This is a great moc of the tank. super job.

Wow! This is one of the best builds of the Tank I've ever seen!

Does it include any sort of interior?

Thanks for your comments but was concerned more on the structure stability so no interior done/planned on this.

AC

Looks excellent, always great to see some Indiana Jones MOC's.

I love the way you've designed it, very faithful to the movie :thumbup:

Looks great! I second the query about the interior.

He already answered. He said it's all structural. It's still awesome, however.

Looks excellent, always great to see some Indiana Jones MOC's.

I love the way you've designed it, very faithful to the movie :thumbup:

Beautiful, the curves of the back are so amazing. I love this MOC, you've really done the scene Justice.

Looks great! I second the query about the interior.

He already answered. He said it's all structural. It's still awesome, however.

Amazing!

Thanks all and the initial design was based from reference pics of the tank from the movie itself. Tried to get the detail and proportions correct but you can only do so much with the bricks. One other thing that I was unsuccessful at was to have the tank treads actually roll/move but that proved to be much more problematic so had to scrap it.

AC

Whoa, that's awesome! Where'd you find all those beige bricks? I'm trying to moc some little builds of Plastic Man as different things and red, yellow and black bricks aren't hard to find, but man, I can't find beige ones anywhere.

Whoa, that's awesome! Where'd you find all those beige bricks? I'm trying to moc some little builds of Plastic Man as different things and red, yellow and black bricks aren't hard to find, but man, I can't find beige ones anywhere.

Thanks and most of those were from different sets I had at that time. It's a lot easier to find them now with Bricklink.

AC

Ok, thanks. I've tried to use Bricklink before and I just don't get it. Guess I'll give it another go.

You'll probably regret it when you do get it! :grin:

AC

This is brilliant !,easily better than the Polish Kobi "knock-off" WW II tank series...I love it!

Great design, the sloping is really neat and all the detail on the outside just make this stand out! :thumbup:

I do feel it is a bit too wide when I look at pictures of the real thing, or is that just me?

IJ_Tank_14.jpg

I do feel it is a bit too wide when I look at pictures of the real thing, or is that just me?

Don't mean to be rude or anything, but I kinda agree. I think it would look better with 4 less studs in the middle, IMHO. Still, a wonderful build, and worthy of any military or Indiana Jones Display.