Hello.

If I have a Lego compressor and an LPE which are the exact same design, could one of them drive the other one?

Is this possible?

Uhm no, that would be perpetual motion a.k.a. >100% efficiency, also impossible here on Earth. Unless you want to deal with superfluids, then that's a different story.

Uhm no, that would be perpetual motion a.k.a. >100% efficiency, also impossible here on Earth. Unless you want to deal with superfluids, then that's a different story.

I think he didnt mean that...

He wants to know can we rotate an LPE crankshaft to have air coming from the main input or not...

Why don't you build it and try it out? Theoretically, you're basically pushing or sucking air from one device to another. Like connecting two pneumatic cylinders together with in to out and out to in. It may work better with a noncompressible fluid like oil.

Why don't you build it and try it out? Theoretically, you're basically pushing or sucking air from one device to another. Like connecting two pneumatic cylinders together with in to out and out to in. It may work better with a noncompressible fluid like oil.

du u mean to use oil or water as a medium?

I don't think you are ever going to be able make a lego compressor which will run an LPE at any speed. You would need dozens of cylinders, maybe a hundred, with many motors and battery boxes. Even a small Porter Cable 1gallon shop compressor can't keep up.

I don't think you are ever going to be able make a lego compressor which will run an LPE at any speed. You would need dozens of cylinders, maybe a hundred, with many motors and battery boxes. Even a small Porter Cable 1gallon shop compressor can't keep up.

Seconded, but I'll add a couple of things. You might be able to make a manual compressor that can run a small engine slowly, but for any speed, you'll either need a large compressor that can run air tools, or some kind of accumulator, like a bunch of 1 or 2 liter soda bottles.Maybe you should ask Nicjanso what kind of compressor he uses to run his engines.

You could try to minimize friction by modifying the cylinders and making it switch less. That way it might be more efficient.