Zuloon

Why are people looking forward to LU?

...So yeh, it looks good, but I would hate it for the kids and some adults to get sucked into another second life game. WoW is bad enough! :angry:

You're assuming that not only will the person be playing both but also that the parent will pay for both. Assuming the additional $10 a month is a huge amount for the parent they will most likely have the kid choose which one they want. It teaches the kid a lesson about priorities. I also have no issue with kids and video games, it would be hypocritical for me to be against that. and think that a game that emphasizes creating things is better than a pointless FPS game. Not that I don't love shoot em ups.

I abhor Bionicle, but I have no issues with someone enjoying that mess.

PS. Anyone who has paid the Star Wars tax for sets doesn't get to complain about the relative value of anything including LU.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Personally, it would be good. Unfortunatly, I'll never be able to affored this, and the stupid help center would help me with the dumb problem I have with even getting in the game. I got the beta key, but the stupid patcher won't load.

I was looking forward to this being publicly released a few months ago (I alpha and beta tested it, so I was really excited about it being released with more people playing) but the prices are WAAAY too high... I won't bother getting the game unless LEGO lowers the price, by at least a few dollars per month.

I just like playing the games because it's endlessly fun watching minifig walk and move - I find the xbox lego games a little difficult so I'm hoping there will be a little more free roam with this game.

Oh no, not a LEGO World of Warcraft! :sad:

I was saying the same thing, honestly who would pay $10 a month to play this game when you could buy tubs of Lego for $10, but you would be able to socialize with others, and have an endless sum of Bricks. Oh well, i'm not the consumer buying this game, I'm sticking to real life 4D Lego :)

was crazy for this game, but then found out it is a pay to play... why not just jack the buy the box price up and make it free play.... Diablo2 and diablo1 both cost nothing to play!

For that point, count me out... thats 120 clams I could spend on legos in real life a year that I would loos! :thumbdown:

You know the old saying–”you don’t have to run faster than the Lyin’ African, you just have to run faster than your buddy.” If you see two or more “locals” heading towards you, it’s safe to assume you’re about to be robbed–OR WORSE. Kick the guy next to you in the side of his knee. His screams of pain should distract your assailants long enough for you to waddle to safety.

Wow...I almost forgot what I was going to post after reading justinkemp's garbage.

I was looking forward to this game because I've only purchased around 4 sets since coming out of my dark age and building in game would give me access to more brick options and perhaps expose me to bricks I haven't used before. Since playing LEGO Universe, my initial reasons for playing have been satisfied, with the additional benefit of restoring my interest in LEGO in general and not just the Castle-Fantasy theme. :wacko:

I've only been playing for a couple of weeks yet I've already gone out to buy a set from World Racers and plan on receiving some Pirates and Space themed sets for Christmas!

LEGO UNIVERSE it changes lives!

I hope people spend all their money on this and become addicted to it. then I shall sweep bricklink for the juiciest pieces while they're distracted. :devil:

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller