VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

Like I've said many times before. LEGO, please release an art book for the BIONICLE reboot!

Edited by Bigger Fish

Well. I went to the Lego Store. I was going to get Lewa and Uxar, but the Bionicle selection was minimal and was only able to nab Uxar.

PoS was on sale for five bucks, so I got two of him for parts. In addition, 2016 Pohatu and Ketar were both $2 off.

So this lack of stock and sets already on sale... Ohmygoshbioniclemustnotbedoingwellitsprobablygoingtoendafteronewavein2017andtheendofconstractioningeneralwillsoonbeuponussaveforliscencedthemeslikestarwarsakjhfkdjhslkvnflkm.

So this lack of stock and sets already on sale... Ohmygoshbioniclemustnotbedoingwellitsprobablygoingtoendafteronewavein2017andtheendofconstractioningeneralwillsoonbeuponussaveforliscencedthemeslikestarwarsakjhfkdjhslkvnflkm.

I don't recall Hero Factory having such a situation in 2011, though.

Well. I went to the Lego Store. I was going to get Lewa and Uxar, but the Bionicle selection was minimal and was only able to nab Uxar.

PoS was on sale for five bucks, so I got two of him for parts. In addition, 2016 Pohatu and Ketar were both $2 off.

The lack of stoking is entirely reasonable because some stores suffered from getting too much of the 2015 sets.

I've notice that Scandinavia and Finland are all lacking Ketar and Uxar, I think it has to do with the fact how much I saw leftover Lewa's and Pohatu's last year.

Doing good or not I think it's entirely reasonable to think the next Winter wave will be smaller.

I like to go by the idea that we'll get a new toa team, but it's only 4.

At the very least I would like to see Takanuva in 2017. I know it might not happen, but really if Bionicle is going to go out, it might as well go out with something good. Though Bionicle 2015 sets seemed to be too plentiful so seeing stores not really stoking 2016 sets as much is not to much of a surprise. It is unfortunate because Bionicle is a theme that could succeed, but it seems as though Lego is putting minimal effort to make it do so.

In 2017 I hope to see the origins of the Toa and with that Takanuva, Makuta and the mask of ultimate power. I don't really care what the small sets would be at that point.

Quick question, shouldn't Storm Beast be called Blizzard Beast? Seeing as he's an ice elemental and that name fits much better with the ice theme?

Quick question, shouldn't Storm Beast be called Blizzard Beast? Seeing as he's an ice elemental and that name fits much better with the ice theme?

I think they originally planned to make a water themed beast but the big corporate guys came in and said they have to make Kopaka sell more

Or it was originally much whiter but it was decided they want to give dark blue more recolors instead of using the existing white shell from Star Wars constraction to give the set more appeal. Given that we have white shells in almost every size already this sounds the most possible.

Truth to be told, while this is a terrible edit it does look worse with white color

278f52ef2bde3b24cb4ddc1d16aae043.png

Edited by GK733

They uploaded that speedpaint as a "Wallpaper" in case anybody was interested.

(hard to tell where this belongs, but people discussed it here =P. I miss unified topics.)

At the very least I would like to see Takanuva in 2017. I know it might not happen, but really if Bionicle is going to go out, it might as well go out with something good. Though Bionicle 2015 sets seemed to be too plentiful so seeing stores not really stoking 2016 sets as much is not to much of a surprise. It is unfortunate because Bionicle is a theme that could succeed, but it seems as though Lego is putting minimal effort to make it do so.

I have my doubts we'll see a Takanuva. Considering the upcoming Toa-sized Ekimu, it seems like he's taking the position of "7th Toa." Even if it's just for a bit.

I have my doubts we'll see a Takanuva. Considering the upcoming Toa-sized Ekimu, it seems like he's taking the position of "7th Toa." Even if it's just for a bit.

I know I just never really saw Ekimu as being a warrior like a Toa, always saw him as a turaga.

I think they originally planned to make a water themed beast but the big corporate guys came in and said they have to make Kopaka sell more

Or it was originally much whiter but it was decided they want to give dark blue more recolors instead of using the existing white shell from Star Wars constraction to give the set more appeal. Given that we have white shells in almost every size already this sounds the most possible.

Truth to be told, while this is a terrible edit it does look worse with white color

278f52ef2bde3b24cb4ddc1d16aae043.png

Makes sense, also, white storm beast doesn't look half bad.

I guess this kinda belongs in the set discussion... So there was an article posted recently coercing the state of Bionicle and comparing 2015 to 2016... While I definitely don't agree with a lot of the points made, it's certainly an interesting look... What do you all think?

I like how he points out the beard on that moc as if it's the only Bionicle part on there :v

I guess this kinda belongs in the set discussion... So there was an article posted recently coercing the state of Bionicle and comparing 2015 to 2016... While I definitely don't agree with a lot of the points made, it's certainly an interesting look... What do you all think?

Doesn't really tell anything new like I would had expected.

"Also, because the pieces were quite detailed they were prone to breaking"

I've got many, many broken pieces and I can easily say that this was not because of the details, but the connection being faulty/worn out.

Lego just posted this neat little thing on their Facebook.

Great rendering. So many shades, polygons and textures (i mean hight quality of textures, of course). I like this.

I really wish the set designs weren't so bad or I'd be way more invested in this year and stuff like that render would be way cooler.

I'm actually surprised at how much that has turned me off of the line right now.

Edited by CabooseBM

Just picked up Umarak the Hunter. In the past week I've also picked up 2015 Lewa, Pohatu, Onua and Protector of Water. These sets are the first additions to my Bionicle hoard since 2008, and have brought me out of a Bionicle Dark Age. They're just too much fun! :blush::sweet:

Umarak's dope- it seems like the designer was going for something similar to the old-school piston Achilles, but it doesn't hold a candle to the old version. Still awesome, though!

Edited by Junior Shark