My take on what I might ride hence I would survive the apocalypse.. =)

Most of the time I try to create builds that are somewhat stylistically pure in its asthetics.

I'm very fussy about the correct colors for all the parts as I dont want the wrong areas fo the bike(usually) to stand out and attract attention from the details I want to highlight.

You may have noticed that I took another route this time...=)

To be able to make the bike look a bit ragged I've put alot of effort to find parts in; old grey, dark grey and brown and mixing them up with the newer colors.

Sand green happens to be one of my favourite colors and I think it goes well with the rest!

When I saw the shoulder piece from the new Star Wars figures I immediately new that I would like to us it as a housing for the headlamp. Finding the right technique to get it in place wasn't easy though...

The engine is a parallell-twin with turbo and intercooler. Somekind of injectible gas/liquid (what might it be in the post-apocalyptic world?) container is also added for increased performance when needed!

(I noticed when editing the pictures that the relief valve is a bit twisted though - bummer!)

An extra petrol tank could also come in handy - dont you think?

In the lst pictures I've added some other bits and bobs for surviving in the wasteland..

See you on the other side...;)

DSC_3394.jpg

DSC_3397.jpg

DSC_3423.jpg

DSC_3415.jpg

You can find all of the images on my Flickr:

https://www.flickr.c.../107288644@N07/

Edited by Jonsson

This looks very cool! The Tumbler wheel is perfect for a wastelands chopper, and there's also a little bit of Mad Max, a little bit of Fallout, and some Star Wars, too :classic: Actually, the color scheme feels very Boba Fett-ish (I wonder if that's a thing). Have you tried fitting a SW Buildable Figure (e.g. Rey) on the bike? Or are the figures too small/big for the scale?

Anyway, I really like it as well as your other motorcycle MOCs, will be looking out for whatever's going to be your next one!

What a beaut :wub: So well detailed and it captures the rugged, capable apocalyptic feel perfectly :thumbup:

That headlight shield is exquisite, and the combination of colors works well :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Incredible work here! *huh* The colors work together wonderfully, and I really like the engine detailing :thumbup:

Hi!

Thanks so much for your kind comments! Its interesting to read about you relating the build to Mad MAX and Fallout. These Worlds have been my main soure of insprations!

I agree that there is also quite some resemblence with Boba Fett this is mosty a coinsidence though. Or it might just be my sub-counsious. =)

I have had excactly the same thought regarding the Star Wars figures - especially Rey!

Happy to hear that my other mocs are of interest!

Also happy to hear that you guys like the overall color combination, and the details!

Edited by Jonsson

Neatly build ratbike, I really like the looks of it! :thumbup:

I do think the paint on the gastank looks a bit too new, it could do with a few rust pits.

This is what I wanted when I saw the motorcycle in the fo4 trailer... Maybe a Modder will do it one day (not like it would work Bethesda said no Intel will run the game in the 1.3 update.... Waste of money, and they want me to buy dlcs :angry: )

/rant

Anyway awesome. And as stated does look boba fettish (I have a boa fettish... buh dum tiss)

Edited by pittpenguin123

One of the best Lego bikes I ever had the pleasure to look at. As others said the tumbler wheel is PERFECT for such a model. The small details like wires, chains, netting and even the helmet used as the rear light cover really make this bike stand out. I can imagine this vehicle used in a future Mad Max movie since you caugh the dystopian spirit perfectly.

Thank you so much for your very kind words guys!

Zblj -I'm very happy for your thoughts regading capturing the essence/spirit of the wethered vast surroundings we like to call, - the wasteland!