murphy_slaw

Cheapest way to assemble a collection of minfigures?

My Lego collection is assembled from a bunch of my old sets from when I was a kid, some Classic creative boxes, and some mixed used lots that I bought locally. These all have one thing in common: very few minifigures!

I build mostly Space, Town, and Fantasy/Castle MOCs. Is there any inexpensive way to assemble a bunch of minis for populating MOC layouts if I'm not too picky about getting specific figures?

You could buy in bulk from Ebay or Bricklink (I would recommend that for space, since it's off the shelves right now), or you could buy a city "starter set", which contains four figs for $10.

I guess the "Cheapest Way" would be to steal them from someone.

The "Cheapest Legal Way", which is recommended, is something like what Mister BrickJagger said. Buy in bulk.

Check your local classified adds for bulk lots of lego, often you will find a lot of minifigs or minifig parts in the lot, my last lot (posted on here) cost €40 and had 30 or 40 minifigs in it.

You could buy in bulk from Ebay or Bricklink (I would recommend that for space, since it's off the shelves right now), or you could buy a city "starter set", which contains four figs for $10.

I'm pretty new to bricklink. Is there a way to find "bulk lots", or by "bulk" do you just mean ordering lots of figs from the same shop to save on shipping?

I'm pretty new to bricklink. Is there a way to find "bulk lots", or by "bulk" do you just mean ordering lots of figs from the same shop to save on shipping?

Both, really.

I don't use Bricklink too often but I'm sure you could find a bulk lot if you searched for it.

I guess the "Cheapest Way" would be to steal them from someone.

You're not the best at giving advice, right?

Edited by Robert8

You're not the best at giving advice, right?

Well notice I did say that the "Cheapest Legal Way" was the recommended one.

I can't recommend anyone steal stuff; That's not nice! But it is cheapest. Not nice, but pretty dang cheap.

But no, I'm really not.

Ebay is great for picking out lots of figures. It is pricey to get popular figures, but a lot of people simply selling off their kids/their childhood collection simply list a number of mixed figures. Most of them are not the "official" figures that came in a set, but the parts are easy to mix'n'match.

There are also the educational packs of minifigs. Can be precey but per minifig the price seems wort it.