Sign in to follow this  
Kwatchi

[SR - MCRA] Mar '16 - The True Tale of the Sacking of Tarlo

March 2016 MCRA

As reported in the Kings Port Adviser:

Sea Rat Raid on Bardo suffers no Casualties! The small Sea Rat raid (we assume to avenge their fallen ships) met no resistance – after they changed destinations. The two crews who set off to attack one of the most profitable ports in the Sea of Storms stopped at this island during the crossing. While in a tavern, one of the pirates let slip where they were heading. One of the downtrodden also partaking in libations called the man out for being so stupid. He was shot on the spot, drug out in the street, and his fingers were cut off one by one. Finally, another patron stopped the Sea Rats from finishing off the man, by telling them that what the victim meant was that Bardo was defended by two, very large fortresses, and that they would need thousands of men to take the settlement. The Sea rats apologized, bought the man a beer, which probably poured out of the hole in his gut, and went to tell their captain. Luckily for them, their captain had already bought a tip in another tavern. The small settlement of Tarlo on this island, was currently undefended! Our Governor, Miro Oldis was asleep on this matter! The next day, in broad daylight, two Sea Rat vessels landed at Tarlo and liberated its wealth. It is said they did pretty well for a settlement that had so little commerce. Still, how many people have to die on this island before Oldis properly defends it?

But what really happened?

(see Gulagurag's version here)

====

"I tell you Captain, this is Bardo!"

"Mr. Montriche, do you know what that young pup over yonder said to me before he passed on? He asked why the blazes we'd attack the town as small as Tarlo. I was of course incensed at his temerity and slander, and sent him to make his apologies to Hades for his lies. But then I looked up, and what do my eyes behold? A sign. A sign stating in letters clear as an ocean breeze: 'Tarlo Town Hall'. And I'll prove me point to you right now. Hand me that map."

eeee79j.jpg

"..."

"Mr. Montriche, when I took you on as navigator, you told me that you had been gifted with a classical education and such by your family. Math, Music, Arts, Literature. Youe had tasted them all you said, though freely admitted having chased skirts 'round the local pub more than keeping your nose in a book. So I have a question for you now."

YgzKd7J.jpg

"During all that learnin', did they not teach you how to hold a map the right side up?"

5m2Wcdx.jpg

"Youth is wasted on the young..."

"Ms. Maicy! Round up the crew and get them back to the ship, and inform Captain Amara we're leaving at once for Charlatan Bay. And then find me a suitable 'guest' for the little celebration we'll be having upon our return home if you please. No sense in being antisocial."

7Y0g60g.jpg

Edited by Kwatchi

Drunken pirates raiding the wrong settlement? I love it! pirate_laugh2.gif

It is a bold move to raid an Eslandian settlement, though - and I wonder if not a bounty will be put on your heads! Or perhaps you will be put to justice at the hands of the Sea Rat council? Drama! pirate_oh.gif

Those buildings with the rising smoke and the tipped over doors are great, and Captain Meloche has a very swift way to deal with errors! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Haha, batten down the hatches, who's next on the hitlist??? Great scenes, cool storyline and you've captured the Eslandola settlement feel really well. My only nitpick, are those 4 studs visable behind the smoke, through the door, that wall could have gone a little higher to avoid seeing them at that angle, but its only one thing, cause everything else looks great :-)

Nice build! I really like that round in the Road, and overall cool techniques

Great story and MRCA built. Politics aside I like how you guys are actually being dastardly pirates - to me it really adds to the overall story - well done and keep it up!