25202171046_79da82ce27_b.jpgLego Mad Max Fury Road ELVIS (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

Following the making of the Peacemaker from the movie Mad Max Fury Road, I wanted to build ELVIS, a 32' Ford with 2 V6 GMC engines. This model is powered by 2 L motors and utilizes a Servo motor for steering. It is powered by a Lego rechargeable battery. This model was somewhat difficult for me to build, it features a 2 V6 engines, or a V12, 4 bar suspension on the front and rear axles. The most difficult part is that I have a very limited supply of red brown bricks(>500) most of these parts came from the Star Wars MTT set released a few years ago. So this limited me to what shape and structure I could do with the pieces at hand. I attempted to replicate the rust/chipping paint of the vehicle seen in the movie, by altering the colors of the roof, as that is visible from a couple screenshots of the movie.

Another challenge was the dropped axle in the front, It was difficult to mount suspension and steering in a compact space, without raising the height of the front too much.

Thanks to Sariel for providing Background images for this model, from the game. More like those will be coming soon (during next week).

The real vehicle

24239064464_e2482e7978_b.jpgMad Max Fury Road Elvis schematic by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

24597781844_3e8d63efaa_b.jpgLego Mad Max Fury Road ELVIS (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

25228451035_ff620de5b6_b.jpgLego Mad Max Fury Road ELVIS (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

25110205902_90dc7162be_b.jpgLego Mad Max Fury Road ELVIS (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

25110207802_43e212e2ef_b.jpgLego Mad Max Fury Road ELVIS (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

25202179166_6ea5b8febb_b.jpgLego Mad Max Fury Road ELVIS (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

25202181856_1a9a305fda_b.jpgLego Mad Max Fury Road ELVIS (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

24932859750_02d2a63920_b.jpgLego Mad Max Fury Road ELVIS (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

25228438685_77740be51d_b.jpgLego Mad Max Fury Road ELVIS (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

25202187786_aef07426dc_b.jpgLego Mad Max Fury Road ELVIS (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

Very very nice! :thumbup: You captured the looks of the original very well and I'm impressed that you managed to fit the motors and battery box inside. It would've been nice if the received had been a bit more hidden, but I guess you can't have it all... I really like how you did the front axle, with the links instead of a rack&pinion.

Did I see correctly you're using headlight bricks on the drive shaft of the engines? I'm surprised they don't get stuck (or do they and then they just slide a bit?).

If i may be honest,. I think (the side of the body) is a bit bland,. Specially because you usually set the bar quite high when it comes to details,.. nonetheless its pretty cool! (Maybe its because you have limited brown parts?)

Edited by Sylvian

Did I see correctly you're using headlight bricks on the drive shaft of the engines? I'm surprised they don't get stuck (or do they and then they just slide a bit?).

yes, they sometimes get stuck, but that has happened twice since building the model.

very nice model, I like how good it looks compared to the original. On a side not why was it tilted?

If i may be honest,. I think (the side of the body) is a bit bland,. Specially because you usually set the bar quite high when it comes to details,.. nonetheless its pretty cool! (Maybe its because you have limited brown parts?)

yeah, the body isn't too impressive, I wanted to have functioning doors and improve the window pillars. I do like the SNOT work on the front cowl/firewall.I am pleased with how the chassis turned out though. Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

I like that part also, aswell as the radiator/fanhousing. And yeah chassis turned out great :)

A Couple more edited photos, I also watched the movie again, and got some more inspiration to build a couple more vehicles in the near future.

25243217642_7b1fe1d94c_b.jpgLego Mad Max Fury Road ELVIS (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

24993841229_9626102ea4_b.jpgLego Mad Max Fury Road ELVIS (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

Here's a couple ideas.

Blog%2Bmodel%2Btemplate%2Blimo.png

Blog%2Bmodel%2Btemplaterzrcola.png

Blog%2Bmodel%2Btemplatenux.png

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky