Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Probably @BrickJagger - could not find those set numbers from the list so they could be exclusives 

@just2good here's your picture of Knighton Castle from the show-- 

Kingdom_of_Knighton_2.jpg

To me, what's more interesting for is how LEGO has been dropping hints right under our noses that Knighton Castle is coming. Just look how prominent the Knighton Castle is at the top right corner of this Fortrex image.

lego_70317_web_pri_1488.jpg

On September 19, 2015 at 1:02 PM, BrickJagger said:

The Castle behind the Robo Horse looks like a real Castle to me.... :wink:

Edited by BrickJagger
Prophetic!

I almost overlooked the Knighton Castle as surprised as I was seeing how big Aaron's next vehicle must be with that price point. Really can't wait to see what the castle will look like though. Macy's bot drop dragon sounds like it will be pretty cool its self though. Wasn't to keen on the idea of a dragon vehicle admittedly but making it sound like it could be some sort of squire bot drop ship makes it sound pretty cool.

On 3.1.2017 at 2:46 PM, NetherCreeper said:

I just got Axl's battle suit, and it has the same attachment for the shield as the others do. There is no difference.

Yeah I can second that. Axl's battle suit holds the shield in the same fashion as the others.

legozebra, it might be possible that your set was missing the piece.

On that note, I recently bought Clay and Axl, and I like these suits a lot. While I hoped that the shoulder joints wouldn't be part of the mech torso, but separate bits instead, I still like the design of it, and the other parts they come with are also pretty neat.

But I still hope that we not only will get another wave of battle suits in the summer, but also that these will use the new hand mold which was introduced with Mr. Freezer's mech. Is there any information if we'll get mech suits in the summer wave yet?

Edited by ZORK64

With a price of 70+ could it be that Aaron's Rock Climber contains a rocky location to climb? 

Othervise it sounds like a very big vehicle for a nimble character like Aaron.

Regarding the three missing set numbers, 70358 is Aaron's Stone Destroyer and 70359 is Lance vs. Lightning. That leaves 70360 as a likely summer exclusive set. 

Relooking at the numbers again I am wondering if Macy's vehicle will be an exclusive which would make this wave a very small, albeit expensive release. Currently 70358 and 70359 are both exclusives (Lance and Aaron sets) with 70360 not having any information as of yet but could also conceivably be an exclusive set as well. That would make Macy's set (70361) an exclusive if the numbering follows 2016 conventions.

Wow, that´s a cool list! My wallet (and wife) won't like those prices, but it promises to be great sets, at those prices!

5 hours ago, ZORK64 said:

But I still hope that we not only will get another wave of battle suits in the summer, but also that these will use the new hand mold which was introduced with Mr. Freezer's mech. Is there any information if we'll get mech suits in the summer wave yet?

I don't really see it happening, it looks like those sets are meant to last all year.

Edited by NotMegalodon

That castle will be like the lion chi temple from the chima line. That was the best set of the line, and I'm sure this castle will be no different. Heligoyle? That is quite the name. It sounds like a good wave.

Prices in Euros (According to Brickset):

70353 - The Heligoyle (€ 34.99)

70354 - Axl's Rumble Maker (€ 44.99)

70355 - Aaron's Rock Climber (€ 64.99)

70356 - The Stone Colossus of Ultimate Destruction (€ 74.99)

70357 - Knighton Castle (€ 139.99)

70361 - Macy's Bot Drop Dragon (€ 17.99)

70373 - Nexo Powers Wave 2 (€ 2.99)

Well, probably German Euro's. In The Netherlands, the Nexo Powers Wave 1 is 3.99. Macy Bot Drop Dragon will be 19.99 i'm sure. But luckily there's Amazon.de for us :D

6 hours ago, ZORK64 said:

Yeah I can second that. Axl's battle suit holds the shield in the same fashion as the others.

legozebra, it might be possible that your set was missing the piece.

On that note, I recently bought Clay and Axl, and I like these suits a lot. While I hoped that the shoulder joints wouldn't be part of the mech torso, but separate bits instead, I still like the design of it, and the other parts they come with are also pretty neat.

Huh, guess it was missing on mine then... I'll grab another from my collection (or probably get a missing piece request from Lego)

Anyway, I'm really pumped for the summer sets, especially the castle! Here's the best pics I could get of the Bot Drop Dragon:

Bot Drop DragonBot Drop Dragon

16 hours ago, makoy said:

To me, what's more interesting for is how LEGO has been dropping hints right under our noses that Knighton Castle is coming. Just look how prominent the Knighton Castle is at the top right corner of this Fortrex image.

-snip-

Oh yeah - there's that volcano presumably teasing the Volcano Lair, and then there's the castle. Nice!

1 hour ago, NotMegalodon said:

I don't really see it happening, it looks like those sets are meant to last all year.

Aw, that would be a bummer for me. I won't give my hope up on this yet though, considering that the Ultimate Sets were also two waves.

(Though then again, we already have all of the good guys in their mech suits, so it sounds feasible that the summer sets are intended to work with those and the bad guys won't get any suits...)

Macy's Dragon might be interesting for me, the other sets are a bit too pricey for my liking. But first things first, I gotta have to get one of the exclusive winter sets - though I'm still pondering which one I should get...

6 minutes ago, ZORK64 said:

(Though then again, we already have all of the good guys in their mech suits, so it sounds feasible that the summer sets are intended to work with those and the bad guys won't get any suits...)

Macy's Dragon might be interesting for me

Speaking of the Mech Suits and Macy's Dragon, I think the former might be able to carry the latter.

41 minutes ago, Whiteagle said:

Speaking of the Mech Suits and Macy's Dragon, I think the former might be able to carry the latter.

Yes, this was already confirmed in the booklet of the currently released Mech Suits.

1 hour ago, Whiteagle said:

I don't know... while it's possible that could happen, I'd think a feature that's included in the name itself ("Bot Drop Dragon") would be made feasible using only the contents of the set, without needing a separate set. And I doubt they'd include another Battle Suit for Macy in the set, since she's already got one. However, it's possible that such a set could feature a dragon piloted by Macy that drops an included Battle Suit for another character—maybe Robin, or King or Queen Halbert.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I don't know... while it's possible that could happen, I'd think a feature that's included in the name itself ("Bot Drop Dragon") would be made feasible using only the contents of the set, without needing a separate set. And I doubt they'd include another Battle Suit for Macy in the set, since she's already got one. However, it's possible that such a set could feature a dragon piloted by Macy that drops an included Battle Suit for another character—maybe Robin, or King or Queen Halbert.

Well considering the Battle Suits just use a clicky hinge for their combination gimmicks, it wouldn't be too hard for the Bot Dropping section to use a similar connection.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

...the name itself ("Bot Drop Dragon")...

...which sounds odd, and was translated through Google Translate nonetheless.

However, I do not rule out the potential for Macy's vehicle combining with her Battle Suit.

I'm also a bit disappointed that she's getting another $20 set next this year. I'm hoping she'll get the chance for a big set come next year, and hopefully before the theme's end.

2 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

Well considering the Battle Suits just use a clicky hinge for their combination gimmicks, it wouldn't be too hard for the Bot Dropping section to use a similar connection.

I'm not disputing the idea that it combines with Battle Suits. I'm questioning whether, if the dragon acting like a dropship is one of the set's primary gimmicks, it would rely on an entirely different set to show off that function. It would make more sense to me for the dragon to include a different, non-repeated battle suit in order for that function to be usable even if you haven't already purchased a separate Battle Suit set. As a bonus, that'd allow Macy to pilot the dragon itself (after all, it's her vehicle) while another character sits ready for action in the Battle Suit.

Edited by Lyichir

Even though it's translated, doesn't "Bot Drop" imply that Bots are being dropped? I don't see a way for it to carry a Battle Suit.

2 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I'm questioning whether, if the dragon acting like a dropship is one of the set's primary gimmicks, it would rely on an entirely different set to show off that function. It would make more sense to me for the dragon to include a different, non-repeated battle suit in order for that function to be usable even if you haven't already purchased a separate Battle Suit set.

OR, whatever holds the Squire bots just so happens to also use the same style of connection...

I wouldn't be surprised if this wave is small

These will share the shelves with the the Ninjago Movie line

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this wave is small

These will share the shelves with the the Ninjago Movie line

We have the set list.....it's not small. :tongue: