Sign in to follow this  
dr_spock

[SR - CH1B] Banana Republic

Challenge 1 B

24852409712_9a3fcfebe9_c.jpgBanana Republic by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Our pirate Susieh and her crew came upon a small island in Terra Nova. Danger appeared to lurk on the island. Upon landing on the beach, our pirates smelled a sweet intoxicating banana vapour and followed the scent to a group of natives. They seemed friendly enough. Susieh proceeded to negotiate a trade.

banana3.jpg

banana4.jpg

banana5.jpg

banana6.jpg

banana7.jpg

banana8.jpg

Susieh drove a hard bargain with the native islanders. The islanders sought more bananas for their Master Brewer.

Very nice foliage here Dr_spock, I'm rather wondering what deal they struck at the end! pir_laugh2.gif Hopefully it didn't have to do with bananas though as I suspect that monkey is up to no good! pirate_tong.gif My one piece of advice would be to texture the beach a bit to break up the flatness - and to watch out for that alligator! pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

Wait... you mean those native men know the meaning of the word "babe?"

Huh... they must be more advanced than I thought... :grin:

Beautiful little scene. The tree leaf pieces make good bushes/shrubs and the angle of the build is nice for the square base. Maybe the sand is a little plain, but overall it's a good layout. And the croc half submerged in the water is a fine feature. Good work. :classic:

24369947911_0c08325477_t.jpg I've got some banana juice, t...HURK! Ugh....

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg I told you I was going to kick you in the groin. Now stay down and shut up.

24426191796_299bf13634_t.jpg PAIN RECEPTORS!!!

Great foliage!

Thank you. Credit goes to SilentWolf's suggestion of randomizing greenery from CH1A. pirate_classic.gif

Nice build, funny story!

Thank you. Sea Rats is about having fun and not having to pay taxes. We do accept new members. pir_laugh2.gif

Very nice foliage here Dr_spock, I'm rather wondering what deal they struck at the end! pir_laugh2.gif Hopefully it didn't have to do with bananas though as I suspect that monkey is up to no good! pirate_tong.gif My one piece of advice would be to texture the beach a bit to break up the flatness - and to watch out for that alligator! pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

Wait... you mean those native men know the meaning of the word "babe?"

Huh... they must be more advanced than I thought... :grin:

Beautiful little scene. The tree leaf pieces make good bushes/shrubs and the angle of the build is nice for the square base. Maybe the sand is a little plain, but overall it's a good layout. And the croc half submerged in the water is a fine feature. Good work. :classic:

Thank you. I was going for silky smooth beach with the six pack abs look from those vacation paradise TV ads. I'll try some texturing for a future MOC. Those natives sure do speak a strange futuristic language, almost like before their time. pir_laugh2.gif

I've got some banana juice, t...HURK! Ugh....

LOL. :laugh: