novareb

Raid Zeppelin or Jay's Elemental Dragon?

So, i've been planning to get one of the new Ninjago 2016 sets when they come out, and i cannot decide between Raid Zeppelin or Jay's Elemental Dragon. I like both of the ninja minifigures, but it's hard to decide which one to get. I mean, a dragon is pretty cool, but so is a zeppelin... any advice/your opinions?

Thanks, Barc.

Edited by Barc

I would get the one I want most! Personally, this will be a wave I'm going to skip except for the dragon. I also like dragons more, so I wouldn't get the zeppelin first. The dragon offers a great look and good articulation while the zeppelin offers an enemy vehicle, Doubloon, and a cool design but little space on the deck to place figures (which is the only bad thing I can point out). Still, it's up to you.

I would get the one I want most! Personally, this will be a wave I'm going to skip except for the dragon. I also like dragons more, so I wouldn't get the zeppelin first. The dragon offers a great look and good articulation while the zeppelin offers an enemy vehicle, Doubloon, and a cool design but little space on the deck to place figures (which is the only bad thing I can point out). Still, it's up to you.

Hm. Dragon: 2 Zeppelin: 1. Granted, the Raid Zeppelin isn't that cool, but I NEED that Zane.

Edited by Barc

NEED that Zane.

Agreed! Aside from the Zane figure, there's some really nice pieces in there that I want, including a blimp piece, the printed round shurikens, TNT (always good to have more :grin:), and some white swords for Zane!

Edited by gamejutzu

Agreed! Aside from the Zane figure, there's some really nice pieces in there that I want, including a blimp piece, the printed round shurikens, TNT (always good to have more :grin:), and some white swords for Zane!

Did you say "White Swords" Snow Blades! Raid Zeppelin :2 Jay's Dragon :2

OK guys, I have decided to get the Raid Zeppelin. Thank you all for your opinions, and if a admin could lock this topic it would be very helpful.

The Zeppelin! I am going to get it too. Couldn't care less about the dragon set. Too bad the Zeppelin does not have a monkey though.

Too bad the Zeppelin does not have a monkey though.

I does however, have a samurai oni who's alternate face is his head upside down... 10/10 instant buy.

I have both sets and I honestly could not decide which one to suggest you get. They are both great but I think if you're thinking of display then perhaps... Nope I still can't decide, they both display well. Just get both!

Edited by HoganPrime

Lead Zeppelin

Hmm? I don't understand. Are you referencing the rock band? Because that's the only thing i'm getting from "Lead Zappelin"...

Generally, when there's fire coming from your zeppelin, there's nothing to do but go over like a lead zeppelin.

I picked up the Zeppelin, but was a little disappointed with the lack of brass, and well it felt like it should be a little more steampunky. So I got the dragon to add the pearl gold elements (I'm in australia, where the sets have been available a little bit longer)

I'm hoping the image magically appears below...

26185035210_a996b62fe5_z.jpgModified #lego ninjag#ninjago #raidzeppelin extras from random #legoelves and #jayselementaldragon to make it a little more #steampunk #toyphotography by Richard Jones, on Flickr

Zeppelin is the way to go imo since TLG doesnt churn out that many zeppelins compared to dragons. Plus the bricks that compose the balloon are very useful for relative MOCs. I dont like that the "balloon" combo lacks a piece under it (but that can be bought at BL) and that we have a snake like bad guy (i would prefer a human pirate/samurai guy).

I just got the Zeppelin myself and I totally agree with Blackdeathgr. It's a good set with many interesting pieces to use in MOC. The balloon pieces are a great addition and as said before we don't see so much steampunk sets.

So grab the Zeppelin as soon as possible !

26185035210_a996b62fe5_z.jpg

Just call it the Swag Zeppelin now... All it needs is Doubloon with golden sunglasses... XD

To be honest, Clancee is a better fig in my eyes than any other human samurai pirate. It adds variation to here and makes it, "not just any regular pirate squad". Besides, every crew needs a sweeper.

I was dissapointed with the lack of space there is here compared to the thought I had in my head when I read "Raid Zeppelin" off the set lists... I'm thinking of modifying it to have more space.

Anyone wanna share some tips on how to do that? The internal build will be damaged if I do it wrong, and it'll end up looking worse than when it had little space...

Edited by gamejutzu

I admit I have no idea about Ninjago, but when I saw the Zeppelin, I just had to get it. The choice of Minifigs is odd, to say the least. But maybe thats just how Ninjago works :wink: The ship itself is really lovely and offers a ton of nice details. Yes, I would have preferred a more steampunky version of it too. And certainly without that useless targeting computer behind the steering wheel. That is completely unwanted :wink:

I picked up the Zeppelin, but was a little disappointed with the lack of brass, and well it felt like it should be a little more steampunky. So I got the dragon to add the pearl gold elements (I'm in australia, where the sets have been available a little bit longer)

*snip*

Oh yeah. :thumbup: One can never have too much zeppelin.

I think the Elemental dragon it some hard to get minifigures and has some nice detail on it

I think the Elemental dragon it some hard to get minifigures and has some nice detail on it

On 16/04/2016 at 10:59 AM, gasdoc said:

26185035210_a996b62fe5_z.jpgModified #lego ninjag#ninjago #raidzeppelin extras from random #legoelves and #jayselementaldragon to make it a little more #steampunk #toyphotography by Richard Jones, on Flickr

I know I'm doing some severe thread-necromancy here, but with Halloween not long ago... 

Anyway, gasdoc's take on the Raid Zeppelin did quite inspire me when I did my own version of it. You may notice some parallels :wink:

Please meet the airship "Katherine", modified and owned by the dashing adventurer Leyland Brickston:

dsc00668-cropped-and-colour-adjusted.jpg

dsc00674-cropped-and-colour-balanced.jpg

3 hours ago, Darth Wayne said:

Hehe.... nice!! I love the little roof and the flowers there, looks real cozy in there :)

Thank you! Well, good old Brickston likes to travel with style:wink:

I love the way you took this.  I ultimately had this ship fall through a portal and land in Elvendale...