c0rnedfr0g

Post Your Superhero Minifig Collections Here!

1 hour ago, liortenz said:

where i live, we call it blue tack (what you put behind posters) or u can use double sided tape!

would love to see your collection!

I've thought of blue tack, not sure if it will leave an oily mark on the walls here though. Might go with those 3M Command Strips which hold quite a considerable weight and remove without marking (hopefully haha).

My collection is all boxed up currently but slowly resurfacing! There's loads of pics on my Flickr though - feel free to take a look! https://www.flickr.com/photos/139570226@N07/with/29281247152/

I think I've posted most of them in pages further back too.

On November 9, 2016 at 4:06 AM, Captain Britain said:

I've thought of blue tack, not sure if it will leave an oily mark on the walls here though. Might go with those 3M Command Strips which hold quite a considerable weight and remove without marking (hopefully haha).

My collection is all boxed up currently but slowly resurfacing! There's loads of pics on my Flickr though - feel free to take a look! https://www.flickr.com/photos/139570226@N07/with/29281247152/

I think I've posted most of them in pages further back too.

CB,

what are those 4x2 cases you use for your figs? They're nice and compact. 

15 hours ago, KevinMD said:

CB,

what are those 4x2 cases you use for your figs? They're nice and compact. 

Hi KevinMD,

I got them off eBay (although had hassle! seller took an absolute age to post them out..). Are you in the UK? Go on eBay and search for '222308121057' - that'll take you to a listing where somebody is selling 12 of the cases for £9.75 plus £2.85 postage (but accepting offers so you'll get them cheaper than that).

They are lovely and compact, but also quite shallow so anything like a witch hat etc will struggle and probably won't allow it to close up.

Hope that helps...

Thanks CB!  Not in GB (thought I had location posted, whoops) but that is super helpful. Won't stop me from buying a few :)

I started collecting in 2016 but I had a few from 2012-2013 so mines small but I'll get more in 2017 

7 hours ago, BrickHat said:

So jealous of your collection, Rob! Very impressive. Thanks for sharing the pic! Will love to see how it looks after TLBM. :classic:

Cheers, mate. 43 of them at this stage... 44 when SoCal print their Captain Bat. FigNation will have Flashpoint and Arkham Knight variants to replace these ones by early next year. So that'll be 44 before we add the 10 or 12 TLBM variants.

6 hours ago, RM0B said:

@Robianco You make those awesome customs?

I don't print customs or paint figures to make them. Most of the non-Lego releases here are pad printed customs by various customisers such as Christo and FigNation. Nightmare Batman is one I've put together with custom printed and moulded items such as the goggles.

1 hour ago, Captain Britain said:

Awesome collection Rob, must look brilliant out on display!

Once I got the Rainbow Batman they definitely needed to come out of the storage boxes. I think I'll be finding a frame (or two) from IKEA to get them displayed properly but the ever expanding nature of a Batman collection can be an issue for things like that. You know you've got it bad when you've got over 20 Robin variants!

Nice collections everyone! However, I feel like this thread has gotten off-topic as it has turned into Sebiron and Robianco's customs thread. If guys want to show off your customs that's fine, but I feel that they would be more at home in the Minifig Customization forum. Just my humble opinion.

That said, here is my Marvel collection. MCU on the top shelf, Animated Universe on the bottom shelf. I also have a DC display, but it's a WIP and will probably be expanded greatly with the release of the Lego Batman Movie sets. I'll post it once it is at a point that I'm happy with. You can see my full Lego Display here.

30751087010_02e72a8374_z.jpg
Lego Marvel Display 1 by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

30751087070_73887a17ed_z.jpg
Lego Marvel Display 2 by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

20 hours ago, Oky said:

Nice collections everyone! However, I feel like this thread has gotten off-topic as it has turned into Sebiron and Robianco's customs thread.

Apologies Oki. It's easy to get a little giddy when nice new customs arrive. I try and photograph things as a set such as all the Jokers with official and custom releases together. I must admit I wasn't planning to update as much with things like the recent photos as I'm trying to organise things into frames etc so they'll be displayed together as a full collection whether they be custom or official.

21 hours ago, Oky said:

Nice collections everyone! However, I feel like this thread has gotten off-topic as it has turned into Sebiron and Robianco's customs thread

@Oky I respectfully disagree with you.  This thread is about sharing your superhero minifigures and doesn't specify custom or not. I'm mostly interested is Lego superheros and hardly check other parts of the forum besides the city/town. If these customs didn't show up in this thread I probably would not have seen them. Beside if it wasn't for @Robianco @Sebiron this thread would be kinda dead right now. I enjoy seeing everyone's collections and especially customs because everyone can see what Lego releases but a lot of us cannot afford to buy these exceptional customs. Please keep posting your cool superhero minifigure collections. They are appreciated by some of the members at least.

Hear hear! The title says show your superhero minifig collection and that is what robianco and sebiron are doing. Those customs are lego too (most of them) and i enjoy seeing them. I like the choices sebiron makes for his customs and the search for perfection in a minifig by robianco.

Sorry, I didn't mean to mini-mod. Don't let me tell you what to post. If you want to post your customs, go right ahead. I was simply expressing my opinion that a picture of a single minifig that isn't even official Lego doesn't really count as a "Lego Superheroes collection" in my eyes. But then again, I'm a purist, so what do I know. :laugh:

10 hours ago, Oky said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to mini-mod. Don't let me tell you what to post. If you want to post your customs, go right ahead. I was simply expressing my opinion that a picture of a single minifig that isn't even official Lego doesn't really count as a "Lego Superheroes collection" in my eyes. But then again, I'm a purist, so what do I know. :laugh:

I think you certainly have a point though. The last thing I intended when posting the images was to be the cause of a kerfuffle but I think the posting of singular images does start to veer away from the original point of the post (maybe?). It would be nice if people did post their 'collections' whether that be broken down into DC or Marvel or Batman themed or whatever. I know I've certainly got caught up in just posting images when figures arrive rather than structuring them in some way. I've got Brent Waller's Jack Nicholson Mime Joker on the way and I certainly don't think this thread needs a photo of just that... but maybe when I get my TLBM Jokers I can photograph all the Jokers together as a collection and post that update. There's also a couple of Green Arrow variants heading over so maybe posting a collection of Arrow/Green Arrow related figures might be the way to go rather than just a photo of those. It very well may be worth opening a custom figure showcase thread in the Customisation Forum that can allow people to post these things to. It might also be a good way of showing what custom figures are available without it becoming a sale thread.

Nowt wrong with being a purist either, Oky! ;)  (I'm certainly sure my wife wishes I had no interest in custom minifigures)

Here is the display stand I built for my superheroes minifigures. I put one iteration of each character, the other versions are being displayed elsewhere.

All of them are genuine Lego, no customs nor bootlegs (I'm a purist :sweet:)

Minifigures display stand

And my Tony Stark lab :)

Tony Stark's lab

Edited by Shahennian

Superhero Collection

Here's my display - features the majority of my Marvel collection (Maria Hill is on the Helicarrier display stand and there's a couple others that didn't make it in for various reasons) and a small fraction of my DC collection. :blush:

I should figure out a way to put them all together some day.

Edited by mediumsnowman