c0rnedfr0g

Post Your Superhero Minifig Collections Here!

Here's mine with a bit of an update! They are finally on the wall...

And a close up of some newer additions, and how they hold their flippers! Got to make sure Scuba Captain America looks a bit different to Space Suit Captain America :D. I would say the only downside is certain extras not being able to fit in properly. Doc Ock's tentacles for example, or Yellow Jackets... backpack thing? Still.. overall I'm very pleased with how it's all turned out!

Edit: And yes... DC and Marvel are still mixed for me because they are by Bricklink number reference! :grin: It's too much hassle to keep taking them down, re-arranging and re-adding every time a new Iron Man or Batman comes along! The little holder clips that keep the backing in don't take much abuse!

Oh double edit.. thanks to Captain Nemo for the posting pictures tutorial, and thanks to Dr_Spock for helping me out with the tube piece for the flippers.

I really like these display cases. I have to add my newest additions and take some pictures.

Quick update pic I took last night. Not the tidiest as they all taken out of their frames but was nice to get all of them in one pic. I managed to get everything back in frames after but for some I'm having trouble with some figs dropping out all of a sudden which is a bit irritating as it means I need to crack everything back open.

I'm toying with either removing the glass or going for something a little different instead (as per the second pic - found it online and thought it might be quite neat).

Anyway.. my updated collection! I'll be adding the 4th Civil War set soon and I just found out there is now ANOTHER Superman.. he looks identical to what we've already got and we've got the head prints before (smile one side / red eyes the other) but not on the same head so I'll have to try pick him up too eventually :hmpf_bad: listed as sh300 on Bricklink but nobody has it for sale and I have no idea where to get it?!

All my Marvel and DC figs! by CaptainBritainDJW, on Flickr

Potential new idea I might explore..

Potential new display idea by CaptainBritainDJW, on Flickr

Sorry just saw this post after my last one.

I say keep them in the glass frames. It makes them look more "classy", more like art then a toy. Having them out might be easier to get to but just looks sloppy.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please Do Not Quote Pictures

Wow, where do you get those display cases?

Right now, I have almost every Marvel superhero and what I do is put them in a dime bag and put a label stating their name, set number they came in, and the year produced. It's a mess. I was thinking about using bricklink number, but those aren't "official" are they?

Right now, I have almost every Marvel superhero and what I do is put them in a dime bag and put a label stating their name, set number they came in, and the year produced. It's a mess. I was thinking about using bricklink number, but those aren't "official" are they?

Bricklink numbers are not official, but they are widely used.

Personally, I give each of my figures a code. Then I have an Excel spreadsheet with all the info for each figure using that code. It's really easy to maintain. I only put the code in the bag if I want to distinguish identical minifigs.

Last weekend I went to Brickfair in VA and picked up a few things.

I'm loving these micro racer figs. I may collect all of them.

IMG_2006_zpszrkwfccj.jpg

My Army of Robins and Bat side-kicks.

IMG_2007_zpsmveljcon.jpg

Finally opened my BvS sets. Here they are w/ MoS figs.

IMG_2016_zpsrafw7l6n.jpg

Sorry all - just caught back up with this thread!

I really like these display cases. I have to add my newest additions and take some pictures.

Sorry just saw this post after my last one.

I say keep them in the glass frames. It makes them look more "classy", more like art then a toy. Having them out might be easier to get to but just looks sloppy.

I ended up sticking with the glass frames! I like the look it gives (even if it is a battle to get some to stay in at times!).

They are just IKEA Ribba frames (50cm x 50cm) - I just stuck a 48 x 48 stud grey baseplate centrally and then used slope bricks to hold the minifigures on as it meant their capes could rest down the back of the slope without getting damaged.

how are the flippers attached to the hand?

I wasn't sure how to do this when I first saw it either! I asked a while back on these forums and was told to try 3mm rigid hose tubing cut down to size (apologies - I can't remember who told me! Dr. Spock maybe?) and it's worked a treat. 2 flippers on the end and then the minifigure holds a bit of the tubing. Keeps it all nice and neat :).

Bricklink numbers are not official, but they are widely used.

Personally, I give each of my figures a code. Then I have an Excel spreadsheet with all the info for each figure using that code. It's really easy to maintain. I only put the code in the bag if I want to distinguish identical minifigs.

The BrickLink numbers are the ones I go for as it's nice and easy to follow. I do slide my customs in where I see fit though. I tried to put say all the Iron Man armours together etc but every time a new one would come out I'd have to move everything along 1 place which meant taking everything apart.. became a bit of hassle! How did you work out your own code?

A few updated pics of mine since I've added new official minifigs and some more customs..

28311436774_bcc201ec9b_c.jpgAll up with no casualties (yet!) by CaptainBritainDJW, on Flickr

28311436314_4856f492dc_c.jpgAll up with no casualties (yet!) by CaptainBritainDJW, on Flickr

28824627902_d15dd0c2f3_c.jpgAll up with no casualties (yet!) by CaptainBritainDJW, on Flickr

28313944203_1a5d11620c_c.jpgAll up with no casualties (yet!) by CaptainBritainDJW, on Flickr

28313944233_6c085bc454_c.jpgAll up with no casualties (yet!) by CaptainBritainDJW, on Flickr

28994060815_15a0a41307_c.jpgAdditions from yesterday's visit to the Lego store! by CaptainBritainDJW, on Flickr

Who's the last minifig there next to the Dr. Strange set minifigs? Looks like Wildcat to me...

That's Wildcat by Paris Custom Bricks. It's just been released.

Yep :) Had to have it!

Yeah... I did the card for him so he had to wait for my delivery of the cards to arrive before he could post mine back to me!

Yeah... I did the card for him so he had to wait for my delivery of the cards to arrive before he could post mine back to me!

Ah that's cool! So I actually own a bit of your work too!

Ah that's cool! So I actually own a bit of your work too!

It would seem so... Although I'd rather people remembered me for this years £2 WW1 Commemorative Coin which I also designed.

If anybody happens to have a Christo Jay Garrick or knows somebody who has one who is willing to part with it could they let me know please?

Cheers all!

If anybody happens to have a Christo Jay Garrick or knows somebody who has one who is willing to part with it could they let me know please?

Cheers all!

Get behind me in that queue, fella! ;)

Haha we could share one? :( ideally I'd like to gather up the other Flash minifigs he did (reverse, blue, white etc) but it'll be a pricey few orders!

Haha we could share one? :( ideally I'd like to gather up the other Flash minifigs he did (reverse, blue, white etc) but it'll be a pricey few orders!

Well once my CW Flash and Zoom arrive the Jay Garrick will be the only one I'm missing. I've got a Black Flash from the regular figures on the way.

Another reason to get Jay Garrick is Paris Custom's is making a Green Lantern Alan Scott. While he's part of the Justice Society along with Wildcat it's nice to have another Golden Age character to go with Jay and 30s Batman from Christo. Superman hasn't really changed his costume and the SDCC Bizarro is also a classic costume that would sit with them.

Well once my CW Flash and Zoom arrive the Jay Garrick will be the only one I'm missing. I've got a Black Flash from the regular figures on the way.

Another reason to get Jay Garrick is Paris Custom's is making a Green Lantern Alan Scott. While he's part of the Justice Society along with Wildcat it's nice to have another Golden Age character to go with Jay and 30s Batman from Christo. Superman hasn't really changed his costume and the SDCC Bizarro is also a classic costume that would sit with them.

I'm going after those 2 CW figs too.. looking forward to those!

I'm going after those 2 CW figs too.. looking forward to those!

Better to order from him direct rather than eBay for those! I meant Shazam rather than Bizarro!