Sign in to follow this  
Sunder

[MOC] StarBomber "Cyclops"

The front and rear both have great detailing and shapes. I also find the assorted containers and armament around the ship to be top notch!

Holy cannolis! Incredible! There's just so much goodness going on here. Color selection is especially tasty :moar: (Sand green! Sand blue!). The thrusters at the back are especially well done, with the handles. Clever use of hinge bricks to achieve those fine angles. Is it a render? Those R4 cones in sand green are unfamiliar, which makes me think it's a render. But seriously, are those sand green R4 cones and sand green textured 2x2 round bricks for real?

Yes, that's render)

Wot??? Are you serious? If that is a render then I have no words - how did you managed to achieve that 100% real bricks feeling? :look::thumbup:

Wot??? Are you serious? If that is a render then I have no words - how did you managed to achieve that 100% real bricks feeling? :look::thumbup:

Thanks to Mecabricks and Blender 3D ;-)

Thanks to Mecabricks and Blender 3D ;-)

Ah, so it's Blender then...that was one of two things I was afraid it could be (the second one being MODO).

The thing is: I was into Blender like 2+ years ago with ldr2blender addon having quantum of problems (tho it looks really realistic using Cycle renderer): except things like too much difficult of making materials and stuff my main two big problems were not good ldr importing quality (and plus I had to convert my LDD file beforehand which conversion was really bad mainly when it comes to flexible parts as we all know but OK, I could somehow live without it) but mainly those extremely annoying light "fireflies" everywhere - basically I was not able making render without one and I really tried out every possible trick there was at that time. So in the end after like one year of trying I finally give up and return back to POV-Ray + once @msx80 made his fantastic BlueRender I completely switched to it and developed some mayor "advancements" to it myself since being very happy with it tho it still lack some options (like transparent background in render or completely transparent objects without casting shadows etc.).

So my question is: does Blender grew up so much since then so that it now do not produce those light fireflies in render (mainly in dark renders as I love dark ones)???

If so can you point me to the right (ehm, yours) solution?

Second question: does Mecabricks directly export to Blender file format so one can easily open/import it into Blender?

Edited by bublible

There are several ways to kill the fireflies(see tutorials), but I haven't used them (I don't like dark renders :D).

Mecabricks can export models to .obj .dae .stl. Also there is special template for Blender. All materials are redy, just a few adjustments are needed.

There are several ways to kill the fireflies(see tutorials), but I haven't used them (I don't like dark renders :D).

Mecabricks can export models to .obj .dae .stl. Also there is special template for Blender. All materials are redy, just a few adjustments are needed.

As I said I have gone thru all available tricks and tutorials for light fireflies in Blender BUT none of them actually worked for my renders, unfortunately.

You can find some more information about the Blender template here http://www.mecabricks.com/en/forum/category/7

Have a look at the settings - It can probably be improved as I am not a Blender Guru, but it has been a long time that I haven't been annoyed by the fireflies (even with dark scenes) without compromising on the rendering time.

Cycles is improved with every new version of Blender and works pretty well nowadays.

You can find some more information about the Blender template here http://www.mecabrick...orum/category/7

Have a look at the settings - It can probably be improved as I am not a Blender Guru, but it has been a long time that I haven't been annoyed by the fireflies (even with dark scenes) without compromising on the rendering time.

Cycles is improved with every new version of Blender and works pretty well nowadays.

OK, thanx - will have a look later.