Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

The more I see (obsess over) the stuff for TFA trickling out, the more I start to think that

The Carbonite Freezing Chamber will actually be a The Force Awakens set. Look at the recent Drew Struzan poster, along the bottom. He's read the whole script and screened half of it, apparently. Also - Vader figures are being released under the TFA banner, that's old news. But consider the focus the movie takes on Luke's (Anakin's) old saber... it might be a small flashback to this scene that the $40 kit focuses on.

Just a thought.

http://www.slashfilm.com/drew-struzans-force-awakens-poster/

The other possibility is its a Rebels set though small. There was a t least on ugnaught on lothal near the beginning of season one. And at some point Lando becomes involved with cloud city. But I'm not sure exactly when. Obviously it was used for other purposes than freezing Han. A stretch maybe, but it's obvious that Lando is becoming an integral part of the show.

Time for santa sidious!

Oh, heavens, yes. And the Day 23 build should be "Santa's" chair (modeled on the DS2 throne) instead of another silly lightsaber or rocket sled. And you should be able to put crying Ewoks in his lap.

Oh, heavens, yes. And the Day 23 build should be "Santa's" chair (modeled on the DS2 throne) instead of another silly lightsaber or rocket sled. And you should be able to put crying Ewoks in his lap.

Thats a good idea. A devilish idea. I said devilish because you have 666 posts at the time of this comment.

The more I see (obsess over) the stuff for TFA trickling out, the more I start to think that

The Carbonite Freezing Chamber will actually be a The Force Awakens set. Look at the recent Drew Struzan poster, along the bottom. He's read the whole script and screened half of it, apparently. Also - Vader figures are being released under the TFA banner, that's old news. But consider the focus the movie takes on Luke's (Anakin's) old saber... it might be a small flashback to this scene that the $40 kit focuses on.

Just a thought.

http://www.slashfilm...awakens-poster/

That's not a good thought, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was correct :hmpf_bad:

I really do wonder why TLG seems to have such a limited interest in releasing Cloud City-related sets. Considering that it accounts for about a third of the ESB, it's at the very least a statistical anomaly! However, the only thread of hope I'm clinging to is the current after-market value of 10123, plus the fact that the new UCS Slave 1 has sold really well.... Hopefully TLG has realised that there's an army of OT fans with more money than sense (including me!) and there will be a very strong market for them, especially if it's done reasonably well.

I really do wonder why TLG seems to have such a limited interest in releasing Cloud City-related sets. Considering that it accounts for about a third of the ESB, it's at the very least a statistical anomaly! However, the only thread of hope I'm clinging to is the current after-market value of 10123, plus the fact that the new UCS Slave 1 has sold really well.... Hopefully TLG has realised that there's an army of OT fans with more money than sense (including me!) and there will be a very strong market for them, especially if it's done reasonably well.

I believe they're doing it especially to mess with you :devil:. If you stop asking they'll post it directly to you.

That's not a good thought, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was correct :hmpf_bad:

The time shall come, when they will slush out a 400$ set and evryone is going to buy it.

I'm hopefully in the camp of people with just as much sense as money (or just as little money as sense) but I'd still happily hand it over for anything of a decent size related to Bespin!

I'm glad that I'm not alone with my slight 'obsession'....!

I believe they're doing it especially to mess with you :devil:. If you stop asking they'll post it directly to you.

The thought has crossed my mind a couple of times :laugh:

The thought had crossed my mind a couple of times in the last couple of years :laugh:

About four years isn't it, I seem to remember some of your very first posts were about CC. I think it was some ones MOC or a review of the set maybe?

Well it seems as though the guy who is in-charge of ESB sets has only seen the first third of the movie, which would explain all the Snowspeeders and AT-ATs, and nothing else, like something from Cloud City, or Dagobah.

Well it seems as though the guy who is in-charge of ESB sets has only seen the first third of the movie, which would explain all the Snowspeeders and AT-ATs, and nothing else, like something from Cloud City, or Dagobah.

The only way I think we would get a Dagobah related set again is if they released one similar to the x wing with Yoda's hut. I don't know how many kids would be clamoring to build a swamp and Yoda's house but throw in an X wing and bingo, sales.

The only way I think we would get a Dagobah related set again is if they released one similar to the x wing with Yoda's hut. I don't know how many kids would be clamoring to build a swamp and Yoda's house but throw in an X wing and bingo, sales.

Not if they included the Magic Tree where Luke confronts spectre Vader. That could be a very interesting set piece if LEGO ever tried it. Plus they could make a LEGO version of the dargonsnake that swallows R2.

I think you're exactly right. I used to collect starships but now I collect scenes and my favorite one is Home 1 Mon Calamari which includes an A-Wing. I would LOVE a new Dagobah set that includes an X-Wing.

I think I found out who's going to be in the hero force awakens battle pack for 2016. Resistance soldiers seems like the best option for that battle pack.

I think I found out who's going to be in the hero force awakens battle pack for 2016. Resistance soldiers seems like the best option for that battle pack.

I'm really curious about how they'll decide to organize these BPs. The Resistance BP would naturally have diversity thanks to what we've seen already. Two human, one female and one male, with one of them being non-white, and two new alien soldiers/crew or whatsoever.

As for the First Order BP, I think the whole collection would benefit from a 4 Stormtrooper set. Give us four plain Stormtroopers really cheap, with a speeder or whatever, and I'm a happy fan.

Wouldn't it be better to have a healthy mix of First order troops (f.e. a stormtrooper, flamethrower, etc.) and Resistance soldiers in each battlepack instead of 4 of the same minifigs? If you want more you can still buy multiple BPs; and a bit of diversity in troops would be welcome as well. That's what I would do at least.

A battlepack including only Resistance solidiers sounds boring personally,I would prefer a set that provides two First Order stormies and two Resistance soldiers.But from what we heard from the leaked set list we'll get a hero and baddie battlepack,so hopefully there will be some diversity on the minifigs.As said above a set with two Stormies and two Flametroopers sounds a must buy.

Edited by LOTR34

I'd want separate rebels and stormtrooper battle packs myself.

They are meant to give you more troops for the ones you get in other sets (like the Rebel's Stromtrooper battle pack with just 4 troopers).

Jim

What i want is a First order battlepack, which contains 4 Stormtroopers (TFA) but a different variation from the ones in transport, maybe black hands. And a resistance battlepack which contains generic soildiers.

Hope that Luke Skywalker,Snoke,R2-D2 and Leia minifigures available in any of the sets I mentioned here:Battle of Takadona,Halls of Mirror,Pirate Transporter,First Order battle pack or Resistance Battle Pack next year.

When are we going to get the pictures?

I have to plan the flebotomy of my wallet and choose wich sets i am going to buy this year

Droid escape pod, meaning the one they released just a little bit ago? That one was perfect. No need to rehash it. But on the other hand, I'm THRILLED to see the carbon freeze chamber being made, as well as Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor, although I suspect it'll just be a red version of Anakin's 2014 ship.

EDIT: I just also noticed a set called "Hoth Attack." Another Battle of Hoth thing, really?

I heard that Luke will play a small role on TFA.But if we do get him I bet my money that he will be included on the Hall of Mirrors set.

he's not in the Hall of mirrors scenes...so I don't think he's in that set

he's not in the Hall of mirrors scenes...so I don't think he's in that set

Oh really??I didn't knew since I do my best to stay away from spoilers.Guess we'll know more about the minifigures when the pictures come out.