Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Hopefully he will be made into a real minifig in the next few years.

Don't forget it is a hologramm ;-)

No one knows the real height of him for now...

According to his Wookiepedia page, he's around 7 foot, so still taller than an average person, but not ridiculously tall.

Edited by Captain Settle

Don't forget it is a hologramm ;-)

No one knows the real height of him for now...

J.J. Abrams and Andy Serkis both said that the real height of Snoke was about 7 ft.

Bespin launch trailer (Battlefront):

Cloud City gets a whole lot of love in this expansion. Makes me wonder if TLG is going to capitalize on this... we did get two new Battlefront kits in the second last wave.

I wonder how far behind production TLG is compared to a game publisher? There was never any doubt at least the first DLC for Battlefront would materialize... but I know Lego is always about 2 years behind the actual release of things (hence all the color, function changes).

The Rathtars moulds in TFA Lego game make me wonder if an "Escape the Rathtars" kit is inevitable? Seems like a great playset - maybe get Han, Chewie and some of those sweet looking Guavian Death Gang members in a small piece of corridor of Han Solo's freighter, the Eravana.

Oooo. A wrench accessory...

Mind blowing. That list of features is the first time I've ever read a Lego set trivialize itself !

I think the Rebel Combat Frigate is impressive on it's own, thanks. TLG can keep the wrench.

Edited by darththeling

Do we have a release date for the Rogue One sets?

Nothing official yet, just a lot of speculation being reported in late winter about retailers expecting another Force Friday at the end of September.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-force-friday-september-2016/

However there was that pic of a Lego rep in front of a poster featuring Rogue One sets - but that one said October.

So... late September early October.

Bespin launch trailer (Battlefront):

Cloud City gets a whole lot of love in this expansion. Makes me wonder if TLG is going to capitalize on this... we did get two new Battlefront kits in the second last wave.

I wonder how far behind production TLG is compared to a game publisher? There was never any doubt at least the first DLC for Battlefront would materialize... but I know Lego is always about 2 years behind the actual release of things (hence all the color, function changes).

The Rathtars moulds in TFA Lego game make me wonder if an "Escape the Rathtars" kit is inevitable? Seems like a great playset - maybe get Han, Chewie and some of those sweet looking Guavian Death Gang members in a small piece of corridor of Han Solo's freighter, the Eravana.

Mind blowing. That list of features is the first time I've ever read a Lego set trivialize itself !

I think the Rebel Combat Frigate is impressive on it's own, thanks. TLG can keep the wrench.

Well, we sort of got Dengar via Freemakers, If that counts! The set pieces looks amazing indeed but I don't really see what they could do here in Lego except release a twin-pod cloud car with 2 pilots and Lando.

Nothing official yet, just a lot of speculation being reported in late winter about retailers expecting another Force Friday at the end of September.

http://screenrant.co...september-2016/

However there was that pic of a Lego rep in front of a poster featuring Rogue One sets - but that one said October.

So... late September early October.

I don't know if you guys care but according to the Japanese Lego store catalog the Rogue One sets will come sometime around the end of September. Well at least in Japan.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClJ139hUgAARMtM.jpg

Edited by r3 UNIT

I don't think we'll be seeing one anytime soon. You can usually tell from the printing when a character is designed specifically for the video game only. Bala-Tik and the Guavians both have that fake custom figure look in the game, whereas others like Starkiller Han and Pru Sweevant look more in line with Lego's actual products.

Do we have a release date for the Rogue One sets?

Yes, and it's actually been official for some time now. September 30th, as announced at Toy Fair 2016 and confirmed by an article on StarWars.com.

If Lego plans on making more Battlefront sets we could get a Imperial twin-pod as seen in the trailer.

Yes, and it's actually been official for some time now. September 30th, as announced at Toy Fair 2016 and confirmed by an article on StarWars.com.

Great, thanks! Looking forward to seeing reviews of those sets :)

Edited by Lockon Stratos

A new DK book popped up on Amazon this morning, free figure is the white generic Hoth Rebel but with the Bren Derlin/Super Mario moustache face (they must have a surplus of those bodies to shift if Echo Base isn't selling well!) will stick a photo on later.

Edited by markw

A new DK book popped up on Amazon this morning, free figure is the white generic Hoth Rebel but with the Bren Derlin/Super Mario moustache face (they must have a surplus of those bodies to shift if Echo Base isn't selling well!) will stick a photo on later.

Good spot. I see there is a 2017 annual coming out with a free Ezra and Chopper too. That is going to harm the sales on the Ashoka set I would think

A TFA book that comes with a Hoth Rebel Trooper from ESB? And especially after 75098 with the oversaturation of Hoth Rebel Troopers we get this instead of something we actually needed. Lovely.

Edited by ChristopherLee

I think the biggest mistake with Assault on Hoth was simply this. This was the year to come out with updated Hoth battle packs. If there were a Hoth Imperial Battlepack available any concern over the lack of an assault would have dissipated instantly. Motivation to buy the main set would have also immediately increased as one could buy multiple battle packs to create an actual epic sized battle. There was no synergy going on. Because they didn't give us the means to expound upon the UCS besides the meh $25 set, all the main set's mistakes became glaringly apparent.

Could it be a place holder?

Considering how cheap the book is and the image shows a dissembled trooper I highly doubt that it's a placeholder.

Nah, the Assault on Hoth did a lot more things wrong, besides not being released together with the AT-AT and other Imperial themed Hoth sets. By itself it's terrible anyway and an expansion wouldn't help that much.

Edited by JekPorkchops

6067.jpg

I had this set when I was little and loved how it was modular and attached to my other castle sets. The UCS Hoth should have been exactly this. A bit of base wall and feature (trench, command centre with Toryn and K3PO, wampa cave with wampa and Luke, speeder bay with Janson and Wedge, front door with Han and snowy Chewie etc) for £20-50 that you could add multiples to and build your own base. Would have sold bucket loads.

A TFA book that comes with a Hoth Rebel Trooper from ESB? And especially after 75098 with the oversaturation of Hoth Rebel Troopers we get this instead of something we actually needed. Lovely.

I know, this is pretty lame, to have such a unique head duplicated so soon in the obvious set this minifigure belongs in seems short sighted, are we to act as if this is Bren Derlin in a different outfit, c'mon LEGO, give us something we want!