Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

The Brick Show will be in big trouble for that. No more free sets for them!

God I hope so. They have zero talent anyways.

Well, these sets look great. Better than the first TFA wave as far as accuracy is concerned I believe. Love the U-wing and the tank.

Unfortunately, I absolutely love all of them! The ATST looks great too, not all that fussed about the quality of the minifigures, its all about the vehicles for me.

For me, its one of the bettrr waves released in recent years.

It's funny people seem to be split on this subject. Either they love the figures and are meh about the veichles or love the veichles and are meh about the figures. I myself am leaning towards liking the figures most, although only just as the veighles do look very nice.

Good luck to them. I hope they wake up one day and remember it's 2016 not 1996. They either have to control their information better or deal with it. Or they can try to sue some people, I guess.

They will fail.

I'm not disagreeing with you but once those images pass from Lego's hands into those of the retailers it's got to be hard to keep a lid on them no matter what steps Lego takes. Since Lego risks losing millions due to counterfeiters making knock-offs of these sets I can understand why they go to such care to keep future sets under wraps. Plus, they have the Mouse House breathing down their necks because Disney wants some of this stuff kept secret for their movies. I know that you can't put the genie back in the bottle but we have seen Lego legally go after several big AFOL websites before for posting images and lists of preliminary sets. We may not like how it works but legally they have every right to make the demands that they do.

I hope there won't be another embargo that keeps us from TALKING about the sets here. No pictures, I can understand that, but just posting your thoughts about this stuff... Doesn't seem that harmfull to me.

Even if he's a Bothan, we wouldn't know if he was one of the 'many' until, like, "Rogue Three" or something, because "many Bothans" only died to bring info about the second Death Star. :wink:

Re: BP potential, I'm not sure the Imperial BP will be "1 of each". I expect the Tank Trooper to be in a Microfighter version of the tank, which could/should free up a slot in an Imp BP for others...

I really dig the AT-ST driver's helmet! Finally a "goggles-up" version! Just gotta slap an old head & helmet on the latest "light gray crew uniform" body that this one reuses and we'll have a nice matching pair with goggles up and down.

Good call.

I hope there won't be another embargo that keeps us from TALKING about the sets here. No pictures, I can understand that, but just posting your thoughts about this stuff... Doesn't seem that harmfull to me.

Yeah, Not being able to discuss the new sets would stink. I think the ability to discuss the topic is generally based on the discretion of the moderators. I believe that Brickset has a strict no discussion policy but Eurobricks mods have typically been cool with us discussing new sets. Except for the leaked TFA sets over the summer. I feel like that discussion was shut down for a short time.

I'm just super-pleased that the designers seem to resisted the temptation to stick a 6-shooter stud launcher on the chin of the at-st. I've have bet money that was going to happen.

Banning pics or talk about these leaked sets is closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. It's 2016, and once it's out on the internet, you can never get it back, be it leaked intelligence documents, Nude celeb pics, or lego information. Stopping us talking about it here acheives exactly nothing. All any of us have to do is google Rogue 0ne lego leak and it's all there to see.

We'll just have a situation where everyone on the forum has seen the pics and set information and can't talk to anyone else (who have also seen it) about it. Crazy....

Seems like a pretty solid wave to me. A lot of new rebel helmets too. There might be a chance i'll buy the chicken walker (i dont have one of those yet) for being OT as well. I like the printed goggles on the atst helmet, the robot and the grey alien the most i guess.

Banning pics or talk about these leaked sets is closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. It's 2016, and once it's out on the internet, you can never get it back, be it leaked intelligence documents, Nude celeb pics, or lego information. Stopping us talking about it here acheives exactly nothing. All any of us have to do is google Rogue 0ne lego leak and it's all there to see.

We'll just have a situation where everyone on the forum has seen the pics and set information and can't talk to anyone else (who have also seen it) about it. Crazy....

You're right, it achieves nothing... Oh, except ruining EB's relation with TLG... So no more reviews, no mre exclusivities, no more prizes for contest... yeah, that counts as nothing...

I'm just super-pleased that the designers seem to resisted the temptation to stick a 6-shooter stud launcher on the chin of the at-st. I've have bet money that was going to happen.

Don't give them ideas for the eventual AT-AT.. Six-shooter stud launchers ON EACH SIDE YEAH!

Banning pics or talk about these leaked sets is closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. It's 2016, and once it's out on the internet, you can never get it back, be it leaked intelligence documents, Nude celeb pics, or lego information. Stopping us talking about it here achieves exactly nothing. All any of us have to do is google Rogue 0ne lego leak and it's all there to see.

Agreed. This is insane, I'm sure nearly everyone by now on this forum has seen the images on the net somewhere.

God I hope so. They have zero talent anyways.

Well, these sets look great. Better than the first TFA wave as far as accuracy is concerned I believe. Love the U-wing and the tank.

not to mention a big scalper. I dont think lego should give sets free to resellers.

Im really excited for w K-250. Some thing disappointing is that there is no regular shore-trooper because I didnt think they had a blue arm in the leaked photo of the shore trooper.

My wallet is dieing

Hey guys, I think this'll be the only time I ever do this, but I'm warning you - leaks like this should NOT be shared, even if it's final. If you get them be careful, I've learned this recently. I'm hearing rumblings of The LEGO Group threatening legal action for original sources for these types of pictures.

This wasn't straight from LEGO, you can take this as a grain of salt if you want, but don't say I didn't warn you. :sad:

Huh? If one stumbles upon these leaks and decides to share them there is literally nothing LEGO can do to him/her. If you leaked the material you were given for personal use and signed a contract of some sort (or any document that is legally binding) that is a different matter entirely.

So, don't be afraid of sharing those pictures if you found them on the web, you are breaking no laws whatsoever.

Edited by Devizz

So, don't be afraid of sharing those pictures if you found them on the web, you are breaking no laws whatsoever.

But you might be undermining the relationship this site has with Lego. They might not be able to sue, but they can retaliate in a number of ways if provoked. It never hurts to think about the consequences of doing something before doing it.

Granted in this situation I'm guessing Lego doesn't care much about what we're saying, after all those idiot youtubers made a video about it, that's got to be a bit more infuriating than anything we're doing right now. I just checked the The Brick Show's Twitter and the picture of the set is still on there as a thumbnail, even though they deleted the video the pic for the video is still showing. I guess I'd feel bad for them, but I really don't like them that much...

Edited by strangely

Huu...... Lucky that I saved the pictures of the RO sets in my IPad. I'm not very rushed to buy the RO sets as most of the other members at here, through.

In regards to Thrawn. If they do bring him back for season 3 and we get a mini figure (which is my complete nerd dream right now) will they give him a tan uniform? :devil:

Depends on if he has been made a Grand Admiral yet during the Rebels S3 timeline. I mean obviously the show (and TLG) can do whatever it wants, but making him tan would fly in the face of the books.

Depends on if he has been made a Grand Admiral yet during the Rebels S3 timeline. I mean obviously the show (and TLG) can do whatever it wants, but making him tan would fly in the face of the books.

Well if Thrawn is a grand admiral in season 3 of Rebels with a white uniform and a minifigure is in a future lego Rebels set I'd buy it no matter what the price in shops is.

Edited by fire117

Little late to the party, I guess... The set leaks are definitely an extremely nice surprise.

There's no doubt that I'll be purchasing all of them. They all look absolutely fantastic, and accurate to the source material.

LEGO absolutely nailed it this time. I can't see any immediate flaws, personally. Granted, the film's not out yet, but looking at them as just sets, they seem pretty successful.

Holy new molds, Batman!

Honestly though, I didn't expect LEGO to be so generous with new helmets and the like.

Anyway, here are my thoughts:

The Minifigures: I'm absolutely dazzled. The hero crew all look fantastic, and I like how they've included Jyn's poncho, however I hope her printing on her torso is similar to what it was in the CG pic they released a while back. The variety of basic Rebel ground troops is also very welcome. All the baddies are great, however I find it strange that there isn't a single regular Stormtrooper in the lot. Then again, this may mean LEGO with release them in a nice BP early 2017. Also, it seems like LEGO has a lot more brick built weaponry in these sets than I've seen before in Star Wars sets.

Imperial Hover Tank: I wasn't expecting this to be the smallest set, but I suppose it makes sense. I'm curious about the interior, hopefully there'll be room for more than one driver.

AT-ST: I wasn't expecting this at all and I'm profoundly happy. Hopefully LEGO has attempted another walking function similar to the 2009 iteration, of course improving it. Regardless, I'm very happy with the head of the walker. So good!

TIE Striker: I like it, but I've also always been a bit cautious of odd TIE ships LEGO has done it the past ( the awful Defender and that weird tank form 2007 come to mind). I'll still likely get it, buts it's at the bottom of the list for me.

U-Wing Gunship: While the look of the ship feels really out of place for Star Wars (at least that my intial impression of it), this is the stand out set. It's got Cassian, Jyn, one of the funny alien characters (they're names elude me) which are must haves. The ship itself, I'm not blown away, but I'm sure I like it more once we've seen more.

Director Krinnic's Shuttle: What a beauty! This may easily be one of my favourite Imperial ships ever. Plus the minifig selection is awesome and so cunning (I see you LEGO, putting the badass enforcer droid in the biggest ship). The ship has a very unique shape to its body, so I wonder where the hatches are to open it up and access the interior.

Overall, this is an amazing wave. However, I'm sure there's gonna be a few more sets come 2017, hopefully with Vader, Mon Mothma and maybe a Yavin 4 base? Time will tell.

My biggest worry is the Canadian prices. If the tank, the smallest set, is 30$ US, then good lord these are gonna be expensive.

The new sets look fantastic after a lackluster group of summer sets [my opinion] I'm a bit excited for the Rogue sets to come out. Now all we need is a UCS Star Destroyer for next year and I'll be doing cartwheels.

I just noticed that the at st pilot has the goggles up print on the helmet. I was kind of hoping they would do a new mold for this, however. Nonetheless, I'll definitely be slapping one of those on a general veers minifigure. I feel they also could have given that tie pilot a the soft tubing coming from the helmet like they did with the FO pilot.

But you might be undermining the relationship this site has with Lego. They might not be able to sue, but they can retaliate in a number of ways if provoked. It never hurts to think about the consequences of doing something before doing it.

Granted in this situation I'm guessing Lego doesn't care much about what we're saying, after all those idiot youtubers made a video about it, that's got to be a bit more infuriating than anything we're doing right now. I just checked the The Brick Show's Twitter and the picture of the set is still on there as a thumbnail, even though they deleted the video the pic for the video is still showing. I guess I'd feel bad for them, but I really don't like them that much...

If you post the photos on imgur, youtube or any other site then the copyright owner might request the said website to remove the leak. The user doesn't break any laws by uploading what he found on the web tho. Unless he signed something.

Anyhow, do you honestly think LEGO is so bothered with these leaks? I wouldn't be surprised if it bumped their sales when the sets come out.

The only reason I can think of that would cause them to be annoyed with these leaks is if they signed something with Disney and will have to pay them more. Obviously Disney has to provide LEGO with relevant movie information long before anything is made public. It is very likely that LEGO had to sign something that would force them to pay additional % of profits from set sales if something got leaked.

Edited by Devizz

I've not seen the RO sets, and honestly, I don't care. Why? Because I haven't seen the movie, yet, and therefore have no emotional investment in them. I don't know which characters are cool and likeable, which ones are lame, or how vehicle such and such plays a part in the story. I'm rather stoked for sets and minifigs representing characters, scenes and vehicles from storylines I know and like - yeah, I know, I'm strange like that. It's like with Captain Phantasma. So many people were soooo excited about the look, but the "character" was so lame and uninteresting so far that I feel no urge to get her in minifig form.But each to his own! :wink:

As for The Brick Show: This will sound mean, and I don't wish anyone anything bad unless karma calls for it, but these guys were openly scalpers, and I've voiced my utter disdain for scalping on several occasions here. So, they had it coming...

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson