Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Haha, I've just been trying to figure out the differences between them and clocked his big tache!

Also, I have been looking at the jawas in the escape pod are they both different? Are they the same two variants as the Sandcrawler set?

Edit: just to add it appears there are two different ones there and there are the same two variants.

Edited by markw

What do you think about this Super Mario Resistance Trooper with moustache?

Looks like the same head for Major Derlin from the Battle of Hoth video on Lego's website.

Is anyone assuming we are getting a cloud city set in the nature of Jabba's palace a few years ago? I find it interesting that the carbonate freezing chamber has an odd open end to the right of the set that serves no purpose. It reminds me of the rancor pit and how it had the odd features on the top with the pyramidal builds. No one knew what they were to interlock into Jabba's Palace which released that summer. Is a similar thing happening where the carbon freezing chamber is hinting at a cloud city release in summer 2016? We shall see...

Does one of the stormtroopers from the Takodana set have that anti saber staff thing? At least I think that is what they're trying to represent.

I hope they make an add-on set

I don't know what they changed (and why) that makes the droid be only half in the socket on the jedi starfighter.

I don't know how to feel about the Empire battlepack. The vehicle is weak. The troopers are really nice except for the crack on their helmets which is too close to the visor to safely remove it with whatever technique.

This will be a cheap winter since I don't collect Ep VII sets.

Waiting for pictures of the summer sets and the UCS Echo base.

That's somewhat like a turret, not a vehicle.

Also, I am definitely getting more than one of the Empire BP for the sake of the white jump-pack and the Imperial Shock Trooper. I do have plans for a Hoth Imperial Jump Trooper...

Haha, I've just been trying to figure out the differences between them and clocked his big tache!

Also, I have been looking at the jawas in the escape pod are they both different? Are they the same two variants as the Sandcrawler set?

Edit: just to add it appears there are two different ones there and there are the same two variants.

I would love to get two more Jaws differnet from the one included in the Sandcrawler set, but no, it does appear they are the same, except for their weapons, the death star plans tile looks great though (even if it is slightly out of scale :sceptic: )

Edited by Brickr

If anyone cares Hoth Han has a smirk on one side of his head and a smile on the other side, no snow mask printing ;(

Is that an Imperial Star Destroyer just under Obi-Wan's Interceptor on the box art?! :wacko:

Yes it is LOL. I just noticed the carbon freezing chamber allows for the stairs to be folded up. Could this be for storage purposes or something else?

After seeing that pictures in HD it would be hard to erase that battle damages on OT Stormies... :look:

Masking tape is your friend!

That's somewhat like a turret, not a vehicle.

Also, I am definitely getting more than one of the Empire BP for the sake of the white jump-pack and the Imperial Shock Trooper. I do have plans for a Hoth Imperial Jump Trooper...

It seems to be a kind of speeder. I am not sure yet. It's very small. Look likes it has around 50 pieces.

I wonder why they chose to resdesign an already sticker heavy set... with EVEN MORE stickers.

Because messing with the droid socket wasn't enough...

More seriously. Sometime it looks like Lego is either making amazing sets (mostly) or bad sets. There is no middle.

From what we see, the wave looks great except for:

-Obi Wan Starfighter: no Cody phase 2, messed up droid socket, more stickers

-Empire Battlepack: vehicle is ugly and 'crackheads' stormtroopers

Bottom right corner next to the minifigures.

*snip*

Heh, i hope someone got fired for that /comicbookguy

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Yeah a whole movie too early for that set... doubt they will be doing any big PT sets for a while unless its another MTT

Maybe not as part of the main line of sets, but I can see them continuing them as retailer exclusives to Toys R Us.

I have an idea as to why the droid socket is messed up. Look at the underside of the droid socket and you'll see a slideshoe. Maybe there's an ejector function? Maybe the photo just has R4-P17 positioned in a way to demonstrate the function.

Number of microfighters set series 3 is 6?

About the microfighter X wing, do you prefer the old version or this new version?

I prefer the old version. I like that engines parts.

I have an idea as to why the droid socket is messed up. Look at the underside of the droid socket and you'll see a slideshoe. Maybe there's an ejector function? Maybe the photo just has R4-P17 positioned in a way to demonstrate the function.

I'm pretty sure its just landing gear to help balance the front of the ship. Both sides feature it on its underside, and the above view of the ship shows an ordinary tile in the droid socket with no eject functions.

I doubt there will be a eject function in Obi's Jedi Starfighter set. The size of the set didn't allow a eject function to been done.

Number of microfighters set series 3 is 6?

About the microfighter X wing, do you prefer the old version or this new version?

I prefer the old version. I like that engines parts.

I prefer the new one because of the blue:)

I prefer the new one because of the blue:)

New one is blue, but is severely lacking in the astromech department. It does have new Resistance pilot helmet, though.

Oof, hadnt noticed the droid socket on the obi wan interceptor... I was kinda looking forward to it, but it looks like it will need extensive bricklinking to fix the damn thing, It might be cheaper to just get the yellow one and buy some red parts rather then trying to fix the new one.