Sign in to follow this  
yellost

Cursed 7665 RC

I don't know about you, but it seems to me that this set is Cursed! I mean look at how many peaple complained about the wrong pieces and such being in this set.

I finally managed to buy myself one last monday, and I couldn't help shudder before opening the box... Please, be a good one with all the problems sorted, pleaaaase!

So I opened the box and the first thing I did was look at the instructions booklets. one 1/2 and one 2/2! Fiuuuuuh that's one cheked. Now the heads! 2 generic ones, Obi Wan and Yay! Qui Gon. Cool They did sorted those sets!

Or so I thought...

No sooner than Step 4 did I came across my first gripe : The axle thing that holds one of the lading gear didn't come out of it's mold right...

axle2.jpg

Just look at that! what am I supposed to do with a part like that? Grate it?

And then it gets worse... Around three steps later, I find out that one of the technic pins with a balled end isn't molded right either! the pin end isn't finished, like there wasn't enough plastic to make a whole one...

ball-pin.jpg

I know that Lego has had some problems in some sets, as I heard so many people complainig about this or that part. But it seems to me that this set here is the one I heard about the most in this wrong part conversation...

Luckily, it's only minor parts in my case, but still, please TLC just get a grip on yourself!!!!

AHHHHH! Ive never had a missing or deformed part in one of my sets before (knock on wood *sweet* )

DP8

AHHHHH! Ive never had a missing or deformed part in one of my sets before (knock on wood *sweet* )

DP8

Me either!

I'm fairly certain that LEGO can identify the precise mould and the precise PART of the mould that's gone wrong if you can give them the numbers stamped into the part. With that first part it looks like the plastic has flowed out into a gap between the two halves of the mould - might be worth letting them know as there could be a problem with one of their machines.

Dr. S.

I'm shocked. Lego has been deteriorating in quality for the past few years (also, could you show us the Qui -Gon head?)

The only time I have had a problem was with the Knights Kingdom generic castle that came out and was $100 worth of crap. The base piece came cracked, but that was due to poor packaging a shipping. I sent for a replacement, and luckily had another base to use. Other than that, no problems.

Thats cool ~ save those. They could be worth some money! Once, I got a completely flattened 1 x 1 plate with my mosaic peices! *wub*

Thats cool ~ save those. They could be worth some money! Once, I got a completely flattened 1 x 1 plate with my mosaic peices! *wub*

Arent those just 1x1 smooth tiles?? 8-|

DP8

might be worth letting them know as there could be a problem with one of their machines.

It's the first thing I did (that and asking for repalcement ;-) )

I'm shocked. Lego has been deteriorating in quality for the past few years (also, could you show us the Qui -Gon head?)

I don't have my camera anymore... (well, not untill late next week) but I'll post one then. In the meantime, I can send you back in the RC Review thread where there's a picture of a full Qui Gon Fig.

Dang, this is bad news. I havn't recieved any bad parts, and I hope not to either! Oh well, let's hop[e TLC fixes this up asap, and you get the proper parts!

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the 7665, Yellost. I too have been very fortunate not to have any defective parts appear in any Lego set. I definitly will keep my eyes open for this kind of thing now. TLC has been so good at quality control in the past. I totally hope TLC will keep their eyes open on this now too.

I fortunately had no wrong or missing parts with the 7665. The only wrong part I ever had was a black 3x1 wedge in the Sith Inflitrator box. I had 3x left and only 1x right...

way of off topic but something really weird happened when I opened my 4th Hoth base: the sticker sheet was half empty *wacko* It was missing the 2 "computer screens" stickers !!

Talk about crappy quality control !!

*yoda*

way of off topic but something really weird happened when I opened my 4th Hoth base: the sticker sheet was half empty *wacko* It was missing the 2 "computer screens" stickers !!

*yoda*

He he.... so that must be The Revenge of the DSS.... perhaps you

Talk about crappy quality control !!

*yoda*

most likely the stickers were dislodged during shipping and wound up sticking to either the bags or the manuals. i had that happened to me a couple of times. and also most of my manuals have dogged ears.

the problem is the packaging just isn't efficient and the large empty spaces just make matter worse. i think they should seriously consider designing smaller boxes. big boxes cost more to ship, damages manuals and parts from excess movement in the box (shake, rattle and roll, baby!!), take up too much shelf space, and cost more to make. i like how they packed the UCS MF. that's how every set should be packed. compact baby!!!

But I think that from a marketing point of view, there are good reasons for big packaging :

- it's easier to deal with boxes of standard sizes (Just have a look of the parcels Lego Direct sends ! always the same size, only the height changes),

- they offer plenty of space to show what is in,

- they are more noticeable in shops,

- it much more impressive : though you leave EUR 99 in the shop, you get a very big and colourful box (for the RC). I think that lego isn't jewellery and people expect to have someting big for the price.

Even though, they could put airbags in their boxes. It would prevent parts, booklets and stickers to be damaged *sing*

Edited by daoudbazaar