BirdOPrey5

Some Rude Moderators?

The name of the chamber isn't up for debate as we'll never please everyone. We are not oppressors. The use of our sub–forum is to have an open conversation. Additionally, there's also chamber music, a bullet in a chamber, 4 chambers in the heart...

The name of the chamber isn't up for debate as we'll never please everyone. We are not oppressors. The use of our sub–forum is to have an open conversation. Additionally, there's also chamber music, a bullet in a chamber, 4 chambers in the heart...

Yeah, but using the term "sending to the chamber" in combination with (discussion of) a punishment... Unless you think listening to classical music is punishment.

Yeah, but using the term "sending to the chamber" in combination with (discussion of) a punishment... Unless you think listening to classical music is punishment.

Maybe include a "nice" Youtube :tongue: link of music, in conjunction with the mention?

We often use the term "chambering". That is referring to putting a member into the sub–forum named "The Chamber". Castles had chambers, courtrooms have chambers, Hogwarts had a Chamber of Secrets, you meet in a judge's chambers when you need to discuss a private matter, we all have better things to do with our time than over–think this word. The name of the sub–forum is "The Chamber". It's not changing. Carry on.

Maybe include a "nice" Youtube :tongue: link of music, in conjunction with the mention?

It *would* make it more enjoyable :-)

Or I'll change the name to Candyland, now carry on.

We often use the term "chambering". That is referring to putting a member into the sub–forum named "The Chamber". Castles had chambers, courtrooms have chambers, Hogwarts had a Chamber of Secrets, you meet in a judge's chambers when you need to discuss a private matter, we all have better things to do with our time than over–think this word. The name of the sub–forum is "The Chamber". It's not changing. Carry on.

*salutes* Yes sir.

Thought I might helpfully point out that the actual name of 'the chamber' is 'The Isolation Chamber.' Carry on.

Lind & 6ix: You’re both right, I know some people are nice and understanding and I try not to disappoint or annoy anyone, so that people would accept me for who I am and how I treat them, not for where they think I come from, that’s why I was surprised and baffled by that moderator’s attitude, I have many friends in his country and I never experienced anything similar from them. So like I said, I’m sure it’s just in my head; otherwise I would have escalated the issue back then. No one should tolerate being openly discriminated against by anyone.

I was merely pointing out, since we’re discussing how moderators can sometimes be rude, that a certain attitude from a moderator can and did ruin the experience here for me (for a while) as I’m sure it did for other members, and that some terms in certain context and some correcting methods like yelling and bossing may seem to work for keeping order but it can be inappropriate and annoying if taken too far, it can have a similar if not far worse effect on threads than off-topic rants or such, and it sure does evoke negative thoughts for adults, because adults either have had bad experiences with similar references and oppressive methods or at least understands their terrible effect on those who have.

In short, when moderators speaks like a correcting teacher to an idiot child, or use sarcasm in a demeaning way, or pass judgment with prejudice, it takes them beyond the role of keeping order to the territories of just being happy with their powers, and that ruins the fun for all. They need to remember they’re just members who volunteered to do extra service for their fellow members to keep the play area clean, not a ruling aristocracy or government.

Just out of curiosity, was it this?

Perhaps accidentally mixed in your memory with this post?

If it is, I don't think you were ever directly told you might be put in the "Taking a Break" group. And it does appear that all behavior was addressed. I do like having this thread and want people to feel comfortable posting their opinions here but your original post seems to conflict a bit with the activity in that thread.

For a while, I thought the "Report" button was like on another forum I use where you used it to call Moderator attention to situations you thought might be getting out of hand or were generally just getting your goat, and I used it a few times for that purpose, before I realized I was probably the only one doing it (or even bothered by the conversation). In retrospect, I wish I had handled those situations more directly, both with moderation teams, and with the members I disagreed with. But no one was ever rude or unpleasant about it.

Then I figured out the "block" option in the profile menu.

This is an interesting topic. On the most part I'm happy with the moderators here, but the one thing that bugs me I'll throw out: when discussing sets based on films/TV shows, often times users are reminded to keep on topic when the things they are discussing that are partly related to the sets. Could the mods get a little looser on these threads? Obviously if it goes too far something needs to be said, but most times it does relate. After all, discussion of those two really go hand in hand in most cases.

Edited by BlueberryWaffles

For a while, I thought the "Report" button was like on another forum I use where you used it to call Moderator attention to situations you thought might be getting out of hand or were generally just getting your goat, and I used it a few times for that purpose, before I realized I was probably the only one doing it (or even bothered by the conversation). In retrospect, I wish I had handled those situations more directly, both with moderation teams, and with the members I disagreed with. But no one was ever rude or unpleasant about it.

Then I figured out the "block" option in the profile menu.

As in the example brought up by Khaled, many members use the report button. The situation in the LOTR thread was reported by many members. ZCerberus is the moderator of that forum and of course would've seen it anyway but he and the rest of the staff were able to discuss the argument through the report center so yes, please use the Report button for that purpose. The only reason I continue to look over that particular incident, by the way, is not to single out Khaled and make him feel even less safe, but the opposite, help him see what it looks like to me and hopefully, in retrospect, have less reason to be afraid in such matters.

This is an interesting topic. On the most part I'm happy with the moderators here, but the one thing that bugs me I'll throw out: when discussing sets based on films/TV shows, often times users are reminded to keep on topic when the things they are discussing that are partly related to the sets. Could the mods get a little looser on these threads? Obviously if it goes too far something needs to be said, but most times it does relate. After all, discussion of those two really go hand in hand in most cases.

Sorry but we just have to do our best to make those topics manageable and readable for new users. This is one of the hardest things about moderating the site because of course conversations about the sets will lead to discussion about the source material but it is often the case that a small group will take the discussion in the direction of the show or movie and it becomes inaccessible for new readers and people miss the set news or the discussion about the sets. This is probably the one thing we can't tone it down on. :laugh: Conundrum. But we do have the Community and LEGO Media forum to take those conversations to if that helps at all. It's one reason we recently opened the new LEGO Media sub–forum.

Thanks Hinkley for allowing me to discuss things freely, to a certain extent. But the posts you linked don't contradict with what I said, it actually proves that the public correction for said member for being incredibly insulting never took place personally, it was just a general note to everyone, yet my criticism to the moderatore's performance warranted an immediate public and personal responce, hence I suspected prejudice. I didn't discuss it further with him to avoid even more public embarrasment, hence feeling bullied.

I never said he threatened me alone with the chamber, he did that to everyone, nor did I say he didn't moderate the thread, I just criticised the way he did it, and his harsh and personal responce evoked those terrible thoughts in my head and forced me to second-guess his intentions. You can see that clearly when he insists he won't tell that particular member to back down and he'd dismiss the occurring insults to us as mere "strong opinions!" If you go back and get a taste of those insults you'll see why I got suspicious of prejudice. You'll also see how I appologizes to members when I felt I was being annoying, while said member never ever did, and again I was the one who got into trouble with a mod, you see what I mean?

I don't want to abuse this thread for personal issues, or sound like I'm complaining about something old and might be silly in your opinion (honestly, fearing I'd get into trouble again due to misunderstanding), nor am I formally complaining about that moderator in particular, I'm sure he thought he was doing the right thing in his mind, I was just pointing out an example on how a moderator can ruin someone's experience here so easily without knowing it. Thanks for being understanding.

Personally, I think you are over–reacting. I don't think you were ever in trouble and I don't think ZCerberus's response was inappropriate. I don't think he defended the member in question. As a matter of fact, when he tries to get the thread back on track he specifically says this:

6. Stop calling people names.

7. Stop calling other people's MOCs names. That may seem directed at a specific person, and honestly, it mostly is.

8. No more name calling at all.

which I took as addressing your concerns and publicly correcting the member you had the specific problem with.

We all see the World through the filter of our own experience but I'm sharing my perspective with you so will hopefully see what I see. I don't want you to feel persecuted and I hope you know that if I did think you had been, I would take steps to correct it. The entire staff here would.

. I didn't discuss it further with him to avoid even more public embarrasment, hence feeling bullied.

Please feel free to discuss it further in private or another staff member in the future so the feelings aren't harbored. We don't tolerate cyber–bullies here and want you to feel safe.

You'll also see how I appologizes to members when I felt I was being annoying, while said member never ever did, and again I was the one who got into trouble with a mod, you see what I mean?

I think you handled the situation just fine and I don't see you getting into trouble at any point.

I don't want to abuse this thread for personal issues, or sound like I'm complaining about something old and might be silly in your opinion

I don't think you're abusing the thread or silly and I appreciate you bringing the concern to light.

Fortunately I have not experienced any rudeness from the staff, but I did want to bring to light an incident from this past summer. I believe it was in the rumors thread for marvel (I could be mistaken) but there was a spat where people had gotten off topic in the Mod's opinion, and it riled feathers. several people thought this had been over moderated and voiced complaints, at which point many of those people were "Taking a break" having not been a regular to that thread I don't know if it was justified or what lead to those events to unfold. what I do know is that it caused me to not comment on anything in the thread simply due to not knowing where the lines were at that point. I am confidant that that was a unique situation but from the evidence I had it looked bad on both sides.

The Licensed Discussion Threads had become rife with non-topic content (speculation on 2016 movies etc) that was making the most popular few (Marvel and DC mostly) impossible to access for new readers and difficult to discuss the actual thread subject of 2015 Sets. When staff tried to gently steer things back on track we were met with resistence or were otright ignored.

The staff decided that what was needed was the online equivalent of sending someone out with a loud-hailer to marshal things back on track.

All licensed 2015 set discussion threads had the same post from the same staff member, for fairness sake. It outlined how the thread should be used and what sort of posts were on-topic . A number of members objected to this intervention and were put into isolation so staff could address their concerns one-on-one. While most were agreeable, even helpful with suggestions to the staff, a few were either discovered to be underage members or decided they wanted to leave the forum. Most members were let out of isolation quickly, those who chose to leave did so and underage members asked to come back when they were 18.

It was pretty much a last ditch attempt to get the threads in order that seems to have worked out quite well.

I can explain. The Licensed forum is somewhat bloated due to LEGO producing more and more and more products based on Licenses. We received a lot of complaints about many of the rumors discussions in that forum going so off–topic that they were unreadable save for the handful of people involved in the de–railed topic itself. Sometimes we have to be a little more blunt to get our points across and there are all sorts of people out there used to many different things and one of those differences is sensitivity to being corrected. So, there are always different degrees of response to moderation. For example, when the dealer catalog leaked and a lot of member were posting pictures because they were excited and having fun and that conversation moved very quickly and I chose to post in 42pt red letters to get people's attention. We see it a lot where we try to moderate and people miss it because some people just post when they want to respond before reading the rest of the thread and sometimes don't go back to fill in those gaps. Less obvious was where I came back and explained why we had to pull the pics and calmly empathized with excited LEGO fans. But I don't regret the choice, it got the point across. I am sorry if my method hurt anyone's feelings but my intention was not to belittle our members. My intention was to throw a flag on the play. But, a lot of people were annoyed with what we did in those Licensed threads but we did get just about as many PMs for thanking us for stepping in. And the moderators paying attention to that forum have had a lot easier time since our expectations were made clear. At the risk of sounding like an old man, it's not all guns and fame. Wait, I think I got that wrong... :look:

Personally, I think the presence of Moderators is a neat and helpful idea. I stopped reading the Future LOTR thread because of a certain argument that was occurring, which I had no interest in. The Mods stepped in, after a while, and made it go away. Not many other forums do that sort of thing. It's really a sort of government which makes perusing a forum much more pleasant. The Moderators are pretty awesome to spend their time nursing threads instead of actively destroying them as we members do.

Thanks, Mods for making Eurobricks a neat and tidy forum for us!

The Moderators have never been rude to me. Everyone who's had to deal with me has been quite nice.

I remember one post I made vaguely mentioning Ultra Agents and how popular government agents were due to recent political events, and Peppermint M very politely notified me that politics were a sore subject on this site. I also got a warning (I think it was from Rick) due to my signature being too big, but that was cleared up expediently.

Hinkley: thanks for a very civilized response. And I must say that despite the fact that I completely disagree with the first point you made (because the mod clearly stated he won’t correct that member because he doesn’t consider his insults to be insults at all, and because the points 6, 7 & 8 you quoted were generally directed to everyone and never as a direct response to that member in particular), yet I cannot help but dismiss the entire issue just out of respect to you. Your thoughtful response made me feel a lot better, and I thank you for that.

When it comes to internet bullies, I don’t, and probably most people also don’t, need protection to feel safe and whatnot; were not sensitive children, and on websites that allows profanity (think YouTube) I can handle myself pretty well as do most people. But that’s an ugly reality we try to escape from when we come here.

When you intervene, you’re not protecting me or making me feel safe as much as you’re protecting the integrity and civilized manner of this place. Your careful response right here assured me that this place still works as expected; the other mod’s response back in the other thread didn’t, because he wasn’t being fare.

In this civilized and peaceful looking place we expect the staff members to shield us from offensive misconduct, not because we can’t handle such misbehavior or because we’re afraid, but because if they don’t then this place will turn into a jungle like most other places… I’ve been here for seven years, and I’ve seen how you worked hard to keep things the way they are, and you have no idea how much I appreciate that effort, and how much I’d really hate to see that effort yield to the current negativity wave that’s been sweeping the internet.

I agree with all the members who praise the efforts you make in general; we rely on you guys to keep this place civilized, both ways, as in members don’t cross the line of polite conversation AND moderators don’t cross the line of misuse of power by being harsh or condescendingly sarcastic. And a mod must understand that he doesn’t scare anyone when he yells; he just makes other members angry and bitter, and spreads even worse negativity than the misconduct he was trying to correct.

I thank you again for a civilized conversation, and please accept my apologies if I caused any inconvenience by my apparent over-reaction or negatively-drifting thoughts.

I feel honored to have made the rude moderator list twice!!!

Khaled Yousef: As for the issue in the LotR thread- yes, please reread what I wrote. We have a policy not to discuss how we discipline other members so perhaps you weren’t getting the full picture (hint, hint). This case was fairly simple to me. I said we could discuss sales ideas and figures and I even argued for both sides, I simply wanted anything resembling a direct insult to stop. You weren’t in any sort of long term trouble and the member you think I didn’t rebuke was definitely part of the pointed criticism I made. “No more calling other people’s MOCs stupid” or whatever I said was indeed directed at one particular often times rude member who may have been addressed in other ways (hint, hint again). A public step in to tell people to play nice, with the hint at using the stick known as the chamber if needed, is really the lowest level action by a mod. I do not recall receiving a PM from you on this issue, which you would have been welcome to do.

As for the specific mention of a Mod who may have said everyone posting in a particular thread (Nexo Knights 2016) were acting like a bunch of idiots (thanks for the reminder CM4Sci)- well that is me again! The issue in that thread was the constant posting of confidential images and information, then people requesting more confidential information after multiple Mods demanded it stop. I had PMs with several members involved and also had to discuss what was happening in the thread with the other moderators. What people need to understand is there is staff discussion that goes on behind the scenes as well. In this case, we were discussing what to do with the thread and the sketches since they weren’t exactly outside the rules and while I removed the pictures pending discussion with notes from me and other mods not to post confidential information, MORE confidential information was leaked and posted. This makes not only everyone posting look bad, but it also makes me look bad for “letting” it happen on my watch. It is beyond frustrating to have the issue boil over outside history and require question and extended discussion with all mods. In this case, everyone who failed to read all the warnings that were posted were indeed acting like a bunch of idiots and not seeing past their own desires for information and how it could hurt the site’s relationship with LEGO, the forum’s relationship with its moderator, and the moderator’s relationship with other moderators. I probably also acted like an idiot when I said everyone else was acting like an idiots but ultimately it helped stopped the leaks… at least for the next few days until non-confidential information was released!

What people need to understand is moderators are trying to do what is best for the site overall. Can this mean taking a firm approach at times and seeming rude? Sure. Can it mean choosing to not act at times as well? Of course.

There is also a delay factor due to the site being global. Sometimes mod action is needed, but the mod may be asleep or at work and not get to your issues immediately. That can make is seem like certain activities are being ignored when really they just simply haven’t reach the right person yet. By the time the mod sees the incident, it can already have escalated beyond what it should have and forceful intervention seems needed.

I don’t want this to seem like an excuse for rude behavior, but I agree that I think the few firm to somewhat rude posts are what is remembered and may not be reflective of everything a moderator has done or said on the site. I would recommend reaching out to a mod in private if you feel they have crossed a line to find out why a seemingly rude post was made. At times it may simply be frustration with members pressing the boundaries of acceptability, at other times it can be a misunderstanding and perhaps sometimes it can even just be a moderator acting like an idiot and some reflection is needed.

Hinkley: thanks for a very civilized response. And I must say that despite the fact that I completely disagree with the first point you made (because the mod clearly stated he won’t correct that member because he doesn’t consider his insults to be insults at all, and because the points 6, 7 & 8 you quoted were generally directed to everyone and never as a direct response to that member in particular), yet I cannot help but dismiss the entire issue just out of respect to you. Your thoughtful response made me feel a lot better, and I thank you for that.

When it comes to internet bullies, I don’t, and probably most people also don’t, need protection to feel safe and whatnot; were not sensitive children, and on websites that allows profanity (think YouTube) I can handle myself pretty well as do most people. But that’s an ugly reality we try to escape from when we come here.

When you intervene, you’re not protecting me or making me feel safe as much as you’re protecting the integrity and civilized manner of this place. Your careful response right here assured me that this place still works as expected; the other mod’s response back in the other thread didn’t, because he wasn’t being fare.

In this civilized and peaceful looking place we expect the staff members to shield us from offensive misconduct, not because we can’t handle such misbehavior or because we’re afraid, but because if they don’t then this place will turn into a jungle like most other places… I’ve been here for seven years, and I’ve seen how you worked hard to keep things the way they are, and you have no idea how much I appreciate that effort, and how much I’d really hate to see that effort yield to the current negativity wave that’s been sweeping the internet.

I agree with all the members who praise the efforts you make in general; we rely on you guys to keep this place civilized, both ways, as in members don’t cross the line of polite conversation AND moderators don’t cross the line of misuse of power by being harsh or condescendingly sarcastic. And a mod must understand that he doesn’t scare anyone when he yells; he just makes other members angry and bitter, and spreads even worse negativity than the misconduct he was trying to correct.

I thank you again for a civilized conversation, and please accept my apologies if I caused any inconvenience by my apparent over-reaction or negatively-drifting thoughts.

Thank you! Talking about these things and giving us the opportunity to respond and be open with the community is great for our entire site and our members. I don't think you're whining at all. I do think that we can all sometimes be sensitive and that doesn't have to be a bad word. Again, we all have our own experiences and that makes everyone have different sensitivities. It's a reflection of your (royal your) experience and that's who you are and you should embrace that. It's OK to be you! Wow, I'm starting to get a little hippy–dippy here. But, honestly, I'm glad we have this thread and I hope people benefit from frank discussion about these matters.

I feel honored to have made the rude moderator list twice!!!

Khaled Yousef: As for the issue in the LotR thread- yes, please reread what I wrote. We have a policy not to discuss how we discipline other members so perhaps you weren’t getting the full picture (hint, hint). This case was fairly simple to me. I said we could discuss sales ideas and figures and I even argued for both sides, I simply wanted anything resembling a direct insult to stop. You weren’t in any sort of long term trouble and the member you think I didn’t rebuke was definitely part of the pointed criticism I made. “No more calling other people’s MOCs stupid” or whatever I said was indeed directed at one particular often times rude member who may have been addressed in other ways (hint, hint again). A public step in to tell people to play nice, with the hint at using the stick known as the chamber if needed, is really the lowest level action by a mod. I do not recall receiving a PM from you on this issue, which you would have been welcome to do.

I knew there was another point that slipped my mind or perhaps I tried and was too subtle. If we do correct a member in private, we do our best not to make them feel singled out in public. So, look for little clues like ZCerberus's list and points 6, 7 and 8. They were addressed to everyone. But that's our diplomatic way of saying the behavior isn't tolerated without specifically shaming that person, no matter what the original behavior was or how rude it came off. We have banned people for being overly rude to other members. Free speech is a thing, but this is a private site and we do reserve the right to ban people who are dicks. :laugh: And, in my opinion–fully understanding that you had a different perspective that is totally valid, Z was engaging you in conversation about site moderation, like this topic, in a respectful way. Z is a real–life friend so I know he meant no offense to you. That doesn't detract from your experience or mean you didn't feel that way. I know that.

As for the specific mention of a Mod who may have said everyone posting in a particular thread (Nexo Knights 2016) were acting like a bunch of idiots (thanks for the reminder CM4Sci)- well that is me again! The issue in that thread was the constant posting of confidential images and information, then people requesting more confidential information after multiple Mods demanded it stop. I had PMs with several members involved and also had to discuss what was happening in the thread with the other moderators. What people need to understand is there is staff discussion that goes on behind the scenes as well. In this case, we were discussing what to do with the thread and the sketches since they weren’t exactly outside the rules and while I removed the pictures pending discussion with notes from me and other mods not to post confidential information, MORE confidential information was leaked and posted. This makes not only everyone posting look bad, but it also makes me look bad for “letting” it happen on my watch. It is beyond frustrating to have the issue boil over outside history and require question and extended discussion with all mods. In this case, everyone who failed to read all the warnings that were posted were indeed acting like a bunch of idiots and not seeing past their own desires for information and how it could hurt the site’s relationship with LEGO, the forum’s relationship with its moderator, and the moderator’s relationship with other moderators. I probably also acted like an idiot when I said everyone else was acting like an idiots but ultimately it helped stopped the leaks… at least for the next few days until non-confidential information was released!

What people need to understand is moderators are trying to do what is best for the site overall. Can this mean taking a firm approach at times and seeming rude? Sure. Can it mean choosing to not act at times as well? Of course.

1,000 times this. It is hard to volunteer for a site this big and oftentimes complex. It's a anxious feeling to come "check in" because you have a couple of minutes free and be the first to spot an issue that takes four hours to address. And sometimes we respond in ways we wouldn't if we had more time to process it all. I was really busy the other day when someone was talking about glue and I responded like a total dick to a post about acetone. I tried to go back and soften it a bit but what was done was done. And that's not even moderating, that's just me being a dick in normal conversation. :blush: But, we're not perfect but we try to do our best. And sometimes we have to be a little harsh or more blunt than usual to get our points across. If everybody could take a step back at times like that and just breath and put things into perspective, it will help out the whole community and that goes for members and staff alike.

Thanks ZCerberus for your reply. Just so you know; I carry the deepest respect to you, hence my disappointment when things didn’t work out very well.

Your choice to publicly and personally correct someone who criticized your moderation, and not do the same to another who kept insulting everyone for so long, was the reason I got suspicious of prejudice (remember, you told me you're not going to do anything to him because he's just "strongly opinionated" not insulting at all, which was a baffling comment to me). I apologize if that was an over-reaction from my side, but such comments made the whole thing look really bad.

“No one calling other people’s MOCs stupid,” yeah, I’m sure that must’ve got him; he must be feeling really bad now.

Don’t get me wrong man, I think you’re doing a great job keeping the History forum together, it’s just that this was my first encounter with you and I’m sorry to say that it was weirdly unpleasant. I really hope I don’t get entangled in a similar situation again and that this incident would be water under the bridge for all parts concerned, including that other member who obviously stopped being insulting. Apparently the hint, hint (what’s that?) really worked. Just give me some time and you’ll see I’m also not such an annoying debating person. It was the cancellation of LOTR that got us all emotional and psychopathic back then.

And I made Hinkley get a little hippy-dippy… my first real contribution to the Eurobricks community. :laugh:

Edited by Khaled Yousef

Thank you! Talking about these things and giving us the opportunity to respond and be open with the community is great for our entire site and our members. I don't think you're whining at all. I do think that we can all sometimes be sensitive and that doesn't have to be a bad word. Again, we all have our own experiences and that makes everyone have different sensitivities. It's a reflection of your (royal your) experience and that's who you are and you should embrace that. It's OK to be you! Wow, I'm starting to get a little hippy–dippy here. But, honestly, I'm glad we have this thread and I hope people benefit from frank discussion about these matters.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

1,000 times this. It is hard to volunteer for a site this big and oftentimes complex. It's a anxious feeling to come "check in" because you have a couple of minutes free and be the first to spot an issue that takes four hours to address. And sometimes we respond in ways we wouldn't if we had more time to process it all. I was really busy the other day when someone was talking about glue and I responded like a total dick to a post about acetone. I tried to go back and soften it a bit but what was done was done. And that's not even moderating, that's just me being a dick in normal conversation. :blush:

I don't know if I saw your post before or after you edited it, but I believe I read it very shortly after it was posted, and I didn't think it was "d*ckish" at all. Perhaps the faintest bit sarcastic, but you were speaking as one who had had professional experience with the topic, in response to someone who was only hypothesizing about the topic. :shrug_confused: