Hinckley

Dwarves' Mine Review!!

Hey, I just thought you guys might be interested in knowing that the parts for this will be available on the parts replacement page of S@H at the beginning of November.

Nice! I'll be on Lego.com on Nov. 1 to be sure! *y*

Yup they are NOT Goblins,Orcs or Ogres!!! :'-)

I'm So Happy!!

...I'll keep calling them goblins. :-P Mainly becuase I want to set them apart from the trolls. Calling them "Giant Trolls", like LS@H does, sounds so ugly...

Shakar

...I'll keep calling them goblins. :-P Mainly becuase I want to set them apart from the trolls. Calling them "Giant Trolls", like LS@H does, sounds so ugly...

Shakar

________

I agree that calling them "Giant Trolls" just sounds stupid, but I think orcs are a better term for the "mini-trolls", because goblins are generally more slim and small ;-)

TTFN! >:-)

I'll stick with goblin. Orcs to me are just those things off Lord of the Rings. And Warcraft. :-P

~Peace

Edited by iamded

I'll stick with goblin. Orcs to me are just those things off Lord of the Rings. And Warcraft. :-P

_______

No, your wrong, 100% wrong iamded good chum, a goblin suits this as well as a slimming tuxedo suits a 300 pound gorilla! X-D :-P

I still say orcs, goblin is fine, but orc fits better for me seeing as this is pretty much LOTR without a licence anyway!

Oh yes, and of course, STALKING YOU! *skull*

...a goblin suits this as well as a slimming tuxedo suits a 300 pound gorilla! X-D :-P

What, can't a gorilla look nice? :-P

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Hinckley-How many golden axes come in the set?

I couldn't find the inventory on BL yet

Thanks

...I'll keep calling them goblins. Mainly becuase I want to set them apart from the trolls. Calling them "Giant Trolls", like LS@H does, sounds so ugly...

Shakar

Call em whatever you want, thats the beauty of the theme :'-)

I however prefer Trolls and Giant Trolls :-P

Hmm this might call for a poll X-D

Piranha

Edited by Piranha

~Peace

As far as i'm concerned anything has to be better than calling them giant trolls!!!! *wacko* , what i want to know is how can lego come up with such a great set yet they can't give them a decent name....the mind boggles at that one.... :'-(

Call em whatever you want, thats the beauty of the theme :'-)

I however prefer Trolls and Giant Trolls :-P

Hmm this might call for a poll X-D

That might not be such a bad idea at all, a poll do decide once and for all how we're going to refer to the minifig and giant Trolls. So I second the motion! ;-)

Does anyone know when the Dwarves Mine will be available in Europe (UK for me)

I actually e-mailed TLC about that, but the official answer was something like "We are not allowed to provide any information on sets that have not been officially released yet". |-/ Yeah right, the set has been released, but only in the US... We'll just have to keep an eye on S@H for the time being!

_______

No, your wrong, 100% wrong iamded good chum, a goblin suits this as well as a slimming tuxedo suits a 300 pound gorilla! X-D :-P

I still say orcs, goblin is fine, but orc fits better for me seeing as this is pretty much LOTR without a licence anyway!

Oh yes, and of course, STALKING YOU! *skull*

an adult gorilla is much heavier than 300lbs. the usual reference in a quote is 800lb gorilla.

That might not be such a bad idea at all, a poll do decide once and for all how we're going to refer to the minifig and giant Trolls. So I second the motion! ;-)

I called US Shop at Home about it after I got it at Target-this was before US SAH started carrying it-they told me it was discontinued. I told them I was holding a copy I bought that day...Some of the know what they're talking about over there. Others think they work for Megablocks... :-/

X-O :'-( What??! The Dwarf's Mine has been discontinued?? Or just temporarily, until it is released to the rest of the world?

~Peace

Edited by iamded

X-O :'-( What??! The Dwarf's Mine has been discontinued?? Or just temporarily, until it is released to the rest of the world?

~Peace

Sorry. Didn't mean to freak your megablocks. No! The dwarVes' Mine has not been discontinued. Clearly, the woman on the phone was wrong. :-P She had in her computer that it was discontinued for whatever reason so the information she was giving me was incorrect. That was my point. TheFrisian called SAH and they said they wouldn't discuss un-released sets and I was comparing the story of what happened when I called...

I called US Shop at Home about it after I got it at Target-this was before US SAH started carrying it-they told me it was discontinued. I told them I was holding a copy I bought that day...Some of the know what they're talking about over there. Others think they work for Megablocks... :-/

Oh man those guys that work the phones for lego are idiots, the things i have been told by them that just aint true is beyond belief.

The most annoying thing i find with them is when you order a new set and get all the way to handing your card details over, only to have them say 'oh sorry it appears that set isn't available yet'......I mean come on surely they must know that at the bloody start!!! >:-(

Rant over X-D

Oh man those guys that work the phones for lego are idiots, the things i have been told by them that just aint true is beyond belief.

The most annoying thing i find with them is when you order a new set and get all the way to handing your card details over, only to have them say 'oh sorry it appears that set isn't available yet'......I mean come on surely they must know that at the bloody start!!! >:-(

Rant over X-D

Before Cafe Corner was even shown to the public, I had to call about something and the conversation worked it's way around to a point where I mentioned the set and talked about it some and the girl on the phone was telling me things that she liked about it. Then I asked about the availability of some 2007 set that I knew was out, but hadn't been able to find on the shelves (battle packs?) and she give me the whole, "we can't discuss products that haven't been officially released yet" and I couldn't help but laugh, since it was out and we'd just finished discussing one that wasn't.

I've also noticed that some of them get a slightly creeped out tone in their voice if you reveal that you're buying for yourself. Get a clue people, train your employees not to do that, you just might lose a sale one day over it.

Bottom line, they aren't always the brightest bricks in the batch. :-|

Bottom line, they aren't always the brightest bricks in the batch. :-|

If they were, they probably wouldn't be working in a call centre...

I think TLG forgets that its adults that account for 98% of thier revenue nowdays

of course i'm including when they buy for thier kids but still LEGO...

CATER TO YOUR ADULT FANS!!!!!!!!!!!! >:-(

I think TLG forgets that its adults that account for 98% of thier revenue nowdays

of course i'm including when they buy for thier kids but still LEGO...

CATER TO YOUR ADULT FANS!!!!!!!!!!!! >:-(

Interesting. Do you have research to back up your statistics? 98% seems pretty high to me. If you're including adults who buy for their children, why would it be necessary to gear the product to what those adults want in their collection? If your argument is that LEGO should cater to adults, I don't think AFOLs and Adults Who Buy For Their Children...or AWBFTCs share a common interest.

Finally, what does this post have to do with the current discussion? And do you have any conclusion that might clue LEGO in to where you feel they are not catering to adults? Otherwise, your post seems a little spammy...

Sorry. Didn't mean to freak your megablocks. No! The dwarVes' Mine has not been discontinued.

Oh thank god! X-D You had me worried there!

Dwarfs Dwarves ON!

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Interesting. Do you have research to back up your statistics? 98% seems pretty high to me. If you're including adults who buy for their children, why would it be necessary to gear the product to what those adults want in their collection? If your argument is that LEGO should cater to adults, I don't think AFOLs and Adults Who Buy For Their Children...or AWBFTCs share a common interest.

Finally, what does this post have to do with the current discussion? And do you have any conclusion that might clue LEGO in to where you feel they are not catering to adults? Otherwise, your post seems a little spammy...

Your right i didnt really flesh it out when i said that, but the situation with their customer service, and how they release a police station every year and the lack of sets that would make a town a town, just gives me the impression that they're not running a very tight ship over there.

I think some of this is reflected by their past money problems.

There are more reasons than that for me feeling this way but just dont want to explain all of them.

On the other hand though, i have hope. With sets such as 10190 and 10182, and some of the upcoming 2008 sets, it looks as if TLG is turning over a new leaf.

Your right i didnt really flesh it out when i said that, but the situation with their customer service, and how they release a police station every year and the lack of sets that would make a town a town, just gives me the impression that they're not running a very tight ship over there.

I think some of this is reflected by their past money problems.

There are more reasons than that for me feeling this way but just dont want to explain all of them.

On the other hand though, i have hope. With sets such as 10190 and 10182, and some of the upcoming 2008 sets, it looks as if TLG is turning over a new leaf.

Well, unless this has anything to do with the Dwarves' Mine, I suggest you post it in a different topic. You specifically said Cater to the adults-were you referring to this set? Either way, your point still seems unclear to me :-$ sorry.