Excellent town build and very nice story to go with it, JN, the crooked stone and Tudor houses are fantastic, and bustle of activity in the scene matches the description wonderfully! :thumbup:

Thank you all very, very much for your feedback. I'm glad the build conveys the feel of the town I wanted to depict, just as a classy fantasy/medieval town with crooked houses and lots of action on the streets.

Hey Jacob,

Awesome MOC. I just featured this on the front page of Classic Castle.

http://classic-castle.com/

I wanted to add, though, how wonderful your description is. It sounds like the first page of a well-written book, and I want to read the rest.

BTW, I don't have any TMNT sets, so I had no clue where the rat head element came from in this and a bunch of your MOCs. I figured it was something from Chima (another theme I don't have any of), and I was scrolling through the figs on BrickLink trying to figure out what it was. Then I thought maybe it was some EU fig from Star Wars. Then finally I realized it was Splinter.

Bruce

Wow, thank you very much for this. That's definitely an honour I know to be fond of. And all of my rats too, of course. And the highest commendation for me is always that people enjoy the stories behind the builds. Thank you.

Wow, what an amazing depiction of a medieval town, Jacob. The rats seem to have settled well after their exodus from their mountain realm.

The architecture looks really realistic, and the lightning combined with the colour scheme gives it a great atmosphere. :thumbup: Further, I think you have struck a nice balance with your greebling, as I it can be overdone.

However, rats and "black sailed ships"? This reminds me of the plague storyline of the Avalonian civil war - should one be suspicious? :tongue:

www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96677

Didn't know this story. But I think it's a wide spreat prejudice that rats transmit deseases, at least my rats are not filthier or sicker than any human.

I will deifinitely expand Skavenport from time to time, since I seek to have it acknowledged as a city one day.

Edited by Jacob Nion

This is just perfect, Jacob! The feel is spot on. I love the angled section of the one wall as well!

That reminds me, I should start forming my HSS list...

Great introduction of your city, I absolutely love the feeling you convey in those closeup shots!

Lots of nice details also.

Edited by Gideon

The rats of most cities surround themselves with jewels and fancy clothes and then call themselves men; for the rats of Skavenport, it is hard work and ferocity in battle that matters in the end. True men these rats of Skavenport are!

Sweet build Jacob, the odd angles and attention to detail really make this scene come to life. The sense of dimension here is excellent, I feel as I could easily get lost wandering through Skavenport's streets. The description was equally enjoyable. Great to see Skavenport come to life and stand as another testament to Nocturnus' greatness!