Rick

10251 Brick Bank

Almost done...

Very impressive. Although I must admit, I personally prefer the uniform buildings with the same base area.

Look at my mod, a few posts earlier..you can see i left the laundromat where it was... it did make it 8 studs wider also! :sweet:

I missed that too - I think I am slow rather than the internet, though! Nice work!

Edited by Rick
Please don't quote images unnecessarily

Almost done...

Hello my friend, I was wondering if you did you any extra pieces beside two sets.

Edited by Rick
Please don't quote images unnecessarily!

Yes i did use extra parts.. i think plates especially, but not very special parts.. (somehow i cannot quote (at work) and i can't post pictures as well.... (also at work...at home it does function...)

Almost done...

Hey Mr. XL! you did it again!

Very nice work, I like that you have attached to the original building design with no major modifications. Only a couple of things: as I said in an earlier post, I think three windows on each side it's too much, it feels repetitive to me, I think two windows will be better in terms of size and appereance. But of course, If you do that you wouldn't be Mr. XL! :)

Another thing that bugs me it's the configuration of the doors and printed windows on the laundry. I think that a simetric configuration -printed windows and awnings on the sides and the two doors main entrance in the middle- works much better. I believe there's a mod few pages back that has done it this way that really looks so good.

Anyway, great work as always, dude! I'm eager to see it placed in your giant square.

Cheers!

Edited by Rick
Please don't quote images unnecessarily!

Haha...mr XL... You're right about the awnings and the door position of the Laundromat. I think i need another printed window and extra pieces for the awning! The mix of doors and printed windows was already bothering me...The three windows on each side gives the building some extra grandeur... and to be honest, i really like it, but that is just personal taste! I will soon place it in the square!!!

Thanks for your compliments!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Please use quotes appropriately. If there's nothing in particular you want to reply to and the post you're replying to is right above yours, it typically is not necessary to use the quote function. This applies especially to images. It it very rarely necessary to quote images. Quoting posts with images makes topics a lot less readable. So, please use quotes conservatively and avoid quoting images. Thank you! :classic:

One thing my wife noticed recently when I showed her the new modular, just the picture of it, was that it is really not easy to tell this is a bank from the outside, she thought it was a store or apartment building or something...so I tried to pull back and look objectively and she is right, for the most part it is really easy to tell what all the other modular buildings are from just looking at them until you get to the bank. I get that the eagle or whatever that is over the door is supposed to tell you, but if you had no idea this was a bank, you may not really know it is one.

One thing my wife noticed recently when I showed her the new modular, just the picture of it, was that it is really not easy to tell this is a bank from the outside, she thought it was a store or apartment building or something...so I tried to pull back and look objectively and she is right, for the most part it is really easy to tell what all the other modular buildings are from just looking at them until you get to the bank. I get that the eagle or whatever that is over the door is supposed to tell you, but if you had no idea this was a bank, you may not really know it is one.

I don't think that's necessarily the case when it comes to the other modular buildings... the Town Hall could just as easily be a library or even a bank itself. It's just a consequence of stately buildings like banks and government offices not always advertising their purpose in giant letters the way other businesses tend to. The laundromat section is far more obviously labeled.

Would this be a good set for someone new to Modulars to start with??

You should start with the Pet Shop because it's most at risk of being retired.

LegoSjaak: Really nice. I particularly like how you've changed most of the "brick with grille" parts into this "round brick with grille", as it looks much better at least in my eyes. I don't understand why the original design used the "brick with grille" part, as it looks way worse in the corners.

Thanks for your compliments! The reason why they did not use round bricks for the pillars is that round bricks do not fit very well to the modular that is put beside it.. So they started with square bricks where the BrickBank is attached to another modular.. then they also did the same with the side that fits to the laundromat-part. And to complete it..they had to do the same with the corner of the Bank... But i think that the round bricks look way better.. You've got eye for detail.. no-one else noticed so far... (Here you can see the round pillar on the edge!) 24047115120_1c7fd670ab.jpg

I don't think that's necessarily the case when it comes to the other modular buildings... the Town Hall could just as easily be a library or even a bank itself. It's just a consequence of stately buildings like banks and government offices not always advertising their purpose in giant letters the way other businesses tend to. The laundromat section is far more obviously labeled.

I even thought of putting ''BrickBank' above the entrance... it might even be looking not that bad... The white part could also be an old, exclusive shopping centre... especially with those skylights!!

Nice work, LegoSjaak.

The bank looks really stately. I'll change the corner pillar to a round one aswell, looks much better, even though it fucks up the symmetry a bit. But only having the grill effect on one side bothered me from the start when the first pictures came out.

LegoSjaak, absolute stunning, as always! I would prefer only one door and three printed windows on the laundromat tho ;) They normally only have one entrance/exit. Nitpick, i know..

LegoSjaak, absolute stunning, as always! I would prefer only one door and three printed windows on the laundromat tho ;) They normally only have one entrance/exit. Nitpick, i know..

Hey Chilis, thanks for your kind words...i'm almost blushing! There was another remark about the laundromat, and i was able to bricklink one printed stud n soda window....very happy with that! Also the awning will be added! For such a small laundromat are two doors way too much...i agree on that for sure....

You have beaten Jimmy the creator of this set with your nice MOD. :-)

All credits to Jimmy, i'm only changing it a bit here and there....that's all... :classic:

Nice work, LegoSjaak.

The bank looks really stately. I'll change the corner pillar to a round one aswell, looks much better, even though it fucks up the symmetry a bit. But only having the grill effect on one side bothered me from the start when the first pictures came out.

Roger, thanks...i admire your MOCs a lot....that is way more creative then what i am doing! Changing the square pillar to a round one was pretty obvious....i could try to change the other two square ones as well....see how that turnes out....

You might be able to just build and add a "$" sign somewhere?

Or add a vertical sign from the CityBank a few years ago.... It would look like the 'POOL' -sign from the Detectives Office modular from last year..... :laugh:

Yes i did use extra parts.. i think plates especially, but not very special parts.. (somehow i cannot quote (at work) and i can't post pictures as well.... (also at work...at home it does function...)

Really nice work. Love how the inside of the 2nd floor looks like. Is the middle area in the 2nd floor suppose to be where new account are opened? If it is, i like that feature very much.

Really nice work. Love how the inside of the 2nd floor looks like. Is the middle area in the 2nd floor suppose to be where new account are opened? If it is, i like that feature very much.

... thanks....and the middle area is indeed for new accounts.....and another 'playfeature' is that the armoured car can bring or get money through the backdoor..made a parkinglot there for the CityBank-armoured car...

... thanks....and the middle area is indeed for new accounts.....and another 'playfeature' is that the armoured car can bring or get money through the backdoor..made a parkinglot there for the CityBank-armoured car...

Cool. Really love the fact you added that those play features. The area to open new accounts was something that was definitely missing from the bank.

Here is a video of my XL version! (Maybe someone can deeplink this YouTube video here for me??)

Edited by LegoSjaak

Here is a video of my XL version! (Maybe someone can deeplink this YouTube video here for me??)

something like this? It's not really hard. Just remove the 's' from 'https'.