BrickJagger

Future Castle Sets?

I've found horses at the Flat Iron District store in NYC in late 2014, after searching all stores in Toronto and two others in NY. Filled 3 large cups with them and round 1x1 tiles, ending up with almost 60 horses and three bottles of tiles. Definitely worth it :-)

I found the old horse design in white a couple years ago on the PaB, just as the new horse design came out. Probably clearing old stock. I did pick up a number of them for nostalgia.

The old horses are still good if you are building up armies or displays of old factions. (Well, everything up to and including Kingdoms!) The old helmets & barding don't work on the new horses.

The old horses are still good if you are building up armies or displays of old factions. (Well, everything up to and including Kingdoms!) The old helmets & barding don't work on the new horses.

The old "horse helmets" don't fit (is there a special term for those things?), but the old barding does work with the new horse, as discussed here. The new horses were specifically designed to be backwards-compatible with the old barding.

Putting the barding on does mean you can't move the hind legs back to make it rear up or whatever, but then one can't do that with the old horses at all, with or without barding.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

The old "horse helmets" don't fit (is there a special term for those things?), but the old barding does work with the new horse, as discussed here. The new horses were specifically designed to be backwards-compatible with the old barding.

Putting the barding on does mean you can't move the hind legs back to make it rear up or whatever, but then one can't do that with the old horses at all, with or without barding.

Perhaps it is the other way around with the barding.

Speaking of animals, I'd love it if they put the goats up on Pick-A-Brick.

It'll never happen, but it would be fabulous. Maybe they could just put them in some new sets.

I'd probably even buy a moderately sized Nexo Knights set to get some. :oh:

I agree..goats, cows...something to help with the rural farm life. But I also mean in a more affordable set. I can't remember what the last set they were included in was. Even chickens aren't necessarily super cheap in the aftermarket (not horrible though). But not easy to come by.

New promo (Thanks Sci) in another thread http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=133047

I'm sure you'll be happy with this one, Black. :wink:

I'm super excited about this. After the similar Space and Pirates promos, I figured it was only a matter of time.

I agree..goats, cows...something to help with the rural farm life. But I also mean in a more affordable set. I can't remember what the last set they were included in was. Even chickens aren't necessarily super cheap in the aftermarket (not horrible though). But not easy to come by.

Mill Village Raid was the only set to include the goats. It was $70 (USD) at retail. I agree, a more affordable set with goats would be a must-have. A goat army-builder.

I'm super excited about this. After the similar Space and Pirates promos, I figured it was only a matter of time.

Same here. I wish I'd been able to get the Pirate one, but hopefully I'll get this one. I did at least get the Space one, I'm glad to say.

Mill Village Raid was the only set to include the goats. It was $70 (USD) at retail. I agree, a more affordable set with goats would be a must-have. A goat army-builder.

It would indeed. Actually, it would be great if they just sold packs of all sorts of animals on their own. I'm sorry I missed out on getting a slew of cheap horses when they were on PAB as discussed above (I meant to, but didn't get around to it in time), but there are tons of critters I'd love to get in quantity, for all kinds of themes.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

It definitely looks great—and a lot more authentic than last year's Pirates offering, which was pretty much classic in name only.

A goat army sounds terrifying! :laugh:

I don't know when it might be most likely to see goats again. Lego City hasn't had an active farm subtheme in several years, so it might be due for another. The Nexo Knights TV show has also shown traditional farm animals multiple times (along with several pastoral scenes), so it's possible that we could see goats there as well. As far as small sets with goats are concerned, though, I would expect it to be more likely in the former than the latter, since I doubt Nexo Knights would devote more than one or two sets to that sort of thing, and with that in mind I'd expect a mid-to-large size set like the Mill Village Raid itself.

Come to think of it, the goat is probably small enough to fit in a CMF pack like the pig that came with the recent farmer. If that were to happen, it'd probably be a great way to acquire multiple goats on a budget. Maybe we could see one with another farmer-type fig? Or perhaps a mountain climber?

Come to think of it, the goat is probably small enough to fit in a CMF pack like the pig that came with the recent farmer. If that were to happen, it'd probably be a great way to acquire multiple goats on a budget. Maybe we could see one with another farmer-type fig? Or perhaps a mountain climber?

There has been talk of a Shepherd or Goatherd minifigure in wishlists, and I'd love to see that as well. I didn't pick up too many Farmers, pigs only interest me so much and the minifigure himself was very plain. I would likely buy at least a couple more of a minifigure that comes with a goat.

SNL goat boy anyone? With a goat...

But seriously, yes I'd love more goats/animals also. Are there chickens in Nexo Knights? I noticed the small Robin character has a chicken for a shield emblem.

SNL goat boy anyone? With a goat...

But seriously, yes I'd love more goats/animals also. Are there chickens in Nexo Knights? I noticed the small Robin character has a chicken for a shield emblem.

I know the TV show has had pigs and cows. I can't remember if there have been chickens, though. It probably doesn't matter, since if we did get sort of farm or village set I would be surprised if the specific animals that had appeared in the show would be a huge consideration as to whether they could be included in the set.

Edited by Lyichir

For anyone interested, pictures of the D2C Disney Castle are floating around under #legodisney on Instagram. It's a very useful set for Castle builders, I should think. :classic:

For anyone interested, pictures of the D2C Disney Castle are floating around under #legodisney on Instagram. It's a very useful set for Castle builders, I should think. :classic:

Do you have a link? I don't have an acount on any social media apart from Flickr...

If that is really the set, it looks awesome. Not $400 awesome, but awesome nonetheless. plus I don't need more Mickey/Donald/etc figures, so likely an easy pass.

From what I've seen, it's a beautiful castle. Too bad it's not Castle themed. That would be even better.

So that's how TLG is making up for nexo Knights. I think I'll have three...

Edit: there is an article about the set with images on TBB.

Edited by BrickCurve

No longer a leak! *removed link* so that's how TLG is making up for nexo Knights. I think I'll have three...

Those are still the leaked photos, not sure I'd link to them. :wink:

It's an excellent set for sure. I wasn't expecting that much detail, and the sheer size of it alone is mind boggling.

Edited by BrickJagger

Those are still the leaked photos, not sure I'd link to them. :wink:

It's an excellent set for sure. I wasn't expecting that much detail, and the sheer size of it alone is mind boggling.

I assumed that because TBB had posted them it was no longer a leak. Oops. I will edit that post then.

Does anyone think Lego will ever consider picking up the license for DreamWorks' How to Train Your Dragon, perhaps by the time the franchise's final film releases in 2019? You see, I think it's not that out-of-the-question, as the third movie will be distributed by Universal Pictures, unlike the last two which were instead distributed by 20th Century Fox. Also, it was rumored a little while ago that the franchise was being considered for the third year of Lego Dimensions, suggesting a partnership could (or can) have been easily within reach for TLG.

Such a licensed theme just may be of interest to fans of historical themes, giving us some fair, passable Viking themed sets. If you put it this way, the theme could be to Lego's 2005 Vikings theme what the 2013 Lone Ranger theme was to Lego's 1996 Western theme. :shrug_oh_well:

I guess it's possible, but I would much rather see a Castle theme.  That said, it would probably provide a decent number of useful minifigure parts and other pieces.  Other builders might be into the dragons, which I would assume to be brick built.