BrickJagger

Future Castle Sets?

2 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

I do not expect another black falcon castle for a long, long time. I mean, come on: we just had the second largest castle ever in the mountain fortress, and we still have the 3 in 1 falcon castle. I reccomend bricklink'n the pieces you are lacking for the mountain fortress, it is a good build and looks fantastic.

I tried looking for a part list but didn’t find it. Would gladly build it!

7 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

31120 is far too small and mountain fortress was hard to get.

I'm planning to buy a second 3in1 castle and combine it with my first, I've found a mod on Rebrickable that I like for it, but I may try to just mod it myself and save 10 bucks. I actually prefer it to the Mountain Fortress because I'm casting the Black Falcons as the less resource rich faction.

I plan on buying the new Medieval Town Square in order to have a village with the 3in1 double-up. I like the set, but the tavern looks a little funky so I think I will eventually mod it into two buildings. 

I think both the Medieval Blacksmith and the LKC were aimed at adults. The latter to scratch that itch you couldn't scratch as a kid; the former because you're an adult interested in more detail now. I mostly bought the former for the extra black falcon troops for the 3in1. The LKC I bought to expand my castle world. 

8 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

I do not expect another black falcon castle for a long, long time. I mean, come on: we just had the second largest castle ever in the mountain fortress, and we still have the 3 in 1 falcon castle. I reccomend bricklink'n the pieces you are lacking for the mountain fortress, it is a good build and looks fantastic.

Don't think MF would matter much for Lego's own plans - the 30k copies were nowhere near meeting the demand, and if anything seeing how quickly the set sold out will only encourage the company to make their own take. Which I'd gladly see, since I'm not in the mood to pay a scalpel premium on the Fortress.

I can only hope "their own take" on a castle would involve another fiefdom like the black knights. The minifigs there were kinda unique in that they didn't use a clear sigil on their torso's, making them usable for other factions if you discarded the shields.
And the color scheme of their castle back in the day was just so good.

On 2/28/2024 at 3:40 PM, Gkaiser100 said:

I'm planning to buy a second 3in1 castle

Wait, second? is 20 not the normal number of sets to have for the 3in1 castle? But seriously, decent set to have some extras of, i got lucky in some sales and really did go overboard 

2 hours ago, Ixen Darastrix said:

Wait, second? is 20 not the normal number of sets to have for the 3in1 castle? But seriously, decent set to have some extras of, i got lucky in some sales and really did go overboard 

20 would be nearly double the yearly budget I've designated for Lego. Gotta save some money for a house to put the table in.

I spend far too much on Lego. I deliberately didn’t get into Star Wars Lego because it’s just an endless money pit. Castle, pirates and space for nostalgia, and the modular buildings as they’re what pulled me out of my dark age. But castle has a special place in my heart. Unless it’s absolutely terrible I’ll try and buy every castle set they release. 

On 2/27/2024 at 4:51 PM, kuzyabricks said:

You guys are boring. The more play features the better!! I don’t want a boring 4500+ piece set without any fun or charm in it

That’s pretty rude to say out here…

I love 18+ sets because some of them don’t have stickers, more detailed, and have play features. For example, I collect Modular Buildings and i use my imgination to play wiht them. I would do with Galaxy Explorer or Lion Knights’ Castle myself (even tho I don’t have castle yet). Playsets are little bit basic but i still enjoy them anyways. 

Now thank you for thinking that we are boring…

11 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

While you wait for your mountain fortress to ship...

330x220p.jpg

330x220p.jpg

BDP 5 entry?

On 3/1/2024 at 4:35 AM, Follows Closely said:

Getting a fourth 3in1 castle is a bit beyond the line for me. I already have the Viking Village purchased. After that it's a slew of sets to make the post-apocalyptic fantasy world I'm making a layout of. 

A third may be to big an ask, but I'll probably be able to balance it in.

On 3/1/2024 at 10:51 AM, GeoBrick said:

BDP 5 entry?

very nice, but a hefty price tag unless you can get 4x the castle for a low price

True that. Even the Mountain Fortress didn't cost four 3in1 castles.

22 minutes ago, unclejeffie said:

very nice, but a hefty price tag unless you can get 4x the castle for a low price

Is that even likely in this day and age? On my local market even used ones don't tend to be hugely discounted...

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Cyprinus said:

Is that even likely in this day and age? On my local market even used ones don't tend to be hugely discounted...

Yeah 3-in-1 Castle seems semi-exclusive here too, never saw it widely sold, so the price never got big discount in the 3 years it's been around.

Looking online in my country, the current lowest price is €95, so actually LEGO.com would give more benefits in case a GWP, I mean €100 does give €5 discount via Insider points anyway.

Edited by TeriXeri

I have yet to get a single copy :D was on a lego hiatus since... 2001 or so, got back into it in 2022, buying the Blacksmith. Later came the Lion Castle, both would make the 3-in-1 look like a poor relative, so I kinda skipped it. I like a few mocs of it, but they want 3 or 4 copies, so probably won't happen anytime soon (not enough room and money to bother).

6 hours ago, Cyprinus said:

I have yet to get a single copy :D was on a lego hiatus since... 2001 or so, got back into it in 2022, buying the Blacksmith. Later came the Lion Castle, both would make the 3-in-1 look like a poor relative, so I kinda skipped it. I like a few mocs of it, but they want 3 or 4 copies, so probably won't happen anytime soon (not enough room and money to bother).

The Creator castle gets a bad rap. Aside from the meager minifig selection, the builds are actually pretty great, and make for a unique look with nice techniques.