kelceycoe

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Discussion

I ordered mine just after midnight and received a shipping email for it on Monday but the tracking info hasn't been updated since then so not sure if it has actually been shipped.

I ordered this and the BB on Jan 1st got shipping confirmations for both orders Sunday night. FedEx showed on Monday only shipping info was received but was expected to ship then. They did not they sat in limbo till Tuesday evening when one showed as picked up and arrived at origin the other one either was not scanned in or was on a separate truck cause it took a few more hours to show up. Then they sat at origin till this evening (They were suppose to be here today). Now both are in transit to me for delivery tomorrow! I hate the waiting always think they are over in the hub putting my sets together.... Hahaha

They could make a Vigo "painting" that's brick built and has a spot for Vigo the minifig! And an amber or red light brick to make it glow. But I also think that we'll see more sets from the orginal 2 movies :)

Edited by redtrooper27

That was fast, but I mean besides the new movie.

We're also getting a Level Pack and two Fun Packs for LEGO Dimensions.

I ordered this and the BB on Jan 1st got shipping confirmations for both orders Sunday night. FedEx showed on Monday only shipping info was received but was expected to ship then. They did not they sat in limbo till Tuesday evening when one showed as picked up and arrived at origin the other one either was not scanned in or was on a separate truck cause it took a few more hours to show up. Then they sat at origin till this evening (They were suppose to be here today). Now both are in transit to me for delivery tomorrow! I hate the waiting always think they are over in the hub putting my sets together.... Hahaha

Tracking info was updating today saying my parcel is at my local depot so I expect delivery later today or tomorrow, feel bad for those that ordered at the same time yet are still sat in the warehouse.

Update: Just received a text message saying my set is out for delivery today :)

Edited by Andyperkins

I would like to see:

-Large Stay Puft

-Rooftop battle set with Zuul

-Museum with Vigo

My dream would be to get a Real Ghostbusters Ecto 1 with the guys in their Animated suits and blue proton packs.

Just got home from the LEGO Store with mine. They gave away a Nexo Knight figure (meh...).

The box is thinner than expected. I don't mean depth, but the thinness of the cardboard. For how heavy and big it is, the cardboard should have been more heavy duty. The bottom is a bit crushed in a few corners. Not REAL bad, more of pushed in and well creased. I doubt anything is damage at all. However, it wouldn't have happened if the box was thicker like it should have been.

Just got home from the LEGO Store with mine. They gave away a Nexo Knight figure (meh...).

The box is thinner than expected. I don't mean depth, but the thinness of the cardboard. For how heavy and big it is, the cardboard should have been more heavy duty. The bottom is a bit crushed in a few corners. Not REAL bad, more of pushed in and well creased. I doubt anything is damage at all. However, it wouldn't have happened if the box was thicker like it should have been.

I picked up mine today too and noticed the same thing about the box. Thinner cardboard = lower packaging costs.

Thinner cardboard = lower packaging costs.

Well, of course it does. Thinner or less quality product will always mean lower costs. But it doesn't mean it is something that should be done.

But it doesn't mean it is something that should be done.

I think it is something that we are going to continue to see. Just look at the instruction manuals, they all seem to be tightly wrapped these days and they have done away with the cardboard backing.

I think it is something that we are going to continue to see. Just look at the instruction manuals, they all seem to be tightly wrapped these days and they have done away with the cardboard backing.

Possibly. But my point still stands in it isn't something we should be happy with or be quiet about it when we are given lesser quality. If we never say anything, then nothing will definitely ever be done.

And the manual for my GBHQ did come with the cardboard backing, btw.

Possibly. But my point still stands in it isn't something we should be happy with or be quiet about it when we are given lesser quality. If we never say anything, then nothing will definitely ever be done.

And the manual for my GBHQ did come with the cardboard backing, btw.

I haven't opened mine yet but that is nice to hear.

I agree that lesser quality is not something we need to be happy about but it's probably the new norm. If Lego can reduce the thickness and dimensional size of boxes without damaging the overall quality too much they are going to do so to cut cost and increase profit. It would be nice if the cost savings were passed to us in the form of lower or flat set prices but that is another topic :classic:

Yes, I do understand reasoning on why it is being done. It is a business and they are trying to minimize costs as much as possible and in turn increase the profit margin.

But whether it is the new ‘norm’ or not, I really don’t feel that is applicable. It’s almost like saying “You should just accept it is lesser quality and not say anything, because everything is not as good anymore.” I feel it is our right, and responsibility, to point out when we are not happy with product, or the lessening quality of it. If we (the consumer) don’t bring it up, no one else will.

That said, if LEGO is going to lessen anything on their sets, it is better making the box slightly thinner, instead of using cheaper plastic for the pieces. As long as the thinning doesn’t affect the product ‘inside’ the box.

But I will say I would rather pay a little bit more to keep a good, durable (and thicker) box.

Although this box is amazing, I never understood all the fuss. I never really keep boxes (for what purpose?) and once the bags are out, the box has served its purpose.

Although this box is amazing, I never understood all the fuss. I never really keep boxes (for what purpose?) and once the bags are out, the box has served its purpose.

Collectors keep boxes. I know I do. It's all about misb for me even buying older sets.

I usually keep boxes for larger sets like this. Smaller ones I could care less, but bigger ones like this are important.

What are the chances of this set being sold out soon? I'm trying to decide on whether to save the money for this or a UCS Star Wars set...

I'm gonna ask a really stupid question... I have never seen Ghostbusters. My parents didn't let me watch it as a kid (long story) and I've not gotten around to it in the 21 years of my life.

Is this set worth buying as a non-fan, just for a fun set? The minifigs look great but I have a nagging feeling I wouldn't get enjoyment out of it as some seem to be getting.

Well, more Ghostbusters sets are on the way. Can someone unlock the Female Ghostbusters thread speculation thread?

No, there's already a thread.

I'd say it's great for a non-fan as much as a huge fan like myself. I'm currently saving up for this since I already own the Ecto-1, may as well give it a home.

Lots of great pieces, minifig parts (Dana for instance) and I bet you could convert the firehouse to a generic one once you take out the Ghostbusters bits (Vigo photos for instance)

I'm gonna ask a really stupid question... I have never seen Ghostbusters. My parents didn't let me watch it as a kid (long story) and I've not gotten around to it in the 21 years of my life.

Is this set worth buying as a non-fan, just for a fun set? The minifigs look great but I have a nagging feeling I wouldn't get enjoyment out of it as some seem to be getting.

Wait, wait, wait... wha? Ok, so first go rent Ghostbusters. Actually, no, go buy Ghostbusters because you will love it and want to own it after seeing it. And Ghostbusters 2. Probably won't love that one as much, but still. If you've ever thought 80s era comedy was good, you need to see these movies. If you even remotely think Bill Murray is funny, you need to see these movies.

As for the set, I definitely think there's tons of value. If you never intend on seeing Ghostbusters and don't care at all about it, you can always sell the minifigures for probably ridiculous amounts. I don't know off-hand, but I'd say all of them combined could knock off close to $100. Then you're getting a super great modular for way cheap.

But, go watch the movies. I can't believe you've been around this long and have not already. Why are you still reading this post...?

Wait, wait, wait... wha? Ok, so first go rent Ghostbusters. Actually, no, go buy Ghostbusters because you will love it and want to own it after seeing it. And Ghostbusters 2. Probably won't love that one as much, but still. If you've ever thought 80s era comedy was good, you need to see these movies. If you even remotely think Bill Murray is funny, you need to see these movies.

As for the set, I definitely think there's tons of value. If you never intend on seeing Ghostbusters and don't care at all about it, you can always sell the minifigures for probably ridiculous amounts. I don't know off-hand, but I'd say all of them combined could knock off close to $100. Then you're getting a super great modular for way cheap.

But, go watch the movies. I can't believe you've been around this long and have not already. Why are you still reading this post...?

Just so you know, I paused reading your post after the third sentence, opened iTunes, and bought it. Just waiting for it to download. And in terms of the set, I'm ridiculously tempted by it regardless of whether I enjoy the film or not - it's an absolutely gorgeous looking set.

Any idea how long it will be before it's retired?