kelceycoe

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Discussion

Thought I had a piece missing but turns out it was in an unnumbered bag I had misplaced when unpacking.

I am opening bags for one number at a time. So there was no chance to misplace parts :(

Just finished mine yesterday, it's great. Definitely worth the money in my opinion.

Only (minor) gripe that I wish the Ecto-1 fit, as others have previously stated.

I strongly believe that it will be available for more than Tumbler as it attracts both GB and modular building fans. But no one can be 100% sure.

Regarding the quality of the box - those of you, who already got the set must have noticed that it has nice glossy finish. It also does not seem to be a lot thinner (if it is at all) than e.g. Detective Office's box. I think that the argument, that TLG cuts costs of packaging is not quite valid.

Just picked this up. The box quality may be similar to very recent sets, but just compared to my boxes for the Sea Cow and Helicarrier and it's definitely lesser quality. Yes, it may have a glossy finish, but the thickness of the box for my other two large sets is much much

sturdier.

I am opening bags for one number at a time. So there was no chance to misplace parts :(

Some sections needs parts not contained within the numbered bags though, that is where a bit of confusion can arise.

Some sections needs parts not contained within the numbered bags though, that is where a bit of confusion can arise.

It is hard to believe that in case of such a big set TLG would expect anyone to open different bags that those that are specified in the instruction...

It is hard to believe that in case of such a big set TLG would expect anyone to open different bags that those that are specified in the instruction...

It's quite common for sets with bag numbers to have large/special parts an unnumbered bag that might be needed at any step. I'm hard pressed to think of a large set that isn't that way.

It's quite common for sets with bag numbers to have large/special parts an unnumbered bag that might be needed at any step. I'm hard pressed to think of a large set that isn't that way.

Really? I've never come across that. Any unnumbered bags are usually just giant building plates, which are most often loose in the box,

Unnumbered bags contain only beams and plates - and I am missing one black window frame piece and one 1x2x2 brown wall element

Finished the first box (numbered bags 1-3) and am amazed at how great even just the first floor looks all by itself. I've never built any of the modulars before so some of the techniques used that are familiar to others were new to me. I did get a little confused with the 1x2 small plates that are attached to the top of the windows and had to go back and fix that section when I was scratching my head trying to line up the rail pieces that go on top.

Only nitpick so far is the use of stickers for pieces that I think should have been printed such as the 'firehouse' sticker in the front. Would have like to have been a nice printed tile. Would have liked to have had the ghostbuster logo tiles printed as well.

Finally, anyone notice that in the box art/manual cover that the stickers are crooked such as the 'one way' sticker, the tiny sticker to the right of the main door, and the locker name stickers. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

9F7C3165-1BA3-439C-A68B-8E5057F04FC9_zps98eciitm.jpg

Here's my custom slime blower build if any of you want to incorporate it in your Lego GB universe.

THis would be perfect for my GB2 Ecto im creating. Do you have a parts list?

87B3C5AB-9F2E-4F33-BC1B-746C3BEC86FF_zpszn1gfwyj.jpg

The piece that connects the tanks to the nozzle is the welding torch. To the right I included an alternate main gray tank build, in case you don't have the one on the left. I've used both methods. Also, I used the yellow grill here, but you could use the striped 1x2 plates that come with the HQ's traps.

The box for the set, Black Seas arracuda in 1989 was paper thin. An inside cardboard tray box held the bags and manual. Those were the best box systems. I hate these heavy and bulky boxes of today.

87B3C5AB-9F2E-4F33-BC1B-746C3BEC86FF_zpszn1gfwyj.jpg

The piece that connects the tanks to the nozzle is the welding torch. To the right I included an alternate main gray tank build, in case you don't have the one on the left. I've used both methods. Also, I used the yellow grill here, but you could use the striped 1x2 plates that come with the HQ's traps.

I need to go and buy four of everything now!!

I think making the center cylinder taller and the side ones smaller might look more accurate.

I think the sides are good as is. I would raise the middle by adding one light grey stud below the lever base.

Also, welcome to Eurobricks Brick Moranis! I'm a huge fan of your other Lego GB stuff over on the GBFans forum.

I need to go and buy four of everything now!!

Or just 2, only Ray and Winston had them in GB2.

@ Blueberry Waffles - Thanks! It's cool you recognized me.

Edited by Brick Moranis

It's so good that I'll die if I don't get it

Wow. This is a tragedy. LEGO is literally killing it's fans. What a criminal development for the world's largest toy company.

Wow. This is a tragedy. LEGO is literally killing it's fans. What a criminal development for the world's largest toy company.

They have their secrets :wink:

Edited by legonerd54321

The usual people missing parts ha ha they lose them. I'm a long time buying sets and never had a missing part.

Should I prioritise picking up Ecto-1 before I buy the Firehouse?

I would say yes. It'll retire quicker and if you end up buying the house the Ecto-1 is a must. :laugh:

The usual people missing parts ha ha they lose them. I'm a long time buying sets and never had a missing part.

I don't believe Slimer's arms are meant to be assembled. I'm sure they can be removed, but they're not meant to be. Anyone able to confirm this?