Hello everybody, I'm back! :D

Sorry it took so long, but I've been spending quite a bit of time in the Commonwealth lately. (That and I was ill for a couple of days :( )

This is the body so far:

progress4.png

What happened?

Well, for starters, I received the cement mixer parts in yellow, and they were small. As in *really* smaller.

Not the correct part. But I should have known this, since for my apartment I watched the making of, and the movie was designed using LDD.

Never considered that. However, since it *had* to be in there, I searched for the same size in the tool, and now I got the correct one!

So that mystery has finally been solved.

Bad part about it is that this other part is not available in yellow :(

This bummed me out a bit and it took quite a while before I wanted to continue.

I currenly have 20 of those huge yellow slopes, new condition :D Was very lucky someone on bricklink had 20 new ones lying around.

That, next two 2 sticker sheets for the cement mixers, a hundred of those black tank tracks (I just love it in black), and some bits and pieces.

Stay tuned for a real build, but keep in mind that will take at least half a year to complete. (4000 parts estimation, 10 cents per part on average means 400euro/dollar :| )

Not too much progress unfortunately. I finally managed to make sure the bottom parts of the side as strong as reasonly possible, and I spent literally hours watching through my slow-motion videos to make sure the head is tilted at the right andle, and is at the correct position.

And I am still not sure if it's correct. And it needs to be if I am going to create attachment points using the technic bricks with holes.

The middle offset issue has been resolved as well. I finally found some footage of the connection in a closup (with the micromanagers), so there was no offset :)

The rollcage is nearly complete, but it's getting increasingly hard.

The roof has these hinge plates and at the end are the yellow cheese slopes but they are at a small offset. In the closeup you can see 4 of the underneath it (above Emmet's head), and two offsetted, one plate down, plates right and left of those 4 hinge plates.

I am completely stuck here. As you guys can see in the image, I am now marking things red and blue before finalizing.

A bit of help would be appreciated :D

Lastly, the sides are still not connected to the center to make a 3 piece (or rather 4 piece considering the back) design. This is because of the connection to the hips. I took a look at the underneath shots (rare as they are, too bad the foot is right in the way in the 360 part)

It looks like a huge yellow technic bracket. As if it's 1 part. This is probably next on the list to figuring out. When that part is in place, and the connection is working, the body can be finalized.

So, am curious to see how we'll end up. :)

Would love to submit this to ideas as a co-pro, even if it's not going to make it, it would be a cool statement :D (And this one, I think it's bound to get some attention sooner or later)

On your progression as what to continue on next, I am totally in favor of the western sets :) The saloon would be awesome! :D

That all said, here is the LDD file : http://www.tribalrag...ech_body_v8.lxf

*snip*

Some great progress. :sweet::thumbup: Really awesome to see it coming together.

On your progression as what to continue on next, I am totally in favor of the western sets :) The saloon would be awesome! :D

Ooh, ooh - don't forget Vitruvious's Escher-style apartment. :thumbup: That would be incredible to see in brick form.

Lookin' good! Could this be the part you're looking for (47507):

23206581121_ffe6750462_z.jpg

I'll take a closer look at the roof and let you know if I figure anything out.

If you feel like submitting this when we're done, feel free. How would we present it, as a "LEGO Movie UCS"? :-P

Edited by Xon67

Blackstar, great job! This looks amazing! I wish I was good at LDD so I could collaborate, but I'm not, so I can't.

I feel kind of bad just watching, and not helping, but it's all I can do. Computers confuse me. Bricks make me happy. Computerized bricks are fun, but very very hard!

Oh well, corn dogs for Thanksgiving, I suppose.

Computers confuse me. Bricks make me happy. Computerized bricks are fun, but very very hard!

This brought a smile to my face :) Such a quirky sentence :classic:

I am following with intense awe and a huge urge being held back not to order parts for this until I've seen you have done it as I don't want to take anything away from you, but I do look forward to the opportunity to make one myself! I also feel bad for following, but at the same time, am excruciatingly eager in anticipation for each progressive step forward that you guys make as it looks absolutely brilliant with each step forward.

I look forward to further progress, and hugely appreciate the LDD file sharing :)

Vitruvius: It's the Christmas season, everyone!

Unikitty: What's everybody wanna do?

Emmet: Can't we build somthin'?

Wyld Style: We could build a Christmas tree!

Batman: A BAT Christmas tree (patent pending).

Benny: Like a big, green spaceship!

Emmet: But, ya can't build all of them, at once...

Wyld Style, Batman, Benny, Unikitty, Vitruvius (together): Ready? Break!

Emmet: Okay...

Benny: I need a space dog, a space cat, space chairs, space shelves, uh... I think there's some space food; astronaut ice cream, we've astronaut milk... Sh-uh, shelves--did I say shelves?

Batman: I need more black parts over here!

Emmet: Does anybody know what this is, and do you need it? Just tell me exactly what to do... and how to do it...

22898410710_8baed3a900_c.jpg

22980644309_23ac5abd14_c.jpg

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Edited by Xon67

Hey Actor Builder--remember the rule I 'made up': "Rule # 24: Don't play in the street!"? Well, look what I found:

22775105463_ca4337209e_b.jpg

What a great job Xon67! Thanks for sharing!

You must know the LEGO movie by heart!

You've done an amazing job! And it's fun to see how the movie makers used some "regular" sets in the movie, with some modifications. It's relly instructive.

If you have some instructions or a better view of the Kebab stand, I'm here!

What a great job Xon67! Thanks for sharing!

If you have some instructions or a better view of the Kebab stand, I'm here!

I second both movements.

Although I think he already did Bob's Kebabs...I'm probably mistaken.

Hi alex54, thanks for the comment! As much as I may know the LEGO Movie, I still find new things when I watch it. It has a lot going on in it.

There's a link to an LDD file for Bob's Kabobs at the top of page 4 of this topic. It's a file that someone else posted and it's very accurate. If you build it, it would be great to see some pictures of it!

Hi alex54, thanks for the comment! As much as I may know the LEGO Movie, I still find new things when I watch it. It has a lot going on in it.

There's a link to an LDD file for Bob's Kabobs at the top of page 4 of this topic. It's a file that someone else posted and it's very accurate. If you build it, it would be great to see some pictures of it!

I will try to build it, and share it here. Thanks for the link!

I understand thate the more you see the movie, the more new things to buid come in mind!

I have the movie in dvd and started to make some print screan on my PC to see the detail in a better way. Because at the theater, it was impossible to look at the "actors" and to see all the nice background.

And you've made this work of encyclopedy here!

My gration, this is looking amazing!

I am very excited by this prospect.

As I've said, I'm no good on LDD, but is there a parts list portion of LDD, to make it easy to know which pieces to purchase, or no?

I'm assuming no, but that would stink so I'm hopeful. In vain probably, but hopeful.

Edited by Actor Builder

Yup. LDD lets you export a Bill of Materials to a spreadsheet with the part name, picture, part number, color, and quantity. It's handy like that...

That makes me happy. I will certainly try to build Emmet's Mech when you guys have finished having your fun. :)

Oh, do you have an LDD file for the LEGO MOVIE logo model?

I would LOOOOOOVE this!

Me TOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, that makes three people requesting it. Me, kibosh, and Actor Builder.

You should probably get to work. :grin:

Edited by Actor Builder

Well, it is the Christmas season. Let's see what shows up on Christmas.

Love checking in on this thread! If you ever want to try something from another theme - the Lego Scooby Doo cartoon Knight Time Terror episode has a really cool looking Mystery Mansion that would make a great build!

Well, it is the Christmas season. Let's see what shows up on Christmas.

Haha! I'll be here! And elsewhere...The internet is weird like that.

Thanks for checking in, lostdriveway! Is the mansion in the episode different than the official LEGO Scooby Doo mansion set?

Thanks for checking in, lostdriveway! Is the mansion in the episode different than the official LEGO Scooby Doo mansion set?

Yes it's different same colour scheme and similar design but probably the size of 2-3 modulars. I'll try and post some screen shots later.

So, I start to work on the real brick version of this Kabob stand.

After a look at this LDD file, it seems that the way it's build is not possible. In fact, the two rounded pieces on front of the stand are connected that way :

kl.jpg

I have put them in trans colour to show that it's not possible. And I don't know how LLD permits such a thing, because other time, this software doesn't allow us to make some impossible bricks combinations...

By the way, I will post some pics of the stand in few days.