legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

So from what I read in the last comments I reason that the 5373 Knight Catapult set was never available, is not available and won't be available, am I right?

If so this is really a pity since - like you already mentioned, ptdapen - this set would include another different knight and some different weapons. :cry_sad:

In general I have the impression that TLG abandons the great Impulse sets (which you can see at the already confirmed Impulse sets for the first half of 2009 - no Castle Impulse set and only one City Impulse set). :thumbdown:

Klaus-Dieter

So from what I read in the last comments I reason that the 5373 Knight Catapult set was never available, is not available and won't be available, am I right?

If so this is really a pity since - like you already mentioned, ptdapen - this set would include another different knight and some different weapons. :cry_sad:

In general I have the impression that TLG abandons the great Impulse sets (which you can see at the already confirmed Impulse sets for the first half of 2009 - no Castle Impulse set and only one City Impulse set). :thumbdown:

Klaus-Dieter

Don't worry, I'm sure more sets will turn up :wink: 09 isnt here yet

That would be a pity. Trouble is, the 2009 list that's been around for a while includes 6 (six) Bionicle Impulse sets. I hope they didn't trade City for Bionicle, because that would be a shame, IMHO.

Edited by The Cobra

Whoa! Easy there.

I doubt TLG is abandoning anything.

I think that the release of the new wave of Castle sets (be that regular or impulse) are to be released next summer.

Hence we've got nothing on what we're getting.

Stay cool people - Castle and impulse sets are far from dead yet :wink:

So what ever happen to the Elves?

Let's wait patiently until someone confirm a leak source for next year Castle's theme. :devil:

That would be a pity. Trouble is, the 2009 list that's been around for a while includes 6 (six) Bionicle Impulse sets. I hope they didn't trade City for Bionicle, because that would be a shame, IMHO.

The Bionicle impulses are just the smaller sets we have had since 2003 so no worries.

Very looking forward to the Evles, Hope they have good hair pieces

This morning I had an idea of a possible 2009 Castle set which - after my knowledge - hasn't been mentioned here before:

Since there will be this City Minifigure Collection in January I thought that it might be possible that we're getting something similar to thgat for Castle, too. Perhaps like following:

-a king's soldier

-a dwarf

-a little orc

-an elf

-a horse with saddle

-some weaponry

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

I think it would be great! But figures must come disassembled, like in the 80s and 90s, not like those Knights and Skeletons battle packs!

I am not a fan of the Battle Packs previously released for the new Castle theme.

I would love to see a mixed minifig pack as mentioned by Klaus-Dieter.

Let's start crossing our fingers :classic:

I totally agree with you, The Cobra and KimT!

Minifig BPs are really cool and a very good possibility to get lots of minifigs. But there have to be at least two different minifigure characters included in these BPs - otherwise Impulse sets are better. :wink: (I posted a topic about the minifigure selection for SW BPs in the SW forum some months ago - and the result was clear: The majority voted for that there should be almost one captain/commander/sergeant/... If you do a poll like this one for the Castle theme I bet that the result would be the same.)

Klaus-Dieter

I was thinking(how unusual :tongue: ) that we are pretty much sure that the good people are gonna be elves but I wonder what the baddies are gonna be? I really hope TLG make it something like dragon warriors or something, that would be sweet :sweet: Just think of all the possibilities! Dragon riders and mayby a dragon cave or fortress?

What do you guys think?

so my idea why theres no january castles sets is because its a summer theme it started in june/august 2007 and the newer wave came june/august 2008 so next august we will see some of the wonderful castle sets . there will be a couple odd sets in bettween

I agreed with Black Rabbit. No need to be panic. I am sure we will see some pics soon in the midst of October, quoted by LegoMilk. Whether its Elves or something new, as long it's still stick with the current Castle Fantasy theme, it can't be that far worse that KK era. :classic:

[crosses fingers for the water-based fraction in the upper corner of the Castle poster]

Yeah, we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm pretty sure it's normal though.

No need for TLG to release every set from every theme in January.

What would people buy the remainder of the year?

When something isn't new anymore, then it has lost it's value as a new and interesting toy.

That's why releases are scattered throughout the year.

Castle will come mid year 2009.

I was thinking(how unusual :tongue: ) that we are pretty much sure that the good people are gonna be elves but I wonder what the baddies are gonna be? I really hope TLG make it something like dragon warriors or something, that would be sweet :sweet: Just think of all the possibilities! Dragon riders and mayby a dragon cave or fortress?

What do you guys think?

I think that both might be possible, hollisbrick:

We might get elves as a good fraction (then having last year's trolls as counterpart) or we might get them as evil fraction (with the dwarves or the king's knights as counterpart). A bit more supposable it seems to be them good creatures. But I'm not sure about whether TLG will go on with orcs/skelettons including in these sets then. I really don't know. The general question is even if TLG will continue new Castle sets with king's soldiers.

Did you already think about some forestmen as good fraction which are attaced by the elves as an evil fraction? Of course your idea of some dragon knights sounds realistic, too. But we did only see an elf on this picture. So possible there won't be a new counterpart to the elves.

In any case I have no preference in this profuse fantasy "Castle" line. (I bought some of this duell sets because of the horses, some of the Impulse sets (the knight and the good wizzard) because they are really nice and fit even with older Castle themes. And I'll of course buy the advent calendar because of the jester, the medieval maiden, the witch and some nice accessory - but that's it of the whole new "Castle" theme until now.)

The only thing which I wish for next year is a king's archer Impulse set and again an advent calendar with a lot of nice stuff and medieval minifigs. And if there is a "Castle" minifig collection set (like the confirmed great one in the City theme) then I'd buy it if it included a medieval citizen with a hayfork.

Klaus-Dieter

What do you guys think?

Ahem!

Who said elves are good?

They're tree-huggin-hippies for all I care and thus considered bad in my realm. :grin:

How are my armies to make vehicles of war, when the pesky elves are disrupting the cutting down of the woods with their tiny arrows and annoying magic? :angry:

*Referring to a further up KimT post*

Hey, that's a great idea, I'd never thought of a water based faction, that would be sweet. But what would it be? I'm thinking mermaids or fishmen or something.

Speaking of set design, I just bought the Dwarfsmine Defense the other day and I hope that next years set has a cheaper army builder like the Crossbow Attack, as that was a much better price to get loads of figs with.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

And if there is a "Castle" minifig collection set (like the confirmed great one in the City theme) then I'd buy it if it included a medieval citizen with a hayfork.

Klaus-Dieter

Just what I was thinking!

:thumbup:

Ahem!

Who said elves are good?

They're tree-huggin-hippies for all I care and thus considered bad in my realm. :grin:

How are my armies to make vehicles of war, when the pesky elves are disrupting the cutting down of the woods with their tiny arrows and annoying magic? :angry:

Hm...I see your umm.. point :grin: I'm not a big fan of elves either but I am a fan of their magic muchrooms :tongue:

Anyway, I think they will be the goodies because they are on the good side of the realm. :sceptic:

I think that both might be possible, hollisbrick:

We might get elves as a good fraction (then having last year's trolls as counterpart) or we might get them as evil fraction (with the dwarves or the king's knights as counterpart). A bit more supposable it seems to be them good creatures. But I'm not sure about whether TLG will go on with orcs/skelettons including in these sets then. I really don't know. The general question is even if TLG will continue new Castle sets with king's soldiers.

Did you already think about some forestmen as good fraction which are attaced by the elves as an evil fraction? Of course your idea of some dragon knights sounds realistic, too. But we did only see an elf on this picture. So possible there won't be a new counterpart to the elves.

In any case I have no preference in this profuse fantasy "Castle" line. (I bought some of this duell sets because of the horses, some of the Impulse sets (the knight and the good wizzard) because they are really nice and fit even with older Castle themes. And I'll of course buy the advent calendar because of the jester, the medieval maiden, the witch and some nice accessory - but that's it of the whole new "Castle" theme until now.)

The only thing which I wish for next year is a king's archer Impulse set and again an advent calendar with a lot of nice stuff and medieval minifigs. And if there is a "Castle" minifig collection set (like the confirmed great one in the City theme) then I'd buy it if it included a medieval citizen with a hayfork.

Hmm, I see what you are saying, as I said before I think the elves will be the good guys because they are on the "good" side of the map. I wouldnt mind if TLG kept going with the skeletons or the orcs but I would like to see something new. As lonfg as they keep going with fanasy I'll be happy :sweet:

I would also love to see a hayfork!!!

EDIT: double post :blush:

Edited by hollisbrick

A medieval city folk set would be very cool. IF they came with soldiers that didn't breka my military rules, I'll explain that in a bit, than I would probably buy it. My military ruling is that regular infantry wears the nose guard helmet, and the archers wear the other helmet thing. Also all of my knights have to have horses. Unfortunately, those rules were broken in the knight's battle pack, and the skeletons would have repeated the armored guys as well. If you think that's ridiculous, than too bad. Its my opinion!

For the elf counterpart, I would like an evil version of the Forestmen. They could be rebellious peasants that broke off to serve Ogel the Evil Wizard. Man that guy has been terrorizing the Lego Universe for a long time. Killing off the Alpha Team and training up Dr. Inferno. Well, looks like he got pushed out of the picture. Well.. better stop filling up the topic.

A medieval city folk set would be very cool. IF they came with soldiers that didn't breka my military rules, I'll explain that in a bit, than I would probably buy it. My military ruling is that regular infantry wears the nose guard helmet, and the archers wear the other helmet thing. Also all of my knights have to have horses. Unfortunately, those rules were broken in the knight's battle pack, and the skeletons would have repeated the armored guys as well. If you think that's ridiculous, than too bad. Its my opinion!

You're damn right it's ridiculous - how can you expect the LEGO designers to know this rule of yours AND live by it? :laugh: You're just limiting yourself... You can of course follow whatever rules you want in your OWN creations, but you can't expect the official sets to go by them.

For the elf counterpart, I would like an evil version of the Forestmen. They could be rebellious peasants that broke off to serve Ogel the Evil Wizard. Man that guy has been terrorizing the Lego Universe for a long time. Killing off the Alpha Team and training up Dr. Inferno. Well, looks like he got pushed out of the picture. Well.. better stop filling up the topic.

Now you're just mixing things up and confusing me. :tongue: Since when has Castle and elves have had anything to do with the Alpha Team and the Agents?

I wouldn't mind evil elves, but I seriously doubt TLG would produce them like that - they would in all likelihood follow the way of the Forestmen.

Now you're just mixing things up and confusing me. :tongue: Since when has Castle and elves have had anything to do with the Alpha Team and the Agents?

Well, the evil Wizard in Skeleton Tower has the same head as Ogel, the antagonist from Alpha Team. And... er... well, I don't know what it has to do with Agents. :grin:

*Referring to a further up KimT post*

Hey, that's a great idea, I'd never thought of a water based faction, that would be sweet. But what would it be? I'm thinking mermaids or fishmen or something.

Speaking of set design, I just bought the Dwarfsmine Defense the other day and I hope that next years set has a cheaper army builder like the Crossbow Attack, as that was a much better price to get loads of figs with.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I agree. I actually think Crossbow Attack had more going for it. It had the same amount of figures as Dwarves' Mine Defender, as well as a skellie horse. It had an axe and scythe, 2 crossbows and a skellie shield, but DMD only has a scimitar and glaive. I would have much preferred to get a smaller Dwarven contraption for half the price. :grin:

Dwarves' Mine Defender still rocks though. :wink:

~Peace