Sign in to follow this  
Brick Man Studios

[MOC] – Freebuild – La Valetta's west Gate

If you dont saw the last build, click here to see it !

After having bought the goods to the farmer, the trader is going to sell them in the hamlet of la Valetta.

21034947362_b4f6195a46.jpg

GoH The West Gate by Brick Man Studios, sur Flickr

20856691860_cacb3a8543.jpg

But before being able to make his market, he have to go into the hamlet. And to do it, the trader can return by one of the four gates.

Today he decide to cross by the West's door .

21034986192_e8589c7333.jpg

Thus he will be controlled by the guards before being able to cross the threshold of the leading door has the market place !

20422320764_8f5266115d.jpg

Additional pics :

20857071888_74ae969e28.jpg

20858118599_0abeabf143.jpg

20856768430_9d9010536f.jpg

More pics here !!!

C&C appreciated :grin:

I really like this! The vines make it look like it might be slightly run down, which works well for a hamlet. The clips are a bit strange, if I were you I would turn them so the smooth side is out.

I like the wooden parapets and different colours in the wall + trees :thumbup: A focused shot of the whole build would help with presentation.

Edited by Dubbadgrim

I really like this! The vines make it look like it might be slightly run down, which works well for a hamlet. The clips are a bit strange, if I were you I would turn them so the smooth side is out.

Thanks.

Ok thanks for your advice :thumbup:

I like the wooden parapets and different colours in the wall + trees :thumbup: A focused shot of the whole build would help with presentation.

Tanks guy !

But there is is a focused shot of the build...

(first of the additional pics)

Again I only can say that I find it wonderful how you increase your techniques build by build. I really love that carriage, great design! And the wall and tower look sturdy and well structured. Only thing I would like to change are those "brick-bricks" in the otherwise wooden battlements. It looks kind of wrong to have stones in a wooden structure. But that's something even Lego couldn't do right in their latestt castle sets...

I'm looking forward to see more of La Valetta!

Nice vegetation :thumbup:

I like the carriage a lot and the first picture with the closeup is really nice :classic:

But there is is a focused shot of the build...

(first of the additional pics)

Maybe what was asked for was a picture of the whole build in focus (now the wall was out of focus) and no part of the build cropped?

For closeups, I love limited depth-of-field but for overview shots I'm advocating that the whole build should be in focus.

I really like IT, with my most favoured points being the tower and the vegetation. How you angled the first, and still made a decent interior!

Again I only can say that I find it wonderful how you increase your techniques build by build. I really love that carriage, great design! And the wall and tower look sturdy and well structured. Only thing I would like to change are those "brick-bricks" in the otherwise wooden battlements. It looks kind of wrong to have stones in a wooden structure. But that's something even Lego couldn't do right in their latestt castle sets...

I'm looking forward to see more of La Valetta!

Wow thanks a lot for you comment bro !

I'm glad you like it !

Yeah sure for the "brick-brick" :grin:

Nice vegetation :thumbup:

I like the carriage a lot and the first picture with the closeup is really nice :classic:

Maybe what was asked for was a picture of the whole build in focus (now the wall was out of focus) and no part of the build cropped?

For closeups, I love limited depth-of-field but for overview shots I'm advocating that the whole build should be in focus.

Oh ok sure.

Next time it will be better :wink:

Thanks for you comment ! :thumbup:

I really like IT, with my most favoured points being the tower and the vegetation. How you angled the first, and still made a decent interior!

Thanks a lot dude !

Excellent build, BMS! I like the vines on the wall and the foliage is superb as well :thumbup:

thanks a lot dude !

Glad you like it !!

Edited by Brick Man Studios

The trees, foliage and vines are very neat, very natural. The wall has a good height and a nice shape, but I suggest to greeble it more consistently (less diverse) with the colours. Earth green is a logical choice to go with, Olive green blends in fairly well too, but New dark red is really quite off, the use of Tan depends more or less on the location (near Khaliplin), maybe Dark tan looks better instead. Overall great build that shows your personal progress :thumbup:

The trees, foliage and vines are very neat, very natural. The wall has a good height and a nice shape, but I suggest to greeble it more consistently (less diverse) with the colours. Earth green is a logical choice to go with, Olive green blends in fairly well too, but New dark red is really quite off, the use of Tan depends more or less on the location (near Khaliplin), maybe Dark tan looks better instead. Overall great build that shows your personal progress :thumbup:

Thanks a lot dude !

Thanks for the advice ! :thumbup:

Great to see you experimenting with a new style for the castle :thumbup: The rounded tower is very good, and I like the vines climbing the wall.

And of course, I always appreciate seeing interiors :classic:

Great to see you experimenting with a new style for the castle :thumbup: The rounded tower is very good, and I like the vines climbing the wall.

And of course, I always appreciate seeing interiors :classic:

Thanks bro !

Glad you like it ! :grin::laugh: