Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Henrys Announcement Topic

Oh, I was being serious, does anyone have any ideas? I think discussion would make this final day pretty helpful for me, and might allow more people to vote. :sweet:

Oh, I was being serious, does anyone have any ideas? I think discussion would make this final day pretty helpful for me, and might allow more people to vote. :sweet:

For Most Humorous Moment, I put down "Vindsval Half-born (Asphalt) with a little pink umbrella in #131".

Both fantastic moments I had totally forgotten about. That Guts line... classic Guts. I love Scuba's ability to occasionally point out some of the goofiness in the game without totally shattering the fourth wall.

I think I voted the Rat Civil War in Quest 68 as my favorite battle. :laugh:

I forgot about that. :tongue: But that was Quest 40, before the deadline, unfortunately.

That was in Quest 40, too early. But that is still one of my favorite moments in Heroica. Witch is great. As a QM you're kinda like, whelp, let's see how special mirror completely messes with the battle dynamic this time. I need to get back to QM-ing...

That's what I like about Mirror Sentinel - really brings that back into play, but for the whole party. Hoke started to summon an army in 139. :laugh:

Best Plot Twist?

Was there not a moment that you totally did not see coming in a quest? I had a few. One notable mention that didn't end up getting my vote was Jules being dead before we reached him in 129.

Maybe we should discuss other one of the "moment" options, since they're harder to define. Like, these are all very specific events - I don't know how any of them would get more than one vote unless they were brought to everyone's attention and then we all voted for one. :laugh:

That was unexpected! As for villainous npc, there are a bunch in this game, but too often they seem to die before too long, in the Quest I've been in, at least. It's been too long since Guts faced an overarching villain.

Was there not a moment that you totally did not see coming in a quest? I had a few. One notable mention that didn't end up getting my vote was Jules being dead before we reached him in 129.

I actually have that for another category, I think. But it's def a really good one. What are some other twists? Karie joining the Syndicate was one that I was thinking of. I guess some of the brutality of the Baltarok quests could be cool too. Some of the stuff in Pie's quest was really brutal.

That was unexpected! As for villainous npc, there are a bunch in this game, but too often they seem to die before too long, in the Quest I've been in, at least. It's been too long since Guts faced an overarching villain.

Agreed, that's why I'm having trouble with it. When's the most recent time we've had someone be a villain for more than one quest, really? Especially since Wren. I can think of Baba, I guess, and The Regret too. But one's gone, and one hasn't really served as an antagonist so much as a mysterious force.

I actually have that for another category, I think.

Me too! :thumbup:

Agreed, that's why I'm having trouble with it. When's the most recent time we've had someone be a villain for more than one quest, really? Especially since Wren. I can think of Baba, I guess, and The Regret too. But one's gone, and one hasn't really served as an antagonist so much as a mysterious force.

Keep in mind the best villainous NPC doesn't have to be a Big Bad, it could just be an enemy npc with a personality that you really liked.

Has Boomingham so quickly forgotten this guy?

15407776908_1560cbeacf_t.jpg

Yeah, but he was a villain in 28. :tongue: So I can't vote for him.

And I know it doesn't have to be a big bad. I was just agreeing we haven't had a big recurring villain for a while. And even then, I'm hard pressed to think of an NPC who had a long enough time to develop a personality. Generally if we fight them, their only personality is right before the fight where they say they're going to fight us. :laugh: What are some of your suggestions, Scuba? I can't really think of any, to be honest, but I'll be doing a final re-read of a few quests tomorrow before voting finally.

Even skimming some quests I have trouble remembering NPCs to like. I guess some options for me: the Spider from the Walk through the Parlor, the Dollhouse Zeigfrieds, The Aliens from Sheep Snatchers, the Tale of Two Faces "villain" (though I don't really count that). Someone from the Tower of Babel, but I can't tell who the villainous NPCs in that one were. Oh, maybe the Fearsome Four from that. I did really like them.

As for discussing myself as a QM, I feel like I've taken myself out of this category, since I don't think anyone knows who the villainous characters are in my quests. :blush: Maybe M of Manyfaces. I liked him. :laugh:

Favourite WTF Moment for me is Karie's betrayal. I remember DannyLongLegs losing his stuff over that and the build up was incredible. Could also work for best plot twist, but one of my all time favourite ones is the reveal that Dil's wife was Fleur in 62 because it was built up so well and it made logical sense. Although, looking back, I may switch that over to Karie joining the Syndicate, since it was a good "WTF" and a good twist.

Favourite Villain is hands down the Apprentice of the Stealer of Senses. I still loathe this guy, and it's been three years since I first came into contact with him. :laugh:

Eh?

Not this battle, but the previous one, you rolled special damage "an extra member joins the mob" which I read as "Hoke gets a soldier under his command" with mirror sentinel. If you had rolled it again, more people would have joined your mob.

What are some of your suggestions, Scuba? I can't really think of any, to be honest, but I'll be doing a final re-read of a few quests tomorrow before voting finally.

I really liked the Crimson Crown guy Jared in 89, as well as the Crimson Crown in general, but I guess that doesn't count. The Spider Demon Queen from Quest 133 was really good too, and I hope to see her return. Quest 72 had the couple, with the husband being a total creep, can't remember his name, but he was quite well done also. It's hard to say, because Boomingham and Guts are never in the same quest, and I don't read a lot of quests I'm not in. :blush:

I wonder if the hobgoblin general whatshisface from 89 would count? I really liked him too, but he wasn't very much a villain at the end.

I've been setting up some overarching villains but I don't like overexposing them. :tongue: Those two at the end of Quest 129 you can expect to see more of.

I really liked the Crimson Crown guy Jared in 89, as well as the Crimson Crown in general, but I guess that doesn't count. The Spider Demon Queen from Quest 133 was really good too, and I hope to see her return. Quest 72 had the couple, with the husband being a total creep, can't remember his name, but he was quite well done also. It's hard to say, because Boomingham and Guts are never in the same quest, and I don't read a lot of quests I'm not in. :blush:

I wonder if the hobgoblin general whatshisface from 89 would count? I really liked him too, but he wasn't very much a villain at the end.

Yeah, Hobgoblin general was pretty great. :thumbup: And yeah, there's a lot of characters I'm not totally sure about as far as if they're a villain or not. A lot of my own personal favorite villains have served as a friendly and enemy NPC. XX and Avery from myself, and then the Crimson Crown is doing it right now. The entirety of both sides from the Augustus Bridge Battle were sort of friendlies at some point.

And yeah, I was considering voting for the Cold Circles, because I really like them! But they don't really count, I guess. I was thinking of Melville, but I didn't really get much from him personally. Maybe that Seagull. Maybe McCafferey. :tongue: