19 hours ago, comix said:

So, I put in a bunch of different orders on Bricklink because I'm putting together four completely new characters and upgrading a couple others. And two of the stores I bought stuff from happened to have multiple different versions of this helmet, so I ordered three different colors because they were cheap and I was already ordering other things. I got the dark gray and metallic silver helmets in today. So far dark gray is the better one, though it's still of a bit off. I've still got a flat silver one coming in another order. I'll post pictures of all three variations of helmet and my new characters once I have all my orders in.

I know how you feel! I've got a million and one works in progress, and I've got to organize all the BL stuff manually. :(
On a lighter note: Am I correct in assuming that these 6 new figures will all be Scooby-Doo related?
Finally, I can't wait to see everything you're creating! Happy building!

5 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

I know how you feel! I've got a million and one works in progress, and I've got to organize all the BL stuff manually. :(
On a lighter note: Am I correct in assuming that these 6 new figures will all be Scooby-Doo related?
Finally, I can't wait to see everything you're creating! Happy building!

They absolutely are.I don't even think I've actually mentioned a couple of them on here. And now I think I've figured out two more characters, though I haven't ordered any of the pieces for them yet.

14 hours ago, comix said:

They absolutely are.I don't even think I've actually mentioned a couple of them on here. And now I think I've figured out two more characters, though I haven't ordered any of the pieces for them yet.

So that makes for a grand total of eight figures to look forward to? Wowza. I can't wait.

3 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

So that makes for a grand total of eight figures to look forward to? Wowza. I can't wait.

I guess it is, though, not to ruin it, one of them is just different arms for my shark demon. I was never happy with the flippers(since he has actual hands in the show), but I also never bothered to get matching arms. But, again, one of the stores I was buying other stuff from had the arms I needed, so I added them to my cart. I'am also probably gonna get a different mummy head for the Mummy of Ankha because I hate that headdress.

On 2/12/2017 at 5:38 PM, comix said:

I guess it is, though, not to ruin it, one of them is just different arms for my shark demon. I was never happy with the flippers(since he has actual hands in the show), but I also never bothered to get matching arms. But, again, one of the stores I was buying other stuff from had the arms I needed, so I added them to my cart. I'am also probably gonna get a different mummy head for the Mummy of Ankha because I hate that headdress.

I just used the headress on other figures. I think that the head in that set works fairly good for the Mummy of Ankha.

26 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

I just used the headress on other figures. I think that the head in that set works fairly good for the Mummy of Ankha.

I should probably mention I don't actually hate the headdress. It's fine headdress. It just bugs me that he doesn't have it in the cartoon. And the head is fine, outside of the reversible face which, while a fun feature, keeps me from taking the headdress off. Luckily, the blind bag Mummy that came out a while back has almost exactly the same head, but without the face on the back.

On another note I have figured out yet another character that I've been puzzling over for awhile now. And unlike every other character I've made, I actually have all but two of the pieces I need!

It's the Headless Specter!

The only pieces I need are white peg for the neck instead of the clear one and a dark red bandanna to replace the black one.

32888589665_84f6387e7f_b.jpg

42 minutes ago, comix said:

I should probably mention I don't actually hate the headdress. It's fine headdress. It just bugs me that he doesn't have it in the cartoon. And the head is fine, outside of the reversible face which, while a fun feature, keeps me from taking the headdress off. Luckily, the blind bag Mummy that came out a while back has almost exactly the same head, but without the face on the back.

On another note I have figured out yet another character that I've been puzzling over for awhile now. And unlike every other character I've made, I actually have all but two of the pieces I need!

It's the Headless Specter!

The only pieces I need are white peg for the neck instead of the clear one and a dark red bandanna to replace the black one.

May I ask why you mind the reversible face?

That Headless Specter looks amazing! I can't wait to see it with a white round plate and dark red bandanna, like you suggested. I must say, I love the way you made that candle, BTW. I doubt I ever would've thought of that.

31 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

May I ask why you mind the reversible face?

That Headless Specter looks amazing! I can't wait to see it with a white round plate and dark red bandanna, like you suggested. I must say, I love the way you made that candle, BTW. I doubt I ever would've thought of that.

Like I said, it's a cool concept. It just doesn't work for me aesthetically because. I don't like being able to see the other face on the back of his head. I'm just weird like that.

I actually got the headless idea from another person. I finally just decided to google headless Lego and found an image of someone's custom Headless Horseman that used a black peg and a bandanna. After that it was just figuring out the pieces, which II eventually realized I already had. Unfortunately, I kind of had to pilfer them from my custom Batman '66 Mad Hatter and Bookworm.

Edited by comix

Finally received all my helmets and enough pieces to complete one of my new figures.

First, the helmets.

Flat Silver:
32090056533_9d1fb39f24_b.jpg

Metallic Silver:
32090056473_68273bf7ae_b.jpg

Dark Gray: (Which is the one I'm sticking with for now. It's not perfect, but it blends together alright.)
32090056423_eb8352b628_b.jpg

And finally, Black Knight from Scared a Lot in Camelot
32783600451_89c3499009_b.jpg

On 2/13/2017 at 9:05 PM, comix said:

Like I said, it's a cool concept. It just doesn't work for me aesthetically because. I don't like being able to see the other face on the back of his head. I'm just weird like that.

I actually got the headless idea from another person. I finally just decided to google headless Lego and found an image of someone's custom Headless Horseman that used a black peg and a bandanna. After that it was just figuring out the pieces, which II eventually realized I already had. Unfortunately, I kind of had to pilfer them from my custom Batman '66 Mad Hatter and Bookworm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally received all my helmets and enough pieces to complete one of my new figures.

First, the helmets.

Flat Silver:

Metallic Silver:

Dark Gray: (Which is the one I'm sticking with for now. It's not perfect, but it blends together alright.)

And finally, Black Knight from Scared a Lot in Camelot

I get that. As a customizer, I'd personally scrub the back of the head, and then BL  new one, and scrub the front, and alternate them when I want to show Dr. Najib or when I want to show the mummy. Of course, that may be prohibitively expensive, so like I said, I get where you're coming from.

Sorry that you had to steal from other figures to make that Headless Spector. When that becomes the case with one of my figures, I use the part(s) on the figure that I like more, and then toss the other bits and bobs into a series of containers marked as "shared bodies" (I realize now that that sounds a lot like a serial killer out of context - :P ), along with a Post-It labeled with BOTH characters names, and then I wait until I get duplicate parts to unearth them again. On a side note, I'd love to see your custom Batman '66 Mad Hatter and Bookworm! Please post them, either in the custom superheores thread here, or over on Flickr.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I originally noticed these when you posted them on Flickr, and I was pleasantly surprised to see them pop up in my feed. As for the helmets, I agree with you that the dark gray one works particularly well, even if it isn't perfect. Eventually, I think I'll customize one of those helmets so that the colors match those of the figure. Lastly, as for Black Knight from Scared a Lot in Camelot: I love the helmet, feather, and Wickles head, but I'm a bit on the fence about the armor and legs. I'd recommend plain, or at least slightly less decorated black legs, and that same armor, minus the printing, or as with the legs, slightly less printing. Then, marry that with this extra armor piece, and I think it'd be perfect. :)

In any case, a good job across the board, and I can't wait for the rest!

Happy building! - The Big Red Cheese

Finally got all my pieces in except one, which is keeping me from posting my final new character. Darn you, the US postal system! But, I have two new ones, an altered one, and two new accessories for previous figures.

Frankenstein:
A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts- Frankenstein's Monster by comixzombie, on Flickr

Merlin's Ghost:
Scared a Lot in Camelot- Merlin's Ghost by comixzombie, on Flickr

Demon Shark- Take 2:
There's a Demon Shark in the Foggy Dark- Demon Shark: Take 2 by comixzombie, on Flickr

Redbeard's Ghost- Now with a shiny new sword:
Go Away Ghost Ship- Redbeard's Ghost: Take 2 by comixzombie, on Flickr

Witch Doctor- Now with a spooky skull staff:
A Tiki Scare is No Fair- Witch Doctor: Take 2 by comixzombie, on Flickr

Edited by LuxorV
Huge images. Turned into links. Resize before deeplinking.

Gotta love those Scooby Dooh custom monsters, @comix ! For the first knight you shared, I agree with your choice for the helmet, as the metallics stand out too much, being the chest armor non-metallic.

I need to check this thread thoroughly! there are so many great minifigures.

Let me show you a couple of my creations. I've used official Lego parts, but also some BrickWarriors accesories and custom capes.

This is my minifig take on Roland Deschain, the main character from Stephen King's saga "The Dark Tower".

e6mgorog1op4.jpg
 lytwruv9nl2m.jpg

And this is a hunter from the PS4 videogame Bloodborne:
vzhe8wcrgnoz.jpg

13 minutes ago, JakeChambers said:

I need to check this thread thoroughly! there are so many great minifigures.

Let me show you a couple of my creations. I've used official Lego parts, but also some BrickWarriors accesories and custom capes.

This is my minifig take on Roland Deschain, the main character from Stephen King's saga "The Dark Tower".

I don't know if those figures fit here, though.  The movie Roland is played by Idris Elba, so it's clearly not him, and it's not purist. Plus, shouldn't book-version Roland only have one hand?

3 minutes ago, N_Cat said:

I don't know if those figures fit here, though.  The movie Roland is played by Idris Elba, so it's clearly not him, and it's not purist. Plus, shouldn't book-version Roland only have one hand?

I was thinking of starting my own thread, since I will share more of my creations soon, but then I thought they might fit here. If I was wrong, I don't mind taking em down!
By the way, Roland had both hands, he's only 

Spoiler

missing a few fingers. There's no way that I know to portray this in a minifig as far as I know...haha

Idris Elba - yes, I know! I need to do that one, too.

I have a bunch of Twin Peaks figures (which are almost entirely purist). Though since Jim Gordon's wearing a trenchcoat in the Lego Batman Movie, and Chief O' Hara's minifigure gives us that hairpiece in that colour ... they are getting more purist by the day.

I've never uploaded pics here, so here goes, and apologies in advance if I muck it up!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 27/02/2017 at 3:55 PM, JakeChambers said:

By the way, Roland had both hands, he's only 

Hide contents

missing a few fingers. There's no way that I know to portray this in a minifig as far as I know...haha

A cracked minifig hand maybe? Although is that still purist.

On 3/3/2017 at 4:39 AM, MAB said:

A cracked minifig hand maybe? Is that still purist?

Purism isn't so black and white, but I think that most purists would consider cracking a minifig hand as being not purist. Generally, the rule is no painting, modifying, breaking, or otherwise directly altering the materials. I know that's a tough definition to work with, but, that's about it.

17190707_10212244258439321_5800120850643

Thought I'd share this here. My very own, custom-made Maleficent poster. Obviously the lego's are custom made too. I'd love to do more posters like this related to Disney; if anyone has any suggestions I'll give it a go.

Here are some custom Disney figs below.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17015846_10212244314800730_3370976551527706029_o.jpg?oh=aa2291325f204b250199b2a443d7f8b4&oe=592CB653

Jafar: I hate the fact that we don't have a proper turban for Jafar. Hopefully he'll be released properly soon.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17192235_10212244314520723_3053500788508508760_o.jpg?oh=8c313b732df58ddc48cc3860d8fb4fe1&oe=59341C9A

The Beast: I know people love THOSE legs and they are suitable for the beast, but he looks naked with them on, so I just used a standard blue set of legs to match the movie.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17159219_10212244314560724_2037306650334764010_o.jpg?oh=43acfb4813cf2d01d8e111478cc26a8d&oe=593B4A33

Queen Of Hearts

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17016013_10212244314840731_8384622600816752351_o.jpg?oh=43a889570c16305a59a21f6e7320aa8b&oe=5966D6A8

Movie Maleficent & Aurora: I loved this movie, it wasn't as good as the original cartoon, but I loved it all the same so the figures are a must for me.

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by LuxorV
Huge images. Turned into links. Resize before deeplinking.

On 04/03/2017 at 3:19 PM, TheBigRedCheese said:

Purism isn't so black and white, but I think that most purists would consider cracking a minifig hand as being not purist. Generally, the rule is no painting, modifying, breaking, or otherwise directly altering the materials. I know that's a tough definition to work with, but, that's about it.

Who said anything about cracking it (on purpose)? I said a cracked one.

8 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Thought I'd share this here. My very own, custom-made Maleficent poster. Obviously the lego's are custom made too. I'd love to do more posters like this related to Disney; if anyone has any suggestions I'll give it a go.

Here are some custom Disney figs below.

Jafar: I hate the fact that we don't have a proper turban for Jafar. Hopefully he'll be released properly soon.

The Beast: I know people love THOSE legs and they are suitable for the beast, but he looks naked with them on, so I just used a standard blue set of legs to match the movie.

Queen Of Hearts

Movie Maleficent & Aurora: I loved this movie, it wasn't as good as the original cartoon, but I loved it all the same so the figures are a must for me.

Let me know what you guys think.

Beautiful! What head is that on the Queen of Hearts?

3 minutes ago, MAB said:

Who said anything about cracking it (on purpose)? I said a cracked one.

Ho hum. You sly dog, you. ?

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

12 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Beautiful! What head is that on the Queen of Hearts?

Ho hum. You sly dog, you. ?

Thank you :)

It's the head of Dolores Umbridge :)