Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Mystery Ship: Part 7

Hear me out.

Okay :'-)

Why would Skipper and Stinky 2 not want us to be on their boat? They think we'll take their treasure! How did they happen to be out here? They knew Stinky was going to be here with prescious cargo. How else would they know we were here? They couldn't have heard my distress call, the radio was smashed. I don't care how weird the physics are here, they couldn't have heard that distress call. Finally they won't let us use their radio. They don't want us to be rescued, they must want what's inside container #6. Stinky knew what it was somehow and must've let his brother know. I really think that's who they are. It's too coincidental!

Skipper left my cabin while we were reading the journal. I wonder if he swiped that page that's missing or the manifest!!

Maybe they don't want us on their boat because the first thing we did was talk about shooting them? *wacko* As for how they happened to be out here, they are a fishing boat, and fishing boats tend to go out to sea for up to months at a time, it's not really that weird to me, they just happened to be in the right (or wrong) place at the right (or wrong) time. It's better than nobody being able to hear your distress call right? And as for it not going though...why would you make a distress call on a radio that was already smashed?

And how do we know it's container number 6? Which one is that? Listen I'm security here so if someone's threatening the safety and contents of container number 6 I need to know everything that's going on, and stop them. If that is the case I need to meet with someone NOW who can think of some way to open it.

Don't go alone, Bennie.

This fog is weird too. I hate to say it because he was a great guy, but maybe Stinky was up to something horrible. The fog cleared after he was killed and came back with that fishing boat. We have to get to the bottom of this...

Maybe we should make it a rule that we are never alone. I can go with him; I need to get some more whiskey anyway...

Maybe we should make it a rule that we are never alone. I can go with him; I need to get some more whiskey anyway...

>:-( Like the rule I've already declared twice? Great idea! :'-( Sorry I yelled. :-$

Geno, making a distress call when the radio was smashed wasn't my choice! It just happened. That's how I responded to the stress of the situation, I guess. Why would they risk this horrible fog in the wee hours of morning this far out to sea just to fish?

As far as container #6 goes, if you have been charged with security, I find it hard to believe that you don't know the code to the electronic lock!

Gopher, give him one taste of the steel-toes before you go. We need to keep this nerd in line. Sorry Geno... :-$

>:-( Like the rule I've already declared twice? Great idea! :'-( Sorry I yelled. :-$

Err.. sorry Capt'n. I was just emphising that Bennie isn't alone. Not sure why....

Gopher, give him one taste of the steel-toes before you go. We need to keep this nerd in line. Sorry Geno... :-$

Gladly Capt'n.

*kick*

Well, I'll be off. See you all in a few hours.

Why would they risk this horrible fog in the wee hours of morning this far out to sea just to fish?

Normally when people go out to fish, they're out for months at a time. That means occasionally they will run into some bad weather. They just use nets to catch the fish so it doesn't really matter all that much. I saw this on the Discovery Science Channel :-$

As far as container #6 goes, if you have been charged with security, I find it hard to believe that you don't know the code to the electronic lock!

Why would someone charged with guarding the containers be told HOW TO OPEN THEM? I'm just here to make sure nobody else opens them, not to open them myself! It's a common practice done to keep security from turning crooked and stealing millions in cargo. It's also done to make sure that for higher-end cargo, even if we're captured and tortured we'd be of no help opening the lock.

No! >:-(

Gladly Capt'n.

*kick*

Well, I'll be off. See you all in a few hours.

!!

*rubs his bum*

Meh, seems suspicious that he'd walk away like that at a time like this. I think instead of accusing our rescuers, captain, you need to start thinking about scottie...

Edited by Starwars4J

Meh, seems suspicious that he'd walk away like that at a time like this. I think instead of accusing our rescuers, captain, you need to start thinking about scottie...

*punch* Sorry. :-$ It's not Scottie!

It makes me a little suspicious of you that you're not suspicious of them! Being charged with the security of this boat, I would hope you'd investigate them a little. Not fall to your knees and kiss their feet and greet them like saviors! You have to admit, it's all a little odd. Why won't they radio for help? If you want to prove to me that they're legit, sneak onto their boat and check it out. You're a security guard, they'll never notice. You're super stealthy, right?

*punch* Sorry. :-$ It's not Scottie!

It makes me a little suspicious of you that you're not suspicious of them! Being charged with the security of this boat, I would hope you'd investigate them a little. Not fall to your knees and kiss their feet and greet them like saviors! You have to admit, it's all a little odd. Why won't they radio for help? If you want to prove to me that they're legit, sneak onto their boat and check it out. You're a security guard, they'll never notice. You're super stealthy, right?

Listen, security is my business, these people have a story that seems to check out well enough. They haven't gone missing like some crew members...they are here, risking their lives trying to save us. They are saviors. Why won't they radio for help? That's a very good point.

Skipper, would you mind giving me a tour of your boat?

If that is the case I need to meet with someone NOW who can think of some way to open it.

Well.... I have a molotov cocktail... >:-) I drank a bit of it and now my stomach's on fire. So I guess it is quite explosive..

Well.... I have a molotov cocktail... >:-) I drank a bit of it and now my stomach's on fire. So I guess it is quite explosive..

I want to open it, not blow it up :-|

I want to open it, not blow it up :-|

Geezz, have you never played the Godfather game? You can blow up any door you want!

By the way, when was the last time you came with an idea Jeff? |-/

Edited by Mr Tiber

Ich have a few German handgranates in meine cabin.

They are very old but maybe the we can still use them to blow up the door of the container.

Edited by Bonaparte

Skipper, would you mind giving me a tour of your boat?

Hmmm, alright. And as you will see, not much but fishing supplies and some survival gear.

I'm well aware of your broken radio, but when we came, you said something about our radio being broken, I'll go check it while I give a "tour" of my boat.

Dan was in diving gear because he was going to check one of the fishing net's rope conections, and it couldn't be pulled up. But then, once he fixed it, we heard your distress call. It was heard.

I agree, we need to find the crew manifest, but rather than running here and there searching rooms at random, I suggest we search in an orderly fashion. That way we don't miss anything...

Aye, what be it that we be a lookin' fer? How are these newcomers goin' about helpin' us and what in the name of Poseidon are we doin' floatin' ere with a dead engine? Is not one of ye scurvy swabs concerned that we won't be makin' it to Europe before that creature outside snatches yer up?

Now I've got me ol' trusty harpoon rig an' blunderbuss set in me cabin, and if de captain doesn't want me usin' dem to slay de creature, I'd think they'de be at least a wee bit useful to be gettin' one 'o dem crates open. More useful then er rusted 'ol explosive, anyway.....

... what the bloody hell are you mutterin' on about? Can't you just talk like a normal person? :-/

Skipper, what do you say we do? The crew seems to be set on lookin' for some kind of manifest or something... since we came to help, I say we might as well help them in their search.

Skipper, what do you say we do? The crew seems to be set on lookin' for some kind of manifest or something... since we came to help, I say we might as well help them in their search.

I heartfully agree, let's help them look for this manifest.

I was protecting Bennie... and getting some more whiskey.

*Kick*

I agree, we need to find the crew manifest, but rather than running here and there searching rooms at random, I suggest we search in an orderly fashion. That way we don't miss anything...
Aye, what be it that we be a lookin' fer?

The Cargo Manifest. We have searched my cabin and the Capt'ns cabin, I think we should search Stinkys cabin ASAP.

The Cargo Manifest. We have searched my cabin and the Capt'ns cabin, I think we should search Stinkys cabin ASAP.

I don't think any of the rank-in-file crewmen have their own cabin. These were the rooms I recall:

Steering Room/Bridge w/radio

Engine Room

Mechanical/Utility access room

Galley

Kitchen

Captain's Quarters

First Mate's Cabin

Two large crew cabins (shared among all the crewmen - bunks)

Guest Cabin

(Bathrooms are combined with the cabins)

Cargo Hold (outer middle of ship)

Supply Room

Before we go off searching, let us think for a moment. The Captain gave the manifest to Mr. Mason. Mr. Mason, who did you give it to?

Oh, and I don't recall searching your cabin Scotty? Unless you mean the Engineering Room?

In fact, who is working on it at the moment?

Oh, and I don't recall searching your cabin Scotty? Unless you mean the Engineering Room?

In fact, who is working on it at the moment?

Rank and file? I'm the blooming engineer! You know; over four years of study and all that! I still don't have a cabin? Darn. Well we seached something hours ago, but me and the Capt'n were drunk at the time so it may have just been my bunk. :-$ I believe Jack is working on the engine, and if he isn't then I don't know where he is. He has been pretty quite lately...

OK. I think we should do a completely balmy seach of both crew cabins including lockers. Especially Stinkys. Anyone who doesn't like this idea will feel the wrath of my boots. >:-(

Let's just go to this guys room, last thing needed is fighting across everybody!

As much as I'd love to have you help us find that manifest, I think we can manage on our own.

I appreciate you coming to assist us. The best way for you to help us right now is to take Geno here on that boat tour you promised him and radio for help...

Alright then.

Geno, is it? Anyway, your captain wants me to give you a tour of my boat now, so let's go. I have my flashlight, so we don't trip over anything.

There's nothing to find on my boat though, you can even check the logs and everything. Come on.

We'll see about that radio too.

*whispers* Geno, be careful.

*slips something into Gene's hand* Here's one of Otto's "antiques" in case you need it. ;-)