LegoPercyJ

[SoNE Freebuild 1] - Hoth Recon

(I Want this freebuild to be judged)

​Having only recently joined the Alliance, my first mission was on Hoth. I was on watch duty, Looking for any signs of the Empire...

6677068.png

Seeing a smudge in the distance, I went for a closer look...

8989434.png

There! In the distance! An Imperial speeder bike...

1662143.png

What was the Empire doing here?! But before I could make a complete thought, it came rushing straight towards me!

855428.png

Quickly I dived out of the way...

3458555.png

​As I saw him whizzing past me, I knew I couldn't let him escape. I had one shot... and...

5269173.png

​Success!

Edited by LegoPercyJ

Now, and I may be completely wrong here so please correct me if I am, I get this feeling that you think SoNE builds need to be uploaded as soon as possible like some sort of race, I can assure you, whether you're the first person to upload a build or the last person that has absolutely no effect on your score, just take your time, don't rush things and upload it in your own time :) Nice Photography by the way.

but you haven't actually built anything?

Bad Background.

Now, and I may be completely wrong here so please correct me if I am, I get this feeling that you think SoNE builds need to be uploaded as soon as possible like some sort of race, I can assure you, whether you're the first person to upload a build or the last person that has absolutely no effect on your score, just take your time, don't rush things and upload it in your own time :) Nice Photography by the way.

No, not at all.

It's not a bad idea, I just think you should extend the plate, maybe put your character on a tauntaun or a speeder...

Thanks. Good idea about the Tantan.

Note: This was apart of a series... of this...

708297.png

7202828.png

6296582.png

2979864.png

But then I realized it was 4 MOCs. So they would have to be posted separately. Unless they all count as a freebuild together... (I'm thinking, no)

Edited by LegoPercyJ

Now that you've shown all the builds, I think it looks excellent. Seeing as they are fairly small I'm sure it will be allowed as one freebuild.

Now that you've shown all the builds, I think it looks excellent. Seeing as they are fairly small I'm sure it will be allowed as one freebuild.

Thanks! That is what I thought. Together they look better.

Nice small creations, LegoPercyJ!

Posting several builds together is not a problem at all. Usually, people refrain from it because two reasonably models usually get higher scores together than one big build, but when the builds involved are this small, it isn't that advantageous. Posting the first build here separately, could only give you 1 XP (it literally being a minifig on a plate, with not much of a story). Since you only have a limited number of freebuilds each episode, it's better to make them as good as possible. So there are plenty of examples of people posting several builds together (by Ninja Nin, goatman461, ...)

What's more, the idea isn't to get as much XP as fast a possible. We want you to have fun building and telling stories, developing yourself, learning from others. I'm personally not in particular against small builds, but more against rushed builds. Here at SoNE (and I believe everywhere in the AFOL community), we believe in quality over quantity. So take your time to create something worthwhile, and you'll see the award will be greater than just some extra XP.

So if you decide to have these builds judged together (and judging by your next freebuild, you have), please edit the first post in this topic to contain all the scenes (preferably with story :wink: ), so the judges don't miss all of the things you created. And if you still have those pieces put together, I'd recommend taking clearer pictures, maybe even with a darker backdrop, so that we can better see what's happening and don't get snow-blind :laugh: . Enjoy your SoNE experience!

Nice small creations, LegoPercyJ!

Posting several builds together is not a problem at all. Usually, people refrain from it because two reasonably models usually get higher scores together than one big build, but when the builds involved are this small, it isn't that advantageous. Posting the first build here separately, could only give you 1 XP (it literally being a minifig on a plate, with not much of a story). Since you only have a limited number of freebuilds each episode, it's better to make them as good as possible. So there are plenty of examples of people posting several builds together (by Ninja Nin, goatman461, ...)

What's more, the idea isn't to get as much XP as fast a possible. We want you to have fun building and telling stories, developing yourself, learning from others. I'm personally not in particular against small builds, but more against rushed builds. Here at SoNE (and I believe everywhere in the AFOL community), we believe in quality over quantity. So take your time to create something worthwhile, and you'll see the award will be greater than just some extra XP.

So if you decide to have these builds judged together (and judging by your next freebuild, you have), please edit the first post in this topic to contain all the scenes (preferably with story :wink: ), so the judges don't miss all of the things you created. And if you still have those pieces put together, I'd recommend taking clearer pictures, maybe even with a darker backdrop, so that we can better see what's happening and don't get snow-blind :laugh: . Enjoy your SoNE experience!

Thanks for the clarification. I will take all this into account for my next freebuild.

Edited by LegoPercyJ

Thanks for the clarification. I will take all this into account for my next freebuild.

As we work on judging the next round of freebuilds, can you help clarify whether you want all 4 scenes judged together for this freebuild, or just the first one? If it's all 4, please update your first post as BEAVeR said.

As we work on judging the next round of freebuilds, can you help clarify whether you want all 4 scenes judged together for this freebuild, or just the first one? If it's all 4, please update your first post as BEAVeR said.

Will put all 4 first thing tommorow morning.

Updated!