Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

11 hours ago, Drunknok said:

There is this and this for Creator, and at least this, this and this in the Friends line - all currently available. Not a massive lineup, but far from "dropped".

The shops in my parts don't stock sets from any earlier than this year except on clearance, so the only ones of those that are available to me is the Friendship House, which I have, and the Juniors thing, which is ugly. And I refuse to pay secondary market rates. 

7 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The shops in my parts don't stock sets from any earlier than this year except on clearance, so the only ones of those that are available to me is the Friendship House, which I have, and the Juniors thing, which is ugly. And I refuse to pay secondary market rates. 

Lego has an online store, get what you want there. And you can not blame Lego for something if only your local store is to fault for a lack of supply...

Edited by Drunknok

5 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Lego has an online store, get what you want there. And you can not blame Lego for something if only your local store is to fault for a lack of supply...

Dude, I live in Australia. I refuse on principle to pay $30 just for shipping, and considering that my budget is severely limited, I can count on the fingers of one finger the number of ties I've hit $200 AUD on an order. 

And who said anything about blaming Lego? All I said was that I need more residential houses, so I hope Lego makes some. There's no blame there, just speculation. 

On 8/31/2018 at 9:07 AM, macharper said:

Do you know which set numbers? I try to collect all of the Winter and Christmas themed items (going back to about 1999) and have not had any trouble collecting from the UK via the online shop or in store, although you do have to be quick!

Take a look here - https://brickset.com/sets/tag-Christmas

The last commercially available USA set not released in the UK- as far as I can recall was this one - https://brickset.com/sets/3300014-1/Christmas-Sett released in 2012.

3300014 was released in the UK.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:54 PM, Bainter-ban said:

Next year will probably be Winter Village Cat Cottage, so the firemen have somerthing to do (save kittens from trees) 

I'd buy it.

I'm really surprised how well they've been able to keep this under wraps. Looking forward to the images this weekend.

Well, we've got a picture!

It's . . . not what I was expecting, to be honest. The tree is ugly, definitely scrapping it for parts. But the frozen fountain looks gorgeous, and there's a new baby in what I think is dark green! You can never have too many babies!

As for the actual fire station, turns out it's mostly dark red and it's just the doors that are bright red. There's a lot of tan ornamentation, too . . normally I criticise the use of tan, since it's such a dull and common colour, but it's used sparingly and tastefully here, so I approve. 

One thing that surprises me; it looks like there's no fire engine? I suppose there could be one hiding inside the garage, but usually they display everything on the front of the box. 

Looking at it a second time, one more excellent detail; they've finally reused that orange scarf piece that Casual Jay had in the TLNM CMF. And I think the Dalmatian is a new print, too. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Dude it looks nice. But there are better ones

I like to see the baby in a new color. But he totally needed gloves (no yellow hands) and some sort of headwear. And the scene seems to take place at night, which makes it even worse.

As for the build itself, I think it looks well done. But the tree and the snowman look.... not great

The Firestation does not look very Firestation to be honest; the garage looks rather small compared to the minifigs next to it. I like the colours and the people outside of the buidling though. Will buy it, but it's not going to be the shiner of the collection.

@Mattybrick Leaks are not allowed to post, but perhaps searching for lego and leaks on Instagram could get you some info ;-)

Edited by detulp050

The official pictures will be up in a few hours. I for one will wait, instead of looking at - possibly low quality - "leaks". Did that once with last years Diner... ugh. :thumbdown:

I actually really like it. The station has some great details and the minifigs and accessories, apart from the snowman and christmas tree.

What worries me is that I dont see a fire truck. And isnt that the whole point of a fire station?

The photo isn’t of the whole box. As someone has pointed out there is a wheel in the bottom corner next to the tree and you can see they’ve scribbled out above the tree which maybe is the fire ladder?

Looks very promising; a bit different from the previous buildings, but it looks like it will fit in nicely in our village.
And yes, looks like a fire truck of some kind is included. Well, what would a fire station be without one.
If the 1225 pieces are correct, this is a very decent size set. We shall definitely buy it.

Hope the Winter station will be back in the LEGO online store as well, we missed it last year. All of a sudden it was removed from the store.

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

And I think the Dalmatian is a new print, too. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Unless it has different spots from the other one it has been in several sets :wink:

Personally I liked the 3 first sets best, they were consistent:

1. 10199: Winter Village Toy Shop (a small house-check, 2-3 side builds-check, several moulded spruce trees-check, a light brick-check, different lamppost-check, at least one animal-check and at least 7 minifigs-check)
  2. 10216: Winter Village Bakery (a small house-check, 2-3 side builds-check, several moulded spruce trees-check, a light brick-check, different lamppost-check, at least one animal-check and at least 7 minifigs-check)
  3. 10222: Winter Village Post Office (a small house-check, 2-3 side builds-check, several moulded spruce trees-check, a light brick-check, different lamppost-check, at least one animal-check and at least 7 minifigs-check)

Then came:

• 10229: Winter Village Cottage (a small house-NOPE, 2-3 side builds-check, several moulded spruce trees-check, a light brick-check, different lamppost-check, at least one animal-check and at least 7 minifigs-check)

A excellent set on its own and probably the best build in the series, but it is not the same scale as the previous sets. Why have a cottage that is much bigger then the shops, do not make much sense :wacko:

Then it was time for something different:

• 10235: Winter Village Market (a small house-NOPE, 2-3 side builds-check, several moulded spruce trees-check, a light brick-NOPE, different lamppost-check, at least one animal-check and at least 7 minifigs-check)

A nice model, but not a small house or a light brick :shrug_confused:

Then for something different again:

• 10245: Santa's Workshop (a small house-check, 2-3 side builds-check, several moulded spruce trees-NOPE, a light brick-NOPE, different lamppost-NOPE, at least one animal-NOPE and at least 7 minifigs-NOPE)

Again a nice model, but do not have: moulded spruce trees, light brick, lamppost. In addition have only 6 minifigs and a huge wasted opportunity to give us a reindeer mould :wall:

Then to something a little to familiar:

• 10249: Winter Toy Shop (a small house-check, 2-3 side builds-check, several moulded spruce trees-check, a light brick-check, different lamppost-NOPE, at least one animal-check and at least 7 minifigs-check)

Maybe better than nothing, but offer not much to those who have the original :hmpf:

Then to something completely different:

• 10254: Winter Holiday Train (a small house-NOPE, 2-3 side builds-NOPE, several moulded spruce trees-NOPE, a light brick-NOPE, different lamppost-check, at least one animal-NOPE and at least 7 minifigs-NOPE)

Not so surprising that we go a train in this series and it is off course very different from its predecessors, but at least it had a lamppost :tongue:

Then a little more familiar:

• 10259: Winter Village Station (a small house-check, 2-3 side builds-check, several moulded spruce trees-check, a light brick-NOPE, different lamppost-check (?), at least one animal-NOPE and at least 7 minifigs-NOPE)

The train needs a station and it is a little more back to basics, but we still miss the light brick, a moulded animal a couple of minifigs and the lamppost is very similar to the last set :shrug_confused:

Then it is this year:

• 10263: Winter Village Fire Station (a small house-check, 2-3 side builds-check, several moulded spruce trees-NOPE, a light brick-check, different lamppost-check, at least one animal-check and at least 7 minifigs-check (count the statue and baby as one))

It is on going the right way, we are still missing moulded spruce trees, but very happy the light brick is back :grin: Where is the female fire-fighter on the top of the box? Is it the one with the star (and helmet instead of hair)?

Lego are sure getting better at containing leaks *oh2*

Edited by Roebuck

17 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Then it is this year:

10263: Winter Village Fire Station (a small house-check, 2-3 side builds-check, several moulded spruce trees-NOPE (?), a light brick-?, different lamppost-check, at least one animal-check and at least 7 minifigs-?)

It is on going the right way, but as far as I can see now we are still missing moulded spruce trees, the light brick and maybe a minifig (I count the statue and the baby as one combined)

It says on the box that there is a light brick. Also, count again; including the statue, there are seven minifigures. (I'm guessing you missed the one on the ladder of the fire truck.) And, to be honest, I feel like Lego had outgrown the classic spruce trees. We can get much better results (albeit more expensive) with brick built trees. 

And I'm happy to see that my earlier assumption about the fire truck was wrong. It looks cute, too. 

I know that I was initially annoyed that this year's release is a fire station after building one myself out of the Friendship House earlier this year, but seeing the actual model, I have to say that I like it. Definitely going to get this one. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

20 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

the light brick

Well, the box says it includes one.

2 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

It says on the box that there is a light brick. Also, count again; including the statue, there are seven minifigures. (I'm guessing you missed the one on the ladder of the fire truck.) And, to be honest, I feel like Lego had outgrown the classic spruce trees. We can get much better results (albeit more expensive) with brick built trees. 

Just now, Withacee said:

Had not seen the hole box when I posted, edited the post now, happy to see the return of it :wink:

Ah, glad to see a fire truck included. This can even be modified a little and fit perfectly with the other modulars, for us who don’t have the modular fire station. 

22 minutes ago, Withacee said:

Yes it is. I think the light brick is inside the tree so you can light up the christmas tree