CM4Sci

71014 Soccer Minifig Series

DFB is Deutscher Fußball-Bund, which means German Football Association!

So, this is about the Germany National Football Team and not the Bundesliga (which is a shame beacuse I wanted a Lewandowski minifgure!)

Edited by Robert8

Oh and the site cofirms this will be relased in June 2016, coincidentally with the 2016 Eurocup

So, next year's line-up goes like this:

-January: CMF Series 15

-May (assumed): CMF Disney

-June: CMF German Team

-September: Unknown

Could it be a generic footballer, 1 from each nation that qualified for the Euros on a European release? So a minifig with shorts/socks & the national team torso with a football included & stickers for the back of the torso?

Proper blind packaging

^ I doubt it. And if they did, it would be tough for them to get agreement from all the individual football associations to use the badges and kits.

If you've ever looked at the Panini stickers, check out England. They always end up with a generic flag rather than the badge, and the kits are airbrushed white. The English FA won't allow Panini to use the badge or kit, as they sell rights to Topps. Character Building has had a license for international kits, I wonder if some of those licenses are still current.

Should be a Euro 2016 series with all teams with a wider release. Can't help but think 16 x German player minifigs won't make for a great collecting experience. Minimal accessories too (a ball, and ummm....?) unlike Team GB 2012, which will make the whole blind bag experience particularly frustrating. Especially for football-mad kids...even German ones.

Should be a Euro 2016 series with all teams with a wider release. Can't help but think 16 x German player minifigs won't make for a great collecting experience. Minimal accessories too (a ball, and ummm....?) unlike Team GB 2012, which will make the whole blind bag experience particularly frustrating. Especially for football-mad kids...even German ones.

Has it been confirmed that it is a series of 16? It could have a different number (like Team GB). A series of 11 numbered and named players would make sense, or could be 11 + substitutes.

Although you are right it could be a bit boring. Most German players even seem to have the same haircut, so not much variation at all!

If it is actual (named) players, I wonder if they would go down the fleshie skin route?

If it is a Euro 2016 series, I don't really get the German DFB connection. The DFB only does it's own marketing, not marketing for other national FA's. Plus there are 24 teams in Euro 2016. It would be pointless to do a series with only some of them so the series would need to be 24 sets.

Edited by MAB

According to CM4Sci, this series will have 4 variations:

Well, the Soccer series has four different variations depending on the 4 countries they're going to be sold in. Who knows.

Edited by Robert8

Can we get this thread's name changed to 71014 Soccer CMF or something?

I was told by someone we consider an insider that there could possibly be 4 different versions of this series, one for each country these are going to be sold in -

Germany with German players

France with french players

UK with UK players

and Spain with Spanish ones.

:sweet:

Sure we will, on ebay with a 70% markup. Luckily i do a lot of traveling in the summer when these are due, and Germany happens to be a big place in my way of wherever i wish to go. If these don't come with any special parts or hairs, i don't think i'll care for them anyway.

I am not too exited for these, but we will see ;) I might get those for the sake of collecting or for any Borussia Dortmund players.

Can we get this thread's name changed to 71014 Soccer CMF or something?

I was told by someone we consider an insider that there could possibly be 4 different versions of this series, one for each country these are going to be sold in -

Germany with German players

France with french players

UK with UK players

and Spain with Spanish ones.

:sweet:

I hope not. I'd prefer available in UK (or even just England) with England players. While it would be great for those in Northern Ireland or Wales to get their players, I doubt the markets are big enough there. Plus it would be great to see Scottish collectors having to get a purely England team to be complete :-)

That said, I'd prefer they did one minifig in generic (unnamed) strip for each country.

I hope not. I'd prefer available in UK (or even just England) with England players. ... Plus it would be great to see Scottish collectors having to get a purely England team to be complete :-)

How so?

I am not too exited for these, but we will see ;) I might get those for the sake of collecting or for any Borussia Dortmund players.

I'd say Mat Hummels and Marco Reus are the most likely BD players to show up in this series

Edited by Robert8

I'd say Mat Hummels and Marco Reus are the most likely BD players to show up in this series

Maybe a Roman Weindenfeller minifig?

Maybe a Roman Weindenfeller minifig?

I bet each series will have only 11 minifigures, and the goalkeeper would be Neuer for sure

Just in case it´s 16, my guesses are: 11 lineup, Sub goalkeeper, sub defence, 2 sub Midfielders, sub Striker

Just in case it´s 16, my guesses are: 11 lineup, Sub goalkeeper, sub defence, 2 sub Midfielders, sub Striker

And the coach?

Joachim Loew accessory could be a new booger piece so he can eat it :laugh:

joachim.jpg

Weidenfeller is definitely no option. Reus and Hummels should be save for Germany. IF they release real life persons of course.

Edited by KCMatze