CM4Sci

Minecraft 2016

And it is a bit weird that the formula 'with higher set number comes higher price' does not apply here.

Also the Wither set has the exact same size as the Iron Golem set?

My favourites are still Iron Golem and Jungle Tree House.

Edited by Moelli

Thanks for the descriptions! The Jungle Tree House sounds awesome, I've only just finished getting the most recent wave!

What are the chances of ever getting a big D2C set on this theme I wonder....we need chickens and squid!

Thank you for finding these informations. I think the jungle tree house will be great (an ocelot !) and I will be looking forward to see the wither. I hope it will be awesome.

The prices seem to be weird IMO. Are they definitive ones ? TLG made strange things with the pricing in minecraft theme I think...

I wonder how the designers have dealt with the End portal. Both the portal blocks and the substance have cool/mysterieus detailing in the game, but the LEGO prints tend to be more simpified. A jungle treehouse in that price range will probably look great, Wither set sounds cool too.

And yes, dissappointed about the abscence of chickens. And enchantment table. Dyed leather armour would be nice too...

Excuse my bad.. naming of Minecraft stuff, I stay far away from that stuff so sorry if I get the names wrong, but boxes show -

21124 - Diamond Armor Steve, 2 Endermen, 'Cat Spider' (dark blue?)

21125 - Iron Golem (small model using Mixel joints) Baby pig, Alex, Zombie

21126 - Alex, Steve with a helmet, Skeleton, Creeper, yellow fox thing, sheep

21127 - Ok, first of all, I don't understand what this is. It's literally some orange/dark red plates, and a giant knock down wall. It has 2 black skeletons, and a 3 headed black ghost thing. Steve with silver armor is standing on a giant bulky "rock" with an exploding feature.

21124 - Diamond Armor Steve, 2 Endermen, 'Cat Spider' (dark blue?)

That's a cave spider :laugh: Good to know it has a different colour than the regular one. The "yellow thing" is an Ozelot :classic:

21127 - Ok, first of all, I don't understand what this is. It's literally some orange/dark red plates, and a giant knock down wall. It has 2 black skeletons, and a 3 headed black ghost thing. Steve with silver armor is standing on a giant bulky "rock" with an exploding feature.

And that's the Wither, a boss that can be spawned by the player after acquiring three Wither skeleton heads :wink:

Thanks for the descriptions! :thumbup:

Judging by the pictures, the new sets are superb additions to the theme :wub: The Iron Golem looks just like he does in-game, the baby pig and the ozelot are both very cute and the Wither is incredibly accurate :thumbup: Luckily, the Ender eyes are printed 1x1 round tile (just as I predicted) and we also get bookshelves, some cocoa beans and new flowers :laugh: There are only two things that truly bother me: the legs of the cave spider which don't match the colour of the rest of its body and the Wither Skeleton's swords. Those should be dark bluish gray instead of pearl silver since the Wither Skeletons wield stone pickaxes, not iron ones :grin:

Judging by the pictures, the new sets are superb additions to the theme :wub: The Iron Golem looks just like he does in-game, the baby pig and the ozelot are both very cute and the Wither is incredibly accurate :thumbup: Luckily, the Ender eyes are printed 1x1 round tile (just as I predicted) and we also get bookshelves, some cocoa beans and new flowers :laugh: There are only two things that truly bother me: the legs of the cave spider which don't match the colour of the rest of its body and the Wither Skeleton's swords. Those should be dark bluish gray instead of pearl silver since the Wither Skeletons wield stone pickaxes, not iron ones :grin:

Where have you seen these pictures?

Having seen these new sets, i'm in love with that iron golem. He's the highlight of the wave. Other than that, not much going on besides the new cave spider and that yellow cat.

After finding the set pictures, I believe that while this wave may not have the best of builds, besides The Jungle Tree House and The End Portal, the selection of new mobs is quite exceptional. The Iron Golem has a new head, which could be used for Villagers in future sets, and appears squared, yet posable. I agree that the Cave Spider should have navy blue parts for the legs, instead of the black ones that they have. But, I am quite content with how the Wither Skeletons turned out, being taller than the other minifigures, as well as the Wither, which would seem large enough to be accurately scaled.

Where's the images?

Sorry, we can't post any links. :sad: But these are just the final box images. Who wants to see links, send me PM (personal message). :wink:

Got the links.

If the iron golum set is 20 bucks, i'm going for one w/o a doubt. The wither is a no unless i can catch it on sale for about 20 tops. I heard someone say its going to be like 30 or 40 and its not worth it when all the parts either exist or are just a new color/print. Unless i can find the tree house for 60 tops, i'll pass. And what's with the ocelot? It looks more like a squirrel. And with the enderman thing, unless i can catch it for 40 tops, i'll pass