I like this set. It has a nice angular look that is clearly LEGO.

Much appreciated! There are numerous techniques involved to recreate the quintessence of the actual snowspeeder, while still noticeably being LEGO.

There is also then the structural integrity that can be liken to actual sets released by LEGO

right lilimefromdafuture

its almost together just for the life of me i cant figure out the outer most parts of the heat sink fins where the lower airbrakes fit to them. they just dont seem to attach anywhere and its quite confusing in LDD

Edited by smiffyraf1

right lilimefromdafuture

its almost together just for the life of me i cant figure out the outer most parts of the heat sink fins where the lower airbrakes fit to them. they just dont seem to attach anywhere and its quite confusing in LDD

Hi smiffyraf1

Congratulations on your progress so far. Now, the heat sink can be a tricky part to comprehend how it is designed—it took me a measure of time referencing my computer screen back and forth to completely understand it. I don't have any detailed photos of how it is designed, though, I can, and most likely will, take photos depicting the most coherent steps to recreate it, and post them here for you or anyone else. Smiffyraf1, my best recommendation for proceeding with this section is to construct it from the outermost part. Build alongside the digital model (the generated instructions would be of no help because of its sporadic behavior for processing the steps), and as you progress use the hide tool or delete the parts you already used.

Edited by LiLmeFromDaFuture

Hi smiffyraf1

I am wondering if you still need help figuring out how to put together the heat sink and lower air brakes? I haven't took any photos yet, but still my strongest recommendation is to build from the outermost part, that is the lower air brakes, then proceed to the littlest cooling fin, then the larger ones, until you finally completed one side of the heat sink, and then proceed with the other side.

If you need deeper explanation to this or would just prefer photos reply back.

Much appreciated,

LiLmeFromDafuture

thanks mate, yeah sorry for the lack of updates i had just been waiting on some 3lbars shes all finished now and is a beaut! couldnt have done it (obviously) without all your help and generosity in sharing your files. have included some pics :)

BL orders start arriving!

IMG_7184_zpsjmlaazp3.jpg

enough here to make the wings and very nice they are too

IMG_7192_zpsmbtgunc2.jpg

cockpit underway also

IMG_7193_zpsxmpo48ut.jpg

the finished article

IMG_7238_zps9taprzud.jpg

with some old friends

IMG_7239_zpsinh3oc6h.jpgjust seeing it together with the early system one shows how wrong it was. a huge improvement.

Edited by smiffyraf1

@ smiffyraf1

Beautiful work friend—congratulations!

I just have a few questions about you experience…

• Was it an enjoyable build for you?

• Is there anything interesting you found with the model?

• Was there anything you did not like with the build or had questions about?

• Do you have any other questions, comments, or concerns about the model and the techniques used?

Get back whenever you can,

LiLmeFromDaFuture

hi again.

well it is the first time ive ever wanted something so bad i had to bricklink it. so all of my issues were with bricklink really as it was a nightmare finding the individual parts based on the LDD description 4-5 of them i ordered wrong parts for but despite this i still enjoyed the process maybe more than a normal set, more challenging if that makes sense?! i know there is an LDD manager you can use but unfortunately there doesnt seem to be a mac version.

nothing i didnt like at all really i expected stability in the wings to be severely compromised due to the brick build but they are actually pretty sturdy. The wing cannons were a pain.and still maybe seem a bit delicate. the only real solution i could see is changing the 1x1 brick with hole to something 1x2 that the bars continue through but a minor niggle really. its still very swooshable!

Your suggestion of using the build view and deleting parts solved my issues with the heatsink, there are still a few 1x2 tiles on there that are slightly off dark bley but will correct them over time. overall am glad i did it. Overall cost was high down to me being a noob with bricklink and ordering from maybe 20+ sellers so maybe around 40-50 GBP but still worth it.

its a fantastic build and a great looking model all, credit to yourself.

I am looking forward to any future builds from yourself and hope that in the future you allow donation for instructions etc. like others do as i still feel a bit of a pirate when you have put so much work into it.

Regards

Smiffyraf1

Edited by smiffyraf1

hi again.

well it is the first time ive ever wanted something so bad i had to bricklink it. so all of my issues were with bricklink really as it was a nightmare finding the individual parts based on the LDD description 4-5 of them i ordered wrong parts for but despite this i still enjoyed the process maybe more than a normal set, more challenging if that makes sense?! i know there is an LDD manager you can use but unfortunately there doesnt seem to be a mac version.

nothing i didnt like at all really i expected stability in the wings to be severely compromised due to the brick build but they are actually pretty sturdy. The wing cannons were a pain.and still maybe seem a bit delicate. the only real solution i could see is changing the 1x1 brick with hole to something 1x2 that the bars continue through but a minor niggle really. its still very swooshable!

Your suggestion of using the build view and deleting parts solved my issues with the heatsink, there are still a few 1x2 tiles on there that are slightly off dark bley but will correct them over time. overall am glad i did it. Overall cost was high down to me being a noob with bricklink and ordering from maybe 20+ sellers so maybe around 40-50 GBP but still worth it.

its a fantastic build and a great looking model all, credit to yourself.

I am looking forward to any future builds from yourself and hope that in the future you allow donation for instructions etc. like others do as i still feel a bit of a pirate when you have put so much work into it.

Regards

Smiffyraf1

Aw, I wish I emphasize the conveniency of utilizing the program that I used called "BrickStock," because I too have a MacBook Pro. I found it when searching Bricklink for help on how to generate a wanted list of all the parts one would need without the hassle of finding them one by one. It is rather easy to use, probably simpler than LDD Maneger, though sometimes, the program does not recognize the differing part numbers Bricklink and LDD can have, but BrickStock has an easy way for the user to handle that. Simply, on the LDD model click on file then export model or directly commence "command E," next change the format to "LDraw–Files (*.ldr)" and export. On BrickStock go over to file then import or to the opened file image and import the LDraw model, or directly commence "command I, and L." After you correct any errors, once more go over file then export or otherwise the save file image and select "Bricklink Wanted List XML to Clipboard," or more directly, commence "command E, and W. Afterwards, you will be prompted to "Enter the ID number of the Wanted List," if you already have a wanted list made for the model insert its number or "leave blank for the default Wanted List. Now that you have your wanted list of all the parts you need, go to "By Shop" to search through stores who have the parts you need. Usually, you will not find a store that has all the parts you need. If you do, their parts are oftenly overcharged—just tips, but I hope this helps you in the future.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the build. I know another fragile thing would be the upper air brakes, as they are only connected by one stud (but I just glued those parts together :grin:). I did wanted to receive five dollars at maximum for compensation for all the work, but I have no experience of selling anything online nor how to handle others buying from different countries. It would have been appreciable for funding my upcoming AT-AT & AT-ST walker models—I am currently designing the AT-ST in LDD but the AT-AT is being built outside of that because there is perhaps numerous of illegal connections.

i will have to look at the at-st once done, i wouldnt mind one, theres a really good one i think has nailed it thats kind of a mix between endor and hoth that i would like on this forum. but will wait to see what you achieve.

i will have to look at the at-st once done, i wouldnt mind one, theres a really good one i think has nailed it thats kind of a mix between endor and hoth that i would like on this forum. but will wait to see what you achieve.

I suppose you are referring to anothergol's AT-ST (also here on Ideas)? If so, his is remarkable, even besides the fact he was able to fit two minifigures inside, it looks very pretty. I heard it is available, you have to contact him through personal messenger and ask him if he is still giving out the LDD file. I as well, wanted to build a minifigure-scale AT-ST with more SNOT techniques and used his designed for the waist, because it was quite innovative the way he used those paint rollers to make some of the features on the AT-ST. However, I using certain elements for my AT-ST as mandatory (the 6 x 6 tile for the front armor plate on the face or certain elements for the cannons), my scale was predetermined. It will be UCS scale, which is fine, since I will be able to incorporate more details into the model. I wanted to finish a "first draft" of the model and share that before making several revisions like I have with the snowspeeder, but recently I have been thinking about sharing my current progress on the model.

Wow! This is awesome! I can't wait to add this to my Battle of Hoth! Just need a few more posts and the .lxf is mine! :sweet:

Edited by Ber Teh Unicern

Hey...the .lxf is not working! I tried to download it, but an error message said that it could not find the attachment! Mind sending out another .lxf file?

Wow! This is awesome! I can't wait to add this to my Battle of Hoth! Just need a few more posts and the .lxf is mine! :sweet:

Hey...the .lxf is not working! I tried to download it, but an error message said that it could not find the attachment! Mind sending out another .lxf file?

Hi, thanks, and apologies for getting back to late, but I will certainly re-upload the file and get it working for you.

Though, I do note that the connection between the wings and the body, which involve modified plates with clips, does not hold up so well after a while; they ended up breaking. I am currently revisiting that area with implementing 14704.jpg & 14417.jpg to improve the connection, as well as improving some of the structure, so I will release an updated file with those revisions as soon as I can. However, if you cannot wait, which I certainly understand, I will upload the old file until then.

For some odd reason the original file could not be downloaded, but here is the file re-uploaded now featuring the Speed Champions windshield.

Although I am working on implementing some revisions to the structure of the aircraft where some areas are weak, probably in addition, finding alternatives to some rare elements (such as the sunroof element), and the illegal connections.

Absolutely love this model :wub:

Looking forward to see what you come up with to replace the sun screen.

Nice build! I like your use of SNOT on the wings. it looks great. What piece is the front windshield? Is it from Speed Champions?

Thankyou. The front windshield is indeed from Speed Champions (18972), and it works perfectly because its tallness allows room for the minifigure to sit upright and the element slopes all the way to the top; covering up the the 1 plate thickness of the roof. However I hope at some point Lego will produce a windscreen exclusively designed for the Snowspeeder; just like they did for the new X-wings.

Thanks for re-upload and for updates - it is great that you put the effort in making this more likely buildable for the others :) How is this ATAT going by the way?

Thanks for re-upload and for updates - it is great that you put the effort in making this more likely buildable for the others :) How is this ATAT going by the way?

Your welcome; it's a pleasure contributing to this community. It has not been smooth sailing with the walker. It seems like when once something is solved a new issue arise :sadnew:. Though of course that is a part of the process :classic: The current problem is that I have four legs each adjusted in a different position, and because so, they do not stand leveled (some stand high, others lower, and some in between), and with the limited angles of the Technic turntable it is not such an easy fix to counteract the offsets. The position of each leg has to work within the limitations of the turntable, though if one set of two legs shared the same position and the other set of legs another, (in which those certain positions work with the turntable), that is a possible solution, but not a very dynamic looking one…

Besides that, I have updated and improved some details of the leg, as well the stability of the legs when bent (because with only a single joint it is significantly wobbly, just as Fuppylodders warned some pages back). Some time back I had typed up the full details of this update in the comment section (which was considerably long, especially longer than this), but I accidentally quit out of the window browser, and Eurobricks did not autosave anything that I wrote *oh2*:angry::hmpf_bad::facepalm::cry_sad:.

Well, anyway, still working on the updates for Snowspeeder, and I probably would of had them released sooner, but I also have been multitasking with heavily revising the design of my AT-ST.

In all of this I am keeping my mind off the frustrations I had with the AT-AT & Eurobricks' comment section :grin:.

Man what an awesome MOC ! That is just superb work and a fantastic write up and great photos too.

Guys, is there a pdf or weblink where I could get the building instructions? I don't have any lego design software as I have chromebook and iPhone, and no microsoft windows PCs anymore.

Many thanks

Man what an awesome MOC ! That is just superb work and a fantastic write up and great photos too.

Guys, is there a pdf or weblink where I could get the building instructions? I don't have any lego design software as I have chromebook and iPhone, and no microsoft windows PCs anymore.

Many thanks

Unfortunately there is no pdf, as I have no experience in designing instructions or know anyone who has a lot of time on their hands that would just do it. This is why it would be so convenient if LDD was made available on tablets, and if they implemented a sign-in feature so you can access your library of models from whatever device or computer (I have to get this idea across to Lego).

However, I could probably, somehow, upload the LDD generated instruction HTML, but I quote myself:

Although I am working on implementing some revisions to the structure of the aircraft where some areas are weak, probably in addition, finding alternatives to some rare elements (such as the sunroof element), and the illegal connections.

I still have yet to finish those improvements, and LDD has this queer demeanor of generating the steps for the instructions in a illogical and sporadic fashion, unless the assemblies are properly grouped—so that would be more work to accomplish. However, if you want the HTML of generated instructions for the old and outdated version regardless, just say the word, and I will see to it if it can be done.

Thanks buddy, it is a wonderful moc anyhow and would look superb on my desk at work ! I will take html or any insturctions you have please about the construction of this superb snowspeeder. You are a master builder !!

p.s I love that AT-AT 'head' in your signature too. Is there a link to that on eurobricks too as I would love to read about that!

James