Great work on this, but I'm worried you haven't given Lars enough credit. As somebody who recreated his Snowspeeder from scratch, I see you've incorporated all of his innovations as well as the general shape and frame, but you did a great job of adding a SNOT look to his wings and your own flair to the cannons and canopy. You definitely did a great job on this, but I feel compelled to share that this is still Lars's design at its core.https://www.flickr.c...157626336430183

Thanks to LilmeFromDaFuture's explanations and pictures, I now see his fuselage design really is unique compared to Lars's, and that he credited Lars appropriately. Sorry about that.

Also think you should post pictures of your original nose design because it looks pretty great!

Edited by icarusbird

Great work on this, but I'm worried you haven't given Lars enough credit. As somebody who recreated his Snowspeeder from scratch, I see you've incorporated all of his innovations as well as the general shape and frame, but you did a great job of adding a SNOT look to his wings and your own flair to the cannons and canopy. You definitely did a great job on this, but I feel compelled to share that this is still Lars's design at its core.

https://www.flickr.c...157626336430183

Hi,

I am very familiar with Larry Lars' work, therefore would affirm that you are truly incorrect for assuming such. For future reference I will add this page to the topic, but if you have done your research here, you would have experienced that built mine completely from scratch, off-based of his, and over the course of three months. You stress that I have used "ALL" of his innovations, but what you do you actually mean by this is beyond my comprehension of what you wrote, as again, I entirely built mine from brick one, but clearly I forwent his innovative working winch, his innovative and sophisticated design for the upper air brakes, or his innovative interior. However, I made mention that I have only implemented Lars' innovative design for the nose and heat sink, and the rest of my model is genuinely original. As my model is concerned, the cockpit, though less sophisticated compared to his, is not as clunky, appropriately longer, and incorporates the new speed champions windscreen and the sunroof that is more accurate in shape. Besides, the studless make of the wings, which transitions smoothly to the body unlike what I have previously seen, the aft repulsor unit housings feature the grille pattern, which never before have I seen represented accurately. Likewise with the aft repulsor unit housing and the final stage energizers, the cheese slopes that border them are fashioned in a linear pattern (a continuous slope), which cannot be achieved when fashioning plates into wings, nor have I seen ever done for snowspeeders before. You profess that I used the "general shape and frame" of Lars, but that is the general aspect of the snowspeeder—a triangular shape. When you say frame, I believe you are referring to the body. In little ways ours are similar, as they function in the same way. But I feel you believe I discredit him by making a frame as well. How else would the other members (wings, nose, and heatsink) be connected if there is nothing to join them altogether at the central portion—is this not as well true for our head and limbs? Then mistakenly, you say I added to his wings by SNOTing them. This is clearly incorrect, as there are clearly two distinct systems at work—mine being bricks and his being plates. Again with originality, I have built my wings from the ground up without taking inspiration from his design. He made his wings as smooth as he could, but the limitations of using plates is more than obvious—though Mike Psiaki's did alright with plates. I can fathom how easily it is to presume this as a rehash of Lars' because of how recognizable the nose and heatsink are, but with what you felt compelled to share that I have failed to give enough credit to Lars, you have actually discredited me and the sums of my innovations by claiming they derive solely from his. Thank you complementing the little you did, but I am not, even at the slightest, writing off the whole of my original work that I invested three months in as someone's else or a MOD of theirs.

Thank you icarsubird for understanding. I apologize for the misconception which could have been avoided If I explained lightly on the design process in the main topic

Much appreciated,

LiLmeFromDaFuture

Edited by LiLmeFromDaFuture

Hi,I am very familiar with Larry Lars' work, therefore would affirm that you are truly incorrect for assuming such. For future reference I will add this page to the topic, but if you have done your research here, you would have experienced that built mine completely from scratch, off-based of his, and over the course of three months. You stress that I have used "ALL" of his innovations, but what you do you actually mean by this is beyond my comprehension of what you wrote, as again, I entirely built mine from brick one, but clearly I forwent his innovative working winch, his innovative and sophisticated design for the upper air brakes, or his innovative interior. However, I made mention that I have only implemented Lars' innovative design for the nose and heat sink, and the rest of my model is genuinely original. As my model is concerned, the cockpit, though less sophisticated compared to his, is not as clunky, appropriately longer, and incorporates the new speed champions windscreen and the sunroof that is more accurate in shape. Besides, the studless make of the wings, which transitions smoothly to the body unlike what I have previously seen, the aft repulsor unit housings feature the grille pattern, which never before have I seen represented accurately. Likewise with the aft repulsor unit housing and the final stage energizers, the cheese slopes that border them are fashioned in a linear pattern (a continuous slope), which cannot be achieved when fashioning plates into wings, nor have I seen ever done for snowspeeders before. You profess that I used the "general shape and frame" of Lars, but that is the general aspect of the snowspeeder—a triangular shape. When you say frame, I believe you are referring to the body. In little ways ours are similar, as they function in the same way. But I feel you believe I discredit him by making a frame as well. How else would the other members (wings, nose, and heatsink) be connected if there is nothing to join them altogether at the central portion—is this not as well true for our head and limbs? Then mistakenly, you say I added to his wings by SNOTing them. This is clearly incorrect, as there are clearly two distinct systems at work—mine being bricks and his being plates. Again with originality, I have built my wings from the ground up without taking inspiration from his design. He made his wings as smooth as he could, but the limitations of using plates is more than obvious—though Mike Psiaki's did alright with plates. I can fathom how easily it is to presume this as a rehash of Lars' because of how recognizable the nose and heatsink are, but with what you felt compelled to share that I have failed to give enough credit to Lars, you have actually discredited me and the sums of my innovations by claiming they derive solely from his. Thank you complementing the little you did, but I am not, even at the slightest, writing off the whole of my original work that I invested three months in as someone's else or a MOD of theirs.Much appreciated,LiLmeFromDaFuture
Hi again LiLmeFromDaFuture,Well I'm sorry I made you feel so defensive, and I honestly don't blame you for that considering how much time you put into your creation. It's certainly much more creative than anything I've done (mine is simply a 100% remake of Lars's), and I meant no offense in my perceived lack of tact. With that said, I took a closer look at your album as suggested, and realized your wings are wholly unique as you said, but you mustn't understate the importance of Lars's chassis in your design. As you said, the system that connects "our head and limbs" is, by definition, the centerpiece to any work, and there's no way to incorporate Lars's distinctive nose and heatsink without also utilizing his chassis. You've used different pieces to achieve your own distinct aesthetic, and you've clearly done very well in that, but to say you've only used the nose and tail section of another work when the entire model is dependent on the innovations in the original frame is unfair to the creator.Please message me if you wish to discuss further as I don't want to draw attention away from your creation; I just wanted to make sure Lars's gallery was available for your fans to draw their own conclusions. Take care, ~icarusbird

Great original design and thanks for taking the time to share your design with me!

Edited by icarusbird

Hi again LiLmeFromDaFuture,

Well I'm sorry I made you feel so defensive, and I honestly don't blame you for that considering how much time you put into your creation. It's certainly much more creative than anything I've done (mine is simply a 100% remake of Lars's), and I meant no offense in my perceived lack of tact. With that said, I took a closer look at your album as suggested, and realized your wings are wholly unique as you said, but you mustn't understate the importance of Lars's chassis in your design. As you said, the system that connects "our head and limbs" is, by definition, the centerpiece to any work, and there's no way to incorporate Lars's distinctive nose and heatsink without also utilizing his chassis. You've used different pieces to achieve your own distinct aesthetic, and you've clearly done very well in that, but to say you've only used the nose and tail section of another work when the entire model is dependent on the innovations in the original frame is unfair to the creator.

Please message me if you wish to discuss further as I don't want to draw attention away from your creation; I just wanted to make sure Lars's gallery was available for your fans to draw their own conclusions. Take care, ~icarusbird

Hello again icarusbird,

Briefly, I want to expound upon the design of the body of my snowspeeder. If you have read through the entire topic, though I would understand if you neglected to because it is quite lengthy, I have indeed designed the body of my snowspeeder since the beginning—well way before I came to implement Lars' nose and heat sink. I personally designed the body to especially accommodate the brick-designed wings, because the possibilities were very limited with bricks as opposed to designing the wings with plates. Now again, I have implemented Lars' nose and heat sink design and did not change much of that. Then in fact they are connected the same way: the nose with this attached to this, and the heat sink with these attached to those, but as similarities between the two entities go, that is practically as far as it gets, since they are not, by a slight step built the same way but except those two components. Logically, it is quite illogical to presume mine is completely parallel to his judging outwardly to what is similar, than inwardly to how each was individually designed by the builder—I independently of his design.

You are welcome. I guess next time I complete a large project I should at least share a little about it for quick reference, so no one would be misinformed or have to dig through seven pages worth of information—apologies.

Much appreciated,

LiLmeFromDaFuture

just finished bricklinking this today! cant wait.

thanks again for all your hard work LiLmeFromDaFuture

smiffy

Congratulations! I can sense the excitement—I love it!

I know it will be very fun experience, because it was for me. But if you have any difficulties, questions, comments feel free to say.

And I would love to see photos of your progress—you could post them here or right up a topic of your experience.

Much appreciated,

LiLmeFromDaFuture

I plan on building this at some point, it looks fantastic. I was surprised to see such a low piece count on this considering the level of detail.

Sounds like a good plan to me—I think it will be well worth the investment. Upon the piece count, well, every part does it job—nicely at that too. Though, I was surprised how much pieces came out of it—given the idea of something that is intended to be rather small (it is not that small by the way).

Absolutely stunning construction, I love it when people pay attention to the back of ships and this doesn't disappoint

Absolutely stunning construction, I love it when people pay attention to the back of ships and this doesn't disappoint

Thank you Steph 104th. The heat sink design came from Larry Lars, but something special I did with this feature was to not only make it grey, but old grey to give a slight representation of this section having been worn down by immense heat.

This will make a perfect friend to the Cavegods UCS AT-AT im building

This will make a perfect friend to the Cavegods UCS AT-AT im building

v0i0, I think that will be a perfect companion for such a magnificent beast.

And if you haven't already, I reccomend searching around for topics about others' experiences with building this MOC. It will be worth the time, especially with the issues I hear about the structure and different versions of files.

hi lilmefromdafuture.

do you know the number for the front windscreen part? i think the one in ldd is a different part.

Regards

Smiffy

hi lilmefromdafuture.

do you know the number for the front windscreen part? i think the one in ldd is a different part.

Regards

Smiffy

Hi smiffyraf1

The front windscreen is listed on Bricklink as Windscreen 5 x 4 x 1 1/3 (18972). It is a new part introduced from Lego Speed Champions line in sets 75912-1 (Porsche 911 GT Finish Line) & 75910-1 (Porsche 918 Spyder).

The one in LDD is just a place holder for that particularly new windscreen, since no updates has been issued for LDD to include the newest parts Lego has been manufacturing.

Much appreciated,

LiLmeFromDaFuture

When i saw the title i was like "Meh another snowspeeder MOC. Theese are made too much"

And i have been seeing it bumping to the top all the time i said "Whats all the Blatherin' about? Better check it out"

When i saw the speeder i was like "My god, This speeder is great! Soo much SNOT, snot is running down my nose!

When i saw the title i was like "Meh another snowspeeder MOC. Theese are made too much"

And i have been seeing it bumping to the top all the time i said "Whats all the Blatherin' about? Better check it out"

When i saw the speeder i was like "My god, This speeder is great! Soo much SNOT, snot is running down my nose!

HAHAHAHA :head_back:! The MOC is really congested with SNOTing techniques that it could be mistaken for not even being Lego (from a distance that is)!

Perhaps it is the definitive Lego T-47 current elements have to offer—from an exterior standpoint that is, as I didn't bother detailing the inside so much.

brilliant thanks for your help.

ordered the right one all the other bits bar a few still waiting for have arrived! cant wait.

Your welcome.

But I apologize for any inconveniences the place-holding part caused.

Glad your excited. If you can, I would love to see any photos of it finished.