Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

[O-H09] Skipper Five

18409479873_b6e2187680_c.jpg

---Comm. Pilot Cade Channel 005---

Well, this little mite is a strange one for a space-jockey like me. Not Sure I like these touchscreen control panels you've installed. Stick and yoke gives a better feel. Can't say I'd be glad to play with this one in-atmosphere, though it seems okay for playing sheepdog up here in orbit. Just how many EVA Techs do you expect to need rescuing for one threading operation?

*BsSSzzZZt*

Spoke too soon, there goes one, off to experience the vastness of space 'twere not for me.

---Comm. Close---

The Skipper class space skid/cruiser was designed for traffic operations between orbital stations situated above Octan assets. They ran cargo and crew-coach pods until the permanent orbital ring-transit system was put in place. Once assets grew in number well beyond the scope of each needing such dedicated installations as a Ringworld, these smaller craft were used in conjunction with the EVA teams who work in the construction of the Space Elevators on the orbital end of things. Running around the station much like a sheepdog around a herd of sheep, the craft fetch any EVA Tech who comes loose from their tether and brings them back to station. A vital safety feature and lifesaver on many occasions, any pilot who does a stint on a Skipper never wants for a drink at any bar with an EVA Tech. Octan has had to regulate the replication of service patches and pins as some ne'er do wells were using falsified Skipper service badges for free libations.

-*-

Just another little craft I put together. At first I put in wings, but once I decided it was for orbit only I scrapped the out of place feature to keep the lines cleaner. The 5 here now designates the asset number instead of the racing number it began life as.

Nice little build! The nose fits it well and it indeed looks very Octan. Looks blistering fast too. :thumbup: