Sign in to follow this  
Kodan Black

[O - F10] Majorly Contributing

Tags: Science, Octan, Civil

// PERSONAL DIARY //

I'd made my way down to the planet's surface. Not wanting to disappoint Dr. Long I decided that the best way to ensure success was to take some time and try the drone out with me nearby. I figured that if I kept to the shallower water I'd be ok. This would allow me to quickly make any changes that would be necessary to provide for the full utilization of our drone.

I'd been diving before but never with this kind of equipment. It was nice having someone else foot the bill for all the things I needed. As the drone performed basic maneuvers and initial analysis I was happy to see it functioning exactly as it should. Dr. Long would be most pleased! She was very attention to detail oriented and though often stern, you could see she cared. It was nice working for someone with such passion!

Sometimes people make mistakes and need to be punished to get them back in line. I know that if I screw up I would expect punishment; and it would be well deserved! We need strong women who aren't afraid to put people in line. Good thing there is no corporal punishment or I'd really be in trouble. There isn't corporal punishment anymore is there? Gotta read the employee handbook on that.

The test analysis was streaming back useful data already! The modifications would be pretty easy for me to replicate. If I grabbed maybe another dozen A12 units I could vastly speed up the scanning. Then Dr. Long would really be pleased with me. She might even ask me to work with her directly!

18951689332_e9561f7df2_c.jpg

Annoyingly in all my shots it seems the blue translucent bricks on either side of my minifig aren't visible. I assure you they aren't just big gaps. Also there is 1 small detail that if anyone notices will make me super happy.

Extra Shots:

18959994581_88b98e3397_c.jpg

18951689092_2af067622d_c.jpg

Nice underwater scene. I really like your sub.

Annoyingly in all my shots it seems the blue translucent bricks on either side of my minifig aren't visible.

I saw them. :thumbup:

Also there is 1 small detail that if anyone notices will make me super happy.

Your... starfish is wearing a hat?? :laugh:

Awesome scene! I love the way your sigfig is descending through the layers of water (and the gradient of clear and non clear blue bricks to indicate light levels and depth)!

Your flora represents the seaweed and kelp beautifully! And are those thermal vents?

And it looks like there is a pipe or cable in place. Hmm...

That Dr. Long, though...she's a tough cookie...

And it looks like there is a pipe or cable in place. Hmm...

Ah surely it is that, however I noticed it too easily so I was looking for something else. Still like the starfish with the beanie though. :laugh:

No one has guessed it yet! It is towards the front of the scene and may only be that I built it so I know what it represents. :laugh:

Are you talking about the clam trail?

Yay! I had it coming out from hiding and on the move! As a fan of snorkeling I love being able to follow the trails of various marine life to see what they are up to. So I knew I wanted to feature that. I was also pretty proud of the "flowing" kelp like stuff at the back right caught in the ocean's motion.

Edited by Kodan Black

Cool underwater scene. Koro got to Arium Major just in time, apparently.

Great build! You can tell a lot of thought went into all the little details, and I love the use of the flame pieces!