SevenStuds!

This picture should be the title picture of this Topic... So should photos in this topic looking... First I though that you have added background in Photoshop... but I know your technique... The car is little bit out of focus but it not so visible at first sight...

It's great! It looks like polar Aurora in the night sky... :) Perfect...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Some really good photos here!

I was experimenting with taking night shots of my last small-scale build, and this one shot came as a nice surprise. It had a 10 second exposure, and while the shutter was open, I swung a green EL wire in the background. The most difficult part was getting the manual focus right since I only relied on the lighting from a few led's. The idea was to use a light painting technique in near complete darkness. The final result is almost un-Photoshopped, besides the text overlay and very slight brightness/contrast adjustment.

Great job with the light painting.

If you have an external flash, you can use the focus assist LEDs on it. Or a flashlight can be used to temporarily light up your subject to help with focus. Both methods will work with autofocus. Remember to switch the lens back to manual after focus has been achieved. Also turn off the external flash so it doesn't fire when you take the picture.

Thanks for the comments!

Yes, next time a flashlight will definitely make things easier. Thanks dr_spock :)

One other lesson learned is to not have the aperture too large. My settings were at F 3.5, resulting in only the front grill being in focus. The rest of the car was too blurry, as pointed out by MaxSupercars.

Great job with the light painting.

If you have an external flash, you can use the focus assist LEDs on it. Or a flashlight can be used to temporarily light up your subject to help with focus. Both methods will work with autofocus. Remember to switch the lens back to manual after focus has been achieved. Also turn off the external flash so it doesn't fire when you take the picture.

Even PF lights or third party lights can be used. Here is a nasty looking thing I rigged up to help with lighting specific parts of my projects while photographing them that I think works well.

1442762384m_DISPLAY.jpg

Focusing light on specific parts of a model is often desirable. I have wrote all about this here:

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/419472

but briefly.......focusing lights on certain parts of a model but not others can make the builds look bigger than they really are: 1442192188m_DISPLAY.jpg

14427641611_DISPLAY.jpg

Or say you want to introduce something but only as a teaser...... dim, or focused light is the way to go.

14427633131_DISPLAY.jpg

All the photos you see here were taken with the nasty do-hickey you saw above.....

I think cardboard box is rather good background for technic photography:

That is a great idea!

Andy D

I use a bad camera but it takes some quite nice photos with a torch as a backlight:

http://www.brickshel...ar/dscn0513.jpg

http://www.brickshel...ar/dscn0532.jpg

And a slightly blurry one:

http://www.brickshel...ar/dscn0512.jpg

PS. Does anyone know how I can get the photo to appear here as an actual photo, not just a hyperlink?

Edited by Technic Jim

I use a bad camera but it takes some quite nice photos with a torch as a backlight:

http://www.brickshel...ar/dscn0513.jpg

http://www.brickshel...ar/dscn0532.jpg

And a slightly blurry one:

PS. Does anyone know how I can get the photo to appear here as an actual photo, not just a hyperlink?

Your photos are too big to comply with Eurobricks Site Guidelines. You should resize them to 800x600 before uploading to Brickshelf and then use the IMG tags around the hyperlink to deeplink.

Your photos are too big to comply with Eurobricks Site Guidelines. You should resize them to 800x600 before uploading to Brickshelf and then use the IMG tags around the hyperlink to deeplink.

Thank you!

http://www.brickshel...ar/dscn0531.jpg

And the blurry one:

Its still not working? They are at 800x600 pixels so why? Thank you

Edited by Technic Jim

My some photos of Technic Sets and MOCs (without editing):

Set 8285

22063983239_e670498804_b.jpg

Tatra 813 by Madoca

22041897659_54ef617d2d_b.jpg

Red Phantasm Twin Turbo by Crowkillers

22015761252_5caa513508_b.jpg

Pony Car by Nathanaël Kuipers

22028051305_1ac02377d5_b.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo by Crowkillers

16546443711_5275a793b4_b.jpg

Edited by ifilin

And How to shot Lego Technic photos (cheap method) :laugh: :

QB6Ge.jpg

v1C88.jpg

Edited by ifilin

Ifilin: Beautiful pictures! Where did you get those lamps?

Thank You nxtstep101 for the good words. :classic:

I've bought those lamps at market selling any electric stuff for house.

These are halogen lamps 500 Watts for backlight of show-windows etc and I've just added AC leads (wires) to them.

Edited by ifilin

My some photos of Technic Sets and MOCs (without editing):

Wow, those pictures are very crisp!

Thought I'd share some of the pics that I'm fairly satisfied with as well, after I started to actually take some care when doing pictures :blush:

They have all been shown in their respective topics earlier, but anyhow, here we go:

8420 MOD

800x533.jpg

Crane Truck with trailer and Swingloader Mk IV

800x533.jpg

Recovery Truck 2

800x530.jpg

Excavator/Materials handler

800x533.jpg

All pictures are unedited except for using the "auto-adjust" feature in Windows Photo Gallery :thumbup:

Wow, those pictures are very crisp!

Thought I'd share some of the pics that I'm fairly satisfied with as well, after I started to actually take some care when doing pictures :blush:

Thank You D3K for the good words.

Your photos are beautiful too. :thumbup:

Soon I will start building of Your great 6x6 Offroad Modular Truck

I've already gathered all parts for it. :sweet:

My favourite technic photos are these three, both taken outside around my house.

dscn0531.jpg

dscn0512.jpg

dscn0513.jpg

Cheers Dr_Spock

Edited by Technic Jim

Ohh yeahhh... I got the same Clone Commander but I had never Idea to put it on a motorbike! I must do it immediatelly! :D :D :D

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Ohh yeahhh... I got the same Clone Commander but I had never Idea to put it on a motorbike! I must do it immediatelly! :D :D :D

Max...

Yes, I tried him also on streetbike (little bit hanging on for his life):

WzrlPlA.jpg

And my electric aided mountain bicycle:

eoDdTc7.jpg

:laugh:

Here's some fun photography the outdoor photos have little edits done to them such as adjusting hue and white balance.

21972080504_f169210f8a_c.jpgLego AMX 13 75 (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

22594836615_ec76f5ac9a_c.jpgLego AMX 13 75 (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

Here's a example between the rough photo and a final edited photo. I basically removed the entire space around the model with the paths tool, and added a new layer with shadows below the model. I took the photo in RAW format, but for some reason it was only around half of the size of the JPG photos that the camera normally takes. It said on the readout for the camera that RAW is 4272x2848 and ended up being half the size when imported into GIMP... I guess I will stick to JPG next time, I don't really see all of the advantages of RAW data, besides color correction. Oh well it turned out fine though.

21972054434_71cfeef300_c.jpgLego AMX 13 75 (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

After editing ( edited in GIMP)

22606049601_9dc5d6beb2_c.jpgLego AMX 13 75 (RC) by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

And here the Clone Commander on chopper... :D

Max...

Cody looks awesome on that chopper :thumbup: And fantastic photo by the way, cool!