just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Because Batman got a tan in the desert. Duh.

Plus, if he used the old flesh head, he'll have some horrible tan lines on his face :grin:

This set is actually pretty good. I had zero expectations after seeing the figures leaked earlier on but I really like the play-set. :wub:

The buggy is pretty well designed and is actually a really nice Bat-vehicle. :thumbup:

I can totally see the set taking inspiration from the Hobbit Barrel Escape.

Not sold on Talia but I love the big wooden doors and the ancient jail area with the stone stairs.

The tiny Lazarus kiddie pool is also nice. :laugh::thumbup: :thumbup:

£40? That's extortionate. I'll wait for an offer or when I get some money off via my VIP card. Sure I want that set, but £40 is not happening. I'm struggling to see the price of £30 being reasonable for the set right now.

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

I don't mind the buggy on the Ra's set, but the build is really lackluster. Big fan of the League, so I guess I'll have to get it though...

I wish we got one of two league members in this set. We've had 4 henchmen over the years (2 of Joker's and two of Two-Face's), it'd be nice if we had some ninjas hanging around.

The £40 price tag is pretty much what I would expected after the $60 Battle of Takadona and $250 Assault on Hoth was released, and all of them are undersized play sets with a ridiculous price tag slapped on it!

That set is somehow worse than the Spider-man Construction site set..

Thats a bit of a over statement

Not really, in my opinion. At least the construction site was a decent build. This set is just plain ugly and boring. Not even the minfigs are good. The fact that 0 of them have leg printing is bologna to me when they're asking for $30-$40 for mediocre builds.

Edited by Ultron

is leg/arm printing or dual-moulding seen as "the norm" now?? what next? someone complaining that minifig hands don't look authentic enough to match the comics?

personally, I think it's a decent set for what it is! everyone complaining about the details or the complexity of the sets seems to be overlooking one small aspect - Lego is (primarily) a children's toy, and as long as kids are happy with it, that's the primary goal of the designer

just because adults are into Lego too doesn't mean that small sets like this are aimed at the adult market, that is what the expert/UCS sets are supposed to be for (apart from the Hoth joke!)

I'm very surprised it took this long for someone to complain about the lack of leg printing!

None of the characters included are ever really portrayed as having anything on their legs that could be printed on.

Yeah, this set doesn't need arm/leg printing. There aren't preexisting details that needed to be represented on the characters' limbs.

is leg/arm printing or dual-moulding seen as "the norm" now?? what next? someone complaining that minifig hands don't look authentic enough to match the comics?

personally, I think it's a decent set for what it is! everyone complaining about the details or the complexity of the sets seems to be overlooking one small aspect - Lego is (primarily) a children's toy, and as long as kids are happy with it, that's the primary goal of the designer

just because adults are into Lego too doesn't mean that small sets like this are aimed at the adult market, that is what the expert/UCS sets are supposed to be for (apart from the Hoth joke!)

leg printing is definitely the norm now, arm printing and dual molding- not so much. They happen once in awhile, but still pretty uncommon. As far as to why 3 minifigures with normal sized legs don't have printing, count me confused. I honestly don't understand why Lego can't give batman some leg printing, it doesn't have to be as detailed as Iron Man's, just some small details .

I am honesty super freaking pumped for this set. Damian is second only to Bruce himself for me in all of the DC universe, and the whole Bruce/damian/talia/ra's circle of beef is one of my favorite elements of the bat universe. The last set to feature Damian wasn't that great, and didn't come with his hood which is very crucial to me. This set makes it irrefutibly clear that this is Damian as Robin, and getting a freakin Ra's mini figure is almost worth it alone. Talia is cool, but this is a much less iconic look for talia in my opinion. I prefer her all black outfits. Desert batman is definitely a cool minifigure as well. At this point, I have so many regular batman figures, it's nice to get something new even if it isn't really reflective of anything from comics (as far as I know)

As for the builds, I like the wall and staircase for sure. It's simple but looks cool. The buggy definitely looks very simple but I still think it looks super cool. The pit is definitely real wimpy, but I'm glad we're getting anything that resembles a Lazarus pit. It's also super easy to add to it and make it bigger yourself. To be honest though, Lazarus pits don't need to be huge pools the size of ponds. I don't mind their smaller appearances.

Either way, I am PUMPED for this. This set seems like a real fan service to real deal batman fans. You have to be much more than a surface batman fan to know what this set is all about.

leg printing is definitely the norm now, arm printing and dual molding- not so much. They happen once in awhile, but still pretty uncommon. As far as to why 3 minifigures with normal sized legs don't have printing, count me confused. I honestly don't understand why Lego can't give batman some leg printing, it doesn't have to be as detailed as Iron Man's, just some small details .

Ra's and Talia don't need leg printing as they aren't portrayed with detail on their legs and neither is batman really other than boots I suppose but that is more something for dual molding. Leg printing for the sake of the leg printing would be stupid.

I was thinking of getting it, but at $40 maybe not… definitely looks more like a $30 set. Ras looks cool, but Talia is disappointing… that female hairpiece is getting waaaayy overused :sceptic:

I am very happy with Talia, she looks a lot like her BTAS appearance, and we almost never get figs these days based off of BTAS since the old Batman line.