just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

https://m.facebook.com/jonathandaniel.yoker/posts/pcb.745885052184234/?photo_id=983139061778607&mds=%2Fphotos%2Fviewer%2F%3Fphotoset_token%3Dpcb.745885052184234%26photo%3D983139061778607%26profileid%3D1312282954%26source%3D48%26refid%3D18%26_ft_%3Dqid.6229160739047825659%253Amf_story_key.745885052184234%253Atl_objid.745885052184234%26cached_data%3Dfalse%26ftid%3Du_0_u&mdf=1

Anyone seen the new batman figure floating around? It's supposed to be one from a 2016 set and if you scroll down in that Facebook section there is a someone who has three. And an eBay seller has one here: http://m.ebay.com/itm/221969767265

There's enough people who have it to make me think it's possible, but I don't think Lego would make the sdcc figure in a set, they made the comic con green arrow in a set that was a little different. Any thoughts?

That's what I thought but it's a bit different and the eBay seller is in Mexico, which is where all the other early release figures are being sold from

Edited by Nickcastle101

https://m.facebook.c...tid=u_0_u&mdf=1

Anyone seen the new batman figure floating around? It's supposed to be one from a 2016 set and if you scroll down in that Facebook section there is a someone who has three. And an eBay seller has one here: http://m.ebay.com/itm/221969767265

There's enough people who have it to make me think it's possible, but I don't think Lego would make the sdcc figure in a set, they made the comic con green arrow in a set that was a little different. Any thoughts?

Could it be the batman for the Batcycle chase?

EDIT: It's definitely from the Batcycle Chase, just looked again to the prelim/box art pics.

Edited by Winter Soldier

That figure is identical to the 2011 SDCC Batman figure... except for the fact the print looks a bit crap.

For me it's another nail in the 'leaked' figure coffin. If people down in Mexico, either in the factory or elsewhere, are knocking out figures then saying they're leaks then it shows that they all are. Let's not go down that route again.

Looks like someone has access to Lego's printing plates and is printing these up... hence the large numbers of them available.

Could it be the batman for the Batcycle chase?

EDIT: It's definitely from the Batcycle Chase, just looked again to the prelim/box art pics.

So you're saying that the 2016 Batcycle chase set is using poorly printed versions of the 2011 SDCC exclusive Batman figure? A figure that they made a regular variant of in dark bley so as to keep the SDCC exclusive? When no other SDCC exclusive figure has ever been released in regular sets and they're continually creating new artwork designs for their figures they're going to use 5yr old exclusive artwork plates for a cheap set? Also.. the prelim image shows Batman in a grey suit doesn't it?

I'm assuming that when we get the official pics of the 2016 non-movie sets we'll all know once and for all whether these 'unreleased and genuine advance figures' are in fact fake rubbish being old out of market stalls in Mexico?

Edited by Robianco

So you're saying that the 2016 Batcycle chase set is using poorly printed versions of the 2011 SDCC exclusive Batman figure? A figure that they made a regular variant of in dark bley so as to keep the SDCC exclusive? When no other SDCC exclusive figure has ever been released in regular sets and they're continually creating new artwork designs for their figures they're going to use 5yr old exclusive artwork plates for a cheap set? Also.. the prelim image shows Batman in a grey suit doesn't it?

I'm assuming that when we get the official pics of the 2016 non-movie sets we'll all know once and for all whether these 'unreleased and genuine advance figures' are in fact fake rubbish being old out of market stalls in Mexico?

I'm talking about another pic of the Batcycle Chase, a high-resolution pic. But I cannot share confidential material on this forum :sad: .

I'm talking about another pic of the Batcycle Chase, a high-resolution pic. But I cannot share confidential material on this forum :sad: .

Link to any website that has it please?

You've got a final picture of the Cycle Chase?

The Batman in the prelims is the same one from Jokerland. It's also prelim sooo I dunno.

I saw a better picture of that figure last night and thought the light grey was badly added after the picture was taken.

If that figure ends up being real and is included with the set i will be disappointed. sure a new batman is better than one we already have but like, why do they feel the need to milk The Dark Knight Trilogy to the bone. The first tumbler and DK batman wave in 2008 was cool, the dark knight sdcc exlusive was also a nice little thingo, same with the bane set in 2013, the tumbler was a great collectors piece but felt funny seeing as they had announced the newer film series by then, but again, it was welcomed. but at this point to put a film batman, that now with batfleck, is outdated in a comic book set containing villains from suicide squad (another reason to have batfleck) instead of a comic book based batman just is like the point where is getting irritating (to me at least). with respect, in my opinion the DK franchise wasn't batman but more an individual film series using different characters with the same name, but thats just coming from a comic fan. doesn't mean i didn't think they were good. just wasn't batman in my opinion. so putting him into this comic book/ suicide squad movie related themed set gets under my skin. but hey whatever. we all know i'm going to buy it anyway :hmpf_bad:

So you have a high resolution box art pic that proves we're getting the 2011 SDCC batman figure in a £20 set?

You've got a final picture of the Cycle Chase?

The Batman in the prelims is the same one from Jokerland. It's also prelim sooo I dunno.

I saw a better picture of that figure last night and thought the light grey was badly added after the picture was taken.

The grey looks pretty iffy on those pictures. I musta admit that as iffy as the alignment etc looked it didn't strike me as being added afterwards although I see what you're getting at. It's the other shots that have the figure at flatter angles... if it's added after the fact they've done a good job of adjusting the colour for the light balance in the shot. The grey just looks rough and misaligned.

In both links the sellers other items are genuine lego so there is no reason for this not to be. I really hope it is genuine and that lego release more of the comic con figs

In both links the sellers other items are genuine lego so there is no reason for this not to be. I really hope it is genuine and that lego release more of the comic con figs

Green Arrow was released and modified slightly along with no leg printing... we got the figure and it was pretty close to the SDCC but it wasn't a complete copy so it couldn't be sold as such and kept the SDCC fig exclusive. Still not sure whey they'd put a 4 yr old exclusive minifigure in a new £20 set.

The things that jumps out at me on this fig and the other 'unreleased' figures is the quality of the print just isn't up to current Lego standards. I know customisers who sell parts with pad print misprints cheap and those errors are sometimes undetectable... these things are misaligned and rough... not forgetting the digitally printed 'unreleased figure'. If for some reason these are genuine it'll surprise the hell out of me but until I'm proven categorically wrong then I'll stick with iffy, possibly employee made, market stall fodder.

Not to beat a dead horse, but does the picture show clearly what Harley Quinn looks like? Is she using the red-and-blue colors, or is she a reprint of the Jokerland fig with a new face and hair?

Not to beat a dead horse, but does the picture show clearly what Harley Quinn looks like? Is she using the red-and-blue colors, or is she a reprint of the Jokerland fig with a new face and hair?

Well if there's a high resolution image of the box art in someone's possession then we should get a very detailed description of Harley.

The pics I talked about -

The first pic is the one that makes it look 'added'. It's the second one with even the right amount of blur that kind of says it's not faked on there. The gold ink is very metallic on there and looks like there is a bit of thickens to it... it's almost got a slight ripple to the ink.

I know some of the original SDCC figures were slightly misaligned but the black areas around the muscle armour was printed on an on this it isn't.. they grey ink looks like it touches the silver armour print. Then there's the use of the old head, cowl and cape if you want to get into detail about it.

They're also the same images as in the auction listing so at the moment there only seems to be one of those figures as opposed to many being sold all over the place.

Edited by Robianco

Let's please not beat dead horses with this continual debate on the legitimacy of minifigures supposedly hailing from the factories of Mexico.

Until such time that we can unequivocally confirm or deny the status of said figures, please do not bring up and debate these figures again. Patience is a virtue, and we'll find out soon enough whether these are truly Lego's designs or not.

Batman's chest is the same, but the legs are plain grey. This is still confidential material so maybe they'll change something. (I was not able to see that he would have dual molded legs, grey-black, or plain legs, grey. And Harley Quinn looks almost exactly like this: http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/139/711/original/LB3_The-Squad-Pack_Harley-Quinn.jpg?1417704912 (and with the same I mean the the Batman from Joker Land.

Edited by Winter Soldier

I love Robin, Bane and Batman's facial expressions. Sold.

I didn't want a red/blue Harlye Quinn, but she looks so good finished that Lego has convinced me. Congradulations Lego! You officially made me change my opinion.

THANK YOU!!! What an amazing set that is, and I'll just say now that is our new standard Btas figure we saw in every Batman included set last year other than 76025 (and 76027 if you count the head). Love the new Harley and Deadshot looks amazing. Also a new look at the Might Micros and that Bane figure... Just wow... I know it's comical but I love it, it has a great look to it.

That's a pretty nice Harley. And all the DC Mighty Micros are pretty darn cute; I especially like the Flash one.