just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

wahaha 290 euro? youd have to be a fool to buy it. and with the price of oil at a record low. lego fans who will buy anything blindly are only encouraging tlg's shameful pricing policy (especially in europe) and ruining the hobby for everyone else. i can easily afford this, but there is no way im gonna buy it, and im a tfan of adam west batman!

Bro, that is the spirit!! TLG, think before you place the price tag!!

It looks like most of the 2526 pieces are tiny, and with a footprint about the size of the Movie TMNT lair set, there is no value here.

Now I want to see the Killer Croc and Scarecrow sets. Hopefully those turn out better.

The price is indeed outrageously high but I know about the DVD set release for this TV show involved a lot of ....(what word do I use for this?)...but basically it was a huge pain in the behind to get it released. I am assuming the license fees must've cost an arm and a leg for the Lego group and it is reflecting through the 290€ price tag...

Somehow I think this set could be a failure in sales for the Lego Group and to the hardcore fans of the TV show. Lego will not sell as many as they anticipated enticing them to no longer release Batman 66 themed sets. The fans of the show can only have this March 1, 2016 set release and no other future releases.

I was really looking forward to seeing this set released. I watched Batman growing up, had the Mego figures, the Corgi die cast Batmobile, etc. But the price for this is outrageous! I was anticipating buying the Ghostbusters set because of my love for the characters, and it's the only good modular that Lego has released in years. But it's $350 USD. That's a stretch for me, but the GB set looks worth the money. This Batcave set looks like something pieced together just to attempt to justify its pricetag. Easy pass, unfortunately.

And the title of "Most poorly recieved/priced D2C" goes to...

I'm hoping this negative reception reaches LEGO somehow and teaches them something about proper set design and fair pricing. I'm going to be over the moon with my campy, colorful, '66 figs, but there's nothing that's going to put this up with the better D2Cs like the wonderfully detailed Arkham, the stunning GBHQ, and the attractive and extremely playable Ewok Village. I'm not really angry at this set, but I hate this feeling of reluctance, especially because I'm not sure what they could have done to improve it. Besides the Batpole and office area, not much happened in the cave itself, besides the death of Molly via nuclear reactor. I don't feel confident calling this a play set, because it doesn't have enough. It's more of a display set...wait.

It's a "Diss Play" set for making you struggle to find something to do with it.

I'm really struggling to make myself like this set, and feel the money would be better spent kick-starting my modular collection.

That Batcave is only $3 cheaper than both the BvS and Summer Waves put together. Just to put that into context for you. Absolutely ridiculous. Can't wait until NY Toy Fair, need to see the Summer Sets. Something tells me they'll be awesome.

Looking at it again, this Batcave rally seems too off. The inclusion of one random high tower and two middle ones looks wrong. The interior design is great, as are the vehicles, but well, it doesn't seem right together. And for that piece count, it's obviously mainly greebles and the like.

Looking at it again, this Batcave rally seems too off. The inclusion of one random high tower and two middle ones looks wrong. The interior design is great, as are the vehicles, but well, it doesn't seem right together. And for that piece count, it's obviously mainly greebles and the like.

And that's why I've taken the money I had put aside for the Batcave and used it to get the Brick Bank, and then maybe another modular next month. It's a real shame, and I'll probably brick link a couple of the figures, but I just can't justify the cost for what I get in return.

At first, the leaked pictures sort of hyped me up. But, after seeing the price tag and the designer video, ration comes into play.And I can now conclude that it is one of the most extremely overpriced and underperforming sets. At this price point, we deserve a grand quality set instead of a big messy collage of little pissant sets. I would rather the LEGO group scale up the set and make it a 1960s Wayne Manor (e.g. $350) and have the basement/cave to accommodate the classic batmobile ($30) which should be sold separately, just like the way the set GBHQ is made. But, now, every hope I once had is crushed to pieces.

Yet, the LEGO group could still probably make a few bucks out of the die-hard fans. But, you won't be counting my money for this set. I just wish that the LEGO group can take a tremendous fall for this piece for work and learn something from it. Failure in the present is the only way to guarantee the ever-lasting success in the future. I sincerely curse you on this , LEGO group. I am sorry for being the necessary evil. For the sake of product improvement, I need to be.

Edited by TakeaBrick

The Licensensing for this Lego set is very different from the dvd set. There are many celebrities in the show and character like the Green Hornet that have other compagnies or licensing issues. Since Lego is not making figures out of those celebrities and WB have recently come to aggreement with (I believe) Paramount this should not cost lego anymore than the regular DC sets.

Don't forget that DC currently has a 1966 comicbook series.

As for Bricklinking the figures, don't bet on it. They'll soon go for 20 euro's or more.

Edited by Cobb

The only problem I have with the Batcave set ia that i'm sure the batpoles should be to the left of the reactor. Otherwises it really is superb.

The only problem I have with the Batcave set ia that i'm sure the batpoles should be to the left of the reactor. Otherwises it really is superb.

They should be. Luckily, the sections do come apart and you can rearrange them.

...I would rather the LEGO group scale up the set and make it a 1960s Wayne Manor (e.g. $350) and have the basement/cave to accommodate the classic batmobile ($30) which should be sold separately, just like the way the set GBHQ is made.

Exactly my thoughts. Classic Wayne Manor in the style of GBHQ would have been epic. Whilst most of the action occurred in the study and the the Batcave they could have used creative license for the other rooms. Wayne manor was an attractive building and would look great in Lego form. This set is clearly aimed at nostalgic AFOLs, and displaybility of the set as it stands is pretty poor IMO.

And all those annoying little computers with stickers ALL over them!

GUYS. If any of you are Brits, the new DC sets are up on Argos... AND THIS: http://www.argos.co..../lego 76053.htm

EDIT: None are available to buy, they've just been listed. Someone at Argos told me that the new BvS sets are set to release alongside 76053 and the Mighty Micros. Also, it says 'Available from March' in the catalog.

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

Yeah, saw that, but never realised March. Bit odd. Do you think other retailers will sell batman vs superman this month or Febuary?

Unlikely, retailers like TRU and Smyths would have been seeling them the moment it was possible. Maybe there is some tighter restrictions on something or rather to do with BvS which means they can only be released in March here or something. Also noticed that the Mighty Micros are £8.99 here and 76053 is £19.99. Also....

LEGO 76044: Clash of the Heroes Review

Price: £11.99

Pieces: 92

Minifigs: Armoured Batman, Superman.

Review: I like this set, it gives you some real fun for such a small set. Obviously, the stars of the show are the minifigs, especially Batman. My only complaint about the minifigs is that I don't like the one-hole cape. Obviously it's good when the armour's on, but I like the torso print a lot, and that cape is one of a kind, but due to it only having one hole it doesn't stay down. The build is short but enjoyable, and there's so many little cool places like the stud box (ammo for krypto-gun) and the kryptonite nugget piece, which is real nice. I wish the computer thing by the Bat-signal was printed, but that's just my view. There's actually quite a few play features. My personal favourite is the Bat-signal-missile, which is printed, but I also like the little pin that you can launch Batman on. It allows Superman to utilise the super jumper and they can kinda go at each other. I like the loose barrier feature, but it can be annoying when you don't intend on using it and you so much as touch it and it falls off. The solution for that for me was to remove the circular stand it's on, put that on the 2x2 space in the middle, them place it on the studs so it's firmly in position. What I'm trying to say is I love this set. Excuse any typos (I am the king of typos).

Well at least I can confirm for myself that Deadshot doesn't have a cheesy grin. I watched J2G's video on the Classic Batcave, and it hyped me up for it. But I still can't get around that £230 price point. It just doesn't look enough for that.