just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

It could be a S@H exclusive, but maybe more for a VIP event relating to DC Comics like the Bat-Pod. This could also be like the Martian Manhunter figure also, or maybe even be the new exclusive figure for a new LEGO DC game, but that's next to impossible, especially it being a Legion of Superheroes figure, something I hadn't even heard of until 5 minutes ago. It could be a TRU exclusive, which is probably the more likely case, but the figure just doesn't seem well known enough. Like say it was, I don't know, a Knightfall Batman, or a Red Son Superman. People would flock to that, but Cosmic Boy... I hadn't heard of him either until 5 minutes ago. Little kids wouldn't want it, he just doens't seem appealing to them for it to be a character most kids won't know.

Ok I'm just gonna call it now, should DC Super Heroes: Cosmic Clash include the Legion of Super Heroes, the exclusive minifigure will be Saturn Girl

Ok I'm just gonna call it now, should DC Super Heroes: Cosmic Clash include the Legion of Super Heroes, the exclusive minifigure will be Saturn Girl

Personally I hope not. I would much rather get a more recognisable/popular character such as cheetah or if we are going with a cosmic theme perhaps Desaad or maybe one of the many lanterns such as Larfleeze etc.

What we know:

He's not gonna be in the DVD Case of DC SuperHeroes: Cosmic Clash.

So he's gotta be a S@H exclusive or a TRU exclusive.

I personally don't think he's gonna be a TRU exclusive, but a S@H exclusive. I can't remember that there was ever been a polybag of DC that was only be available at TRU.

Personally I hope not. I would much rather get a more recognisable/popular character such as cheetah or if we are going with a cosmic theme perhaps Desaad or maybe one of the many lanterns such as Larfleeze etc.

I know, I'd want someone cool too, but DC clearly want to do all these guys. I don't even know who these guys are. If anyone I'd love to have Azrael, Blue Beetle or Booster Gold, but DC clearly has other plans

What we know:

He's not gonna be in the DVD Case of DC SuperHeroes: Cosmic Clash.

So he's gotta be a S@H exclusive or a TRU exclusive.

I personally don't think he's gonna be a TRU exclusive, but a S@H exclusive. I can't remember that there was ever been a polybag of DC that was only be available at TRU.

If it was a S@H exclusive, it wouldn't have been found "in the wild", unless an employee posted the photo.

If it was a S@H exclusive, it wouldn't have been found "in the wild", unless an employee posted the photo.

It is possible that he going to be in a game? That is how Walmart released Patriot Iron Man in a Polybag inside of the Game if I remember.

No, he was a separate image/set from the beginning. I don't think we'd see a S@H quality image of something to be released by next autumn/winter, anyway, as the cubes are one per year.

I'm glad he does come with the cosmic swirl base, rather than it just being a stand-in to pose the figure.

Well we did with Lightning Lad

It is possible that he going to be in a game? That is how Walmart released Patriot Iron Man in a Polybag inside of the Game if I remember.

Probably not, as it was in LEGO's database too early for it to be an exclusive for a game we've never heard of.

Well we did with Lightning Lad

No, we didn't. The first time we saw Lightning Lad was in a Taobao auction leaked from China. LEGO does not have any images taken of him, as he is just part of this year's cube set. Lightning Lad, however, had a S@H-quality image, and he's a polybag, which indicates that he's most likely a TRU exclusive like Dareth, Rocket, AoU Hulk, or Electro.

Probably not, as it was in LEGO's database too early for it to be an exclusive for a game we've never heard of.

No, we didn't. The first time we saw Lightning Lad was in a Taobao auction leaked from China. LEGO does not have any images taken of him, as he is just part of this year's cube set. Lightning Lad, however, had a S@H-quality image, and he's a polybag, which indicates that he's most likely a TRU exclusive like Dareth, Rocket, AoU Hulk, or Electro.

I meant timing wise as we got the pictures of Lightning Lad who was in the cube not long after we got Superboy in the cube.

I know, I'd want someone cool too, but DC clearly want to do all these guys. I don't even know who these guys are. If anyone I'd love to have Azrael, Blue Beetle or Booster Gold, but DC clearly has other plans

I completely agree there are far better characters that should be introduced before D listers like the legion are brought out.

I completely agree there are far better characters that should be introduced before D listers like the legion are brought out.

Yeah exactly. This year was the golden year for Lego DC Super Heroes, as we had so many great heroes and amazing, new villains. Seems like the Legion is near enough ruining the good streak

Just because we are getting a couple Legion characters, doesn't mean thats all they will make. I think that they'll release the core 3 (Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl), and then leave the Legion alone for a while. I'm sure we'll get the other league characters soon enough, be patient. We still have a summer wave that hasn't been announced, which can easily include b or c list characters.

Well I for one hope that we will get a New 52 Superman before we will get any of these "lesser known" heroes however I don't mind that Lego is choosing some of the more obscurer characters from promotional purposes.

Well I for one hope that we will get a New 52 Superman before we will get any of these "lesser known" heroes however I don't mind that Lego is choosing some of the more obscurer characters from promotional purposes.

considering he unfortunately didn't appear last year with the rest of the new 52 variants and the new 52 ended earlier this year after Convergence and Superman is revamped with a new suit and blah blah the chances of LEGO going back and using that suit when they could stick with the one they have now or give him a current appearance seems real slim.. but i totally agree with the stance of getting better characters before D-listers..

While I agree he most likely is a TRU exclusive I wouldn't rule out a S@H exclusive or a game preorder bonus.. remember LEGO Batman 3 was announced in May and released by November i think.. so if something similar were to happen the timing for this minifigure to show up could be justified. while it's extremely unlikely, stranger things have happened.

Edited by Coca-Cola

If we do get new 52 superman, I hope its next year. He would have to be a promotional poly bag, and I would hope he gets Spiderman's dual molded legs.

I think we forget that the designers get to choose what designs they prefer to be in a set. Though we "deserve" ( :hmpf: ) a New 52 Superman It's the designer's choice. So it could never come, or it could. :shrug_oh_well:

I think we forget that the designers get to choose what designs they prefer to be in a set. Though we "deserve" ( :hmpf: ) a New 52 Superman It's the designer's choice. So it could never come, or it could. :shrug_oh_well:

The designs have been pretty good when it comes to variants, at least for the more popular characters.

My 1st theory:

He's not a TRU exclusive. If it was, they would always show the piece count.

He's a S@H exclusive. They only show us: age rank, set number and name. No piece count.

My 2nd theory:

He's not a S@H exclusive. They show a set number which is unusual for a polybag with just 1 minifig ( that is available at S@H ).

He's a TRU exclusive. ^ Same reason ^

My 3rd theory:

He's not a TRU exclusive. TRU polybags ( mostly ) have always a sightly big build.

He's a S@H exclusive. ^ Same reason ^

In some ways my theories aren't right, I was just looking for some reasons, theories and patterns.

Edited by Winter Soldier

I don't see how this is so awful?? Even if you don't like the Legion (which, may I remind you, is one of DC's three biggest superhero teams) they at least serve as a sign of things to come. Lego is becoming far more comfortable delivering characters outside of the most recognizable ones. This theme, which was once nothing more than Batman II with one exception, is now fully embracing the entirety of the DCU! If we're getting the likes of Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad as exclusives and polybags, it's only a matter of time before we see guys like Blue Beetle and Booster Gold being featured in fullsize sets!

My 1st theory:

He's not a TRU exclusive. If it was, they would always show the piece count.

He's a S@H exclusive. They only show us: age rank, set number and name. No piece count.

My 2nd theory:

He's not a S@H exclusive. They show a set number which is unusual for a polybag with just 1 minifig ( that is available at S@H ).

He's a TRU exclusive. ^ Same reason ^

My 3rd theory:

He's not a TRU exclusive. TRU polybags ( mostly ) have always a sightly big build.

He's a S@H exclusive. ^ Same reason ^

In some ways my theories aren't right, I was just looking for some reasons, theories and patterns.

C-3PO doesn't have a build, and he's a TRU exclusive polybag.

Like I said, " In some ways my theories aren't right ". Edited by Winter Soldier

I don't see how this is so awful?? Even if you don't like the Legion (which, may I remind you, is one of DC's three biggest superhero teams) they at least serve as a sign of things to come. Lego is becoming far more comfortable delivering characters outside of the most recognizable ones. This theme, which was once nothing more than Batman II with one exception, is now fully embracing the entirety of the DCU! If we're getting the likes of Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad as exclusives and polybags, it's only a matter of time before we see guys like Blue Beetle and Booster Gold being featured in fullsize sets!

I agree with your point but the legion is not one DC's 3 biggest teams; that would be the Justice League, The Justice society and the (teen) titans.

I agree with your point but the legion is not one DC's 3 biggest teams; that would be the Justice League, The Justice society and the (teen) titans.

And on that last point of Teen Titans, still waiting for Raven...

And on that last point of Teen Titans, still waiting for Raven...

Supposedly we are seeing her soon :-D.